4C - Where are we with prices right now?

4C - Where are we with prices right now?

Author
Discussion

T5GRF

1,499 posts

212 months

Sunday 10th November
quotequote all
Chris1712 said:
Wow 103dba, that’s loud. Anyone do a slide on silencer for track days? Or do I have to change to something quieter?

The yellow Spider at Alfa Bedford has just dropped to 35995, seems quite keen but I can’t help but think they must be Red tongue out

Edit: apparently a silencer clamped on one side brings it under 100db which is good enough.
The big question for me is the 50th anniversary worth the 3-4k premium? The carbon roll hoop looks