Show Me Your BMW!!!!!!!!!

Show Me Your BMW!!!!!!!!!

Author
Discussion

Ruskie

3,162 posts

166 months

Sunday 1st November 2020
quotequote all
LanceRS said:
The Clubsports were either Estoril Blue


Or Velvet Blue



Also silver!

Smokey32

351 posts

59 months

Monday 2nd November 2020
quotequote all


After my first attempt at machine polishing. 2009 335i DCT, plenty of mods.

Dinoboy

2,068 posts

183 months

Monday 2nd November 2020
quotequote all
Picked this up at the weekend. Year old 440i with under 10k.
Had a lovely drive back from London to Glasgow in it.


beambeam1

321 posts

9 months

Wednesday 4th November 2020
quotequote all
Smokey32 said:


After my first attempt at machine polishing. 2009 335i DCT, plenty of mods.
How did you find it? I've never worked up the courage to have a go as fear I will burn through the paint and cause more harm than good! Car is looking fantastic though, love the wheels.

Back with an updated pic of my own, spent the last two afternoons thoroughly cleaning the car prior to polishing and waxing by hand:


Smokey32

351 posts

59 months

Wednesday 4th November 2020
quotequote all
Very easy mate, id reccomend giving it a go, just make sure you get a Dual Action polisher. Its pretty difficult to cut through the paint, you'd have to press on silly hard and keep it in the same place.

I think i could of done a better job and spent a bit longer, maybe next summer when its worth cleaning lol.

anonymous-user

20 months

Wednesday 4th November 2020
quotequote all
Smokey32 said:
Very easy mate, id reccomend giving it a go, just make sure you get a Dual Action polisher. Its pretty difficult to cut through the paint, you'd have to press on silly hard and keep it in the same place.

I think i could of done a better job and spent a bit longer, maybe next summer when its worth cleaning lol.
yes with a dual action polisher, the foam pad would explode before you go through the clear coat.

Kessler

154 posts

178 months

Wednesday 4th November 2020
quotequote all
After a layer of Megs ceramic wax




eein

892 posts

231 months

Friday 6th November 2020
quotequote all
Some recent shots of my F02 760Li after a good clean and wax (autoglym products).

Interesting to compare the look of the white ("Mineral White") finish to the 440 in the post above. Surprisingly different look - I wonder how much is the paint and how much is the wax.








Burwood

17,231 posts

212 months

Saturday 7th November 2020
quotequote all
Kessler said:
After a layer of Megs ceramic wax



Nice job on the wax! Great CW photo. Bet it's quiet there now.

Armchair_Expert

15,909 posts

172 months

Monday 9th November 2020
quotequote all



"Cloth roof, on a B58?

In Mineral Grey?

Mapped you say? Mapped?

Suits you sir

Suits you... oooohhhh"









Edited by Armchair_Expert on Monday 9th November 00:20

d_a_n1979

2,952 posts

38 months

Monday 9th November 2020
quotequote all
Kessler said:
After a layer of Megs ceramic wax



That's stunning cool

d_a_n1979

2,952 posts

38 months

Monday 9th November 2020
quotequote all
eein said:
Some recent shots of my F02 760Li after a good clean and wax (autoglym products).

Interesting to compare the look of the white ("Mineral White") finish to the 440 in the post above. Surprisingly different look - I wonder how much is the paint and how much is the wax.





That is such a nice car; any interior shots? smile

AB

16,056 posts

161 months

Friday 20th November 2020
quotequote all



She's getting there... engine and gearbox remap done. Hybrid turbo and suspension tweaks still to go.

The power delivery is brutal.

Edited by AB on Saturday 21st November 12:19

Nick J

1,078 posts

190 months

Saturday 21st November 2020
quotequote all
Burwood said:
Nick J said:
Here’s mine, bought a couple of months ago and absolutely love it.

Nick, it looks very new. Was it a run out pre facelift, or did it have a few miles on it. You don't often see such high spec cars. Did you search specifically for it or just happened to come across it when looking? Perfect spec btw
Sorry for the super late reply, I started looking at S Class and 7 series for the mile munching that I was supposed to be doing, 35k per annum. I started comparing specs across the cars available and before I knew it I was looking for the highest spec possible.

This one has about £25k worth of options on it. It came in new at £103k. I bought it 9 months old, 1 owner with 3k miles on from a main dealer, for a lot less hehe it’s one of the last pre facelift cars. Due to COVID I’ve only gone to the shops and back... still a nice car but not the intended purpose so far.

AB

16,056 posts

161 months

Saturday 21st November 2020
quotequote all
eein said:
Some recent shots of my F02 760Li after a good clean and wax (autoglym products).

Interesting to compare the look of the white ("Mineral White") finish to the 440 in the post above. Surprisingly different look - I wonder how much is the paint and how much is the wax.
My X5 is Mineral White, in certain lights it can look quite different, I'm not really sure how to describe it, almost creamy?

nomis36

282 posts

130 months

Sunday 22nd November 2020
quotequote all
AB said:



She's getting there... engine and gearbox remap done. Hybrid turbo and suspension tweaks still to go.

The power delivery is brutal.

Edited by AB on Saturday 21st November 12:19
Nice! Bet that’s ‘entertaining’ in the wet!

NickMexicos

45 posts

139 months

Friday 27th November 2020
quotequote all
1 of Mine
E30 318is
F80 M3
both superb cars in there own right


Cl4rkyPH

184 posts

13 months

Friday 27th November 2020
quotequote all
Here’s mine. Bought in August and loving every minute so far.


mattyn1

4,722 posts

121 months

Friday 27th November 2020
quotequote all
Cl4rkyPH said:
Here’s mine. Bought in August and loving every minute so far.

Lee-on-Solent?

_speedyellow_

39 posts

148 months

Friday 27th November 2020
quotequote all
Just got back into BMW ownership with this..