Loud Bikes or quiet

Loud Bikes or quiet

Author
Discussion

Dont like rolls

3,798 posts

10 months

Tuesday 7th July
quotequote all
Killboy said:
V8RX7 said:
When I'm driving around the biggest issue is all the cyclists / joggers / horse riders who seem to think country roads are a recreational area not a transport system, it really wouldn't surprise me to find some camping / having a picnic in the middle of the road
Whats wrong with cyclists / joggers / horse riders? I'm using the roads on my motorbike for recreation, not for transport. whistle
How do you modify a horse to make it illegal and have the ability to piss people off in their gardens 2 miles away ?

Chicken dinner

2,568 posts

24 months

Tuesday 7th July
quotequote all
Dont like rolls said:
Well, kids will be kids (some) and they just get louder rather than growing up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUNBRFG7rYU
Do you have one on your electric bicycle child's toy?

Dont like rolls

3,798 posts

10 months

Tuesday 7th July
quotequote all
No, the stabiliser mounts get in the way.....

Pothole

30,388 posts

238 months

Tuesday 7th July
quotequote all
Killboy said:
I think this thread illustrates the problem.

It's fairly clear that legislation will gradually come in that at best will put limits on bikes, and at worst will ban it them together. But people seem to double down rather than work towards a positive outcome.
Cites please. Or are you just making this up?

Chicken dinner

2,568 posts

24 months

Tuesday 7th July
quotequote all
Dont like rolls said:
No, the stabiliser mounts get in the way.....
clap
touché

Krikkit

18,978 posts

137 months

Tuesday 7th July
quotequote all
Chicken dinner said:
Dont like rolls said:
Well, kids will be kids (some) and they just get louder rather than growing up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUNBRFG7rYU
Do you have one on your electric bicycle child's toy?
Wish I'd had those when I was a kid, awesome.

Killboy

2,035 posts

158 months

Tuesday 7th July
quotequote all
Pothole said:
Cites please. Or are you just making this up?
Ah, you one of those. Considering you've commented on threads and posts about it, lets just say I'm making this up wink

ddom

1,156 posts

4 months

Tuesday 7th July
quotequote all
V8RX7 said:
They really aren't - we have two women near the two local schools who delight in riding past them at 3.30 every day causing mayhem - actually a convoy of noisy bikes might solve that.
Course they do.

Dont like rolls

3,798 posts

10 months

Tuesday 7th July
quotequote all
ddom said:
V8RX7 said:
They really aren't - we have two women near the two local schools who delight in riding past them at 3.30 every day causing mayhem - actually a convoy of noisy bikes might solve that.
Course they do.
Translates, "I once or twice have seen a horse, it was funny once as one was frightened by my bikes engine when I rev'ed it.....and caused a bit of a fuss...hehehehehe"


Edited by Dont like rolls on Wednesday 8th July 13:51

zzrman

336 posts

145 months

Wednesday 8th July
quotequote all
The title of an article in yesterday's Times: "German cities hit by protests over plans to silence ‘rage bikers’ "

You can only access it if you're a subscriber but the gist of it is that there are proposals to limit the noise limit to 80Db. The protesters were the bikers.


Gweeds

500 posts

8 months

Wednesday 8th July
quotequote all
V8RX7 said:
When I'm driving around the biggest issue is all the cyclists / joggers / horse riders who seem to think country roads are a recreational area not a transport system, it really wouldn't surprise me to find some camping / having a picnic in the middle of the road
So it's ok for you to go for a recreational ride because you have an engine, buy anyone powered by legs is just not on?

Gweeds

500 posts

8 months

Wednesday 8th July
quotequote all
zzrman said:
The title of an article in yesterday's Times: "German cities hit by protests over plans to silence ‘rage bikers’ "

You can only access it if you're a subscriber but the gist of it is that there are proposals to limit the noise limit to 80Db. The protesters were the bikers.
And of course they were.

What they're actually saying is we want the right to make as much noise as we like, and fk everyone else.

Dr Jekyll

19,926 posts

217 months

Wednesday 8th July
quotequote all
Gweeds said:
zzrman said:
The title of an article in yesterday's Times: "German cities hit by protests over plans to silence ‘rage bikers’ "

You can only access it if you're a subscriber but the gist of it is that there are proposals to limit the noise limit to 80Db. The protesters were the bikers.
And of course they were.

What they're actually saying is we want the right to make as much noise as we like, and fk everyone else.
No, they are saying the existing noise limit is fine so don't reduce it.

Chicken dinner

2,568 posts

24 months

Wednesday 8th July
quotequote all
Gweeds said:
V8RX7 said:
When I'm driving around the biggest issue is all the cyclists / joggers / horse riders who seem to think country roads are a recreational area not a transport system, it really wouldn't surprise me to find some camping / having a picnic in the middle of the road
So it's ok for you to go for a recreational ride because you have an engine, buy anyone powered by legs is just not on?
Road tax innit

Neil1300r

5,143 posts

134 months

Wednesday 8th July
quotequote all
zzrman said:
The title of an article in yesterday's Times: "German cities hit by protests over plans to silence ‘rage bikers’ "

You can only access it if you're a subscriber but the gist of it is that there are proposals to limit the noise limit to 80Db. The protesters were the bikers.
There is also an Editorial. Suggesting that bikes should be quieter in the UK.

andburg

3,821 posts

125 months

Wednesday 8th July
quotequote all
kestral said:
So not legal then!

I have seen so many loud HD I thought they had some sort of noise exemption.

Ploddy must be pulling them over all the time for noise,not speed.laugh
Couple of possible explanations for this...

HD and other large cylinder, low revving bikes tend to make a much lower pitch exhaust note and these carry further and penetrate more than high pitch noises.

HD will make the limit at full chat and at the rev limit, a sports bike will do the same but when cruising at 2000rpm, the HD is going to be closer to it's peak.

High pitch noises are (from google) more damaging than low ones so the question for me is; Whats more dangerous? high pitch noise at a low volume or low pitch noise at a high volume.


If car legislation is anything to go on the legal limits for new bikes will drop from 86db. Cars are currently allowed 74db but by 2026 this will be reduced to 68db






zzrman

336 posts

145 months

Wednesday 8th July
quotequote all
Neil1300r said:
There is also an Editorial. Suggesting that bikes should be quieter in the UK.
Hadn't noticed that. Just read it. If the loud pipe brigade don't knock it off then there's a fair chance something will be done and it will likely affect all bikers adversely to some degree.


irocfan

23,906 posts

146 months

Wednesday 8th July
quotequote all
zzrman said:
Neil1300r said:
There is also an Editorial. Suggesting that bikes should be quieter in the UK.
Hadn't noticed that. Just read it. If the loud pipe brigade don't knock it off then there's a fair chance something will be done and it will likely affect all bikers adversely to some degree.
because naturally if an existing limit isn't being adhered to the sensible thing is to make the limit lower still - what a crock.

Killboy

2,035 posts

158 months

Wednesday 8th July
quotequote all
irocfan said:
because naturally if an existing limit isn't being adhered to the sensible thing is to make the limit lower still - what a crock.
Move the problem to manufacturers. And make modifying illegal. Do you really want to have a stand off with legislators that don't share your views?

Dont like rolls

3,798 posts

10 months

Wednesday 8th July
quotequote all
Killboy said:
irocfan said:
because naturally if an existing limit isn't being adhered to the sensible thing is to make the limit lower still - what a crock.
Move the problem to manufacturers. And make modifying illegal. Do you really want to have a stand off with legislators that don't share your views?
That is already happening for Cars & Bikes within the EU.....

Anti Social "look at me" modifiers of bikes and cars, be they individuals or companies are being destructive to the freedoms we have in the UK over those more draconian countries.

Modified includes wheels, headlamps exhausts suspension etc....banned if not Orginal OEM part

(Guess who supports this....yep....the big manufactures who will expand their "tested" accessory range to clip more revenue off the back of the restrictions)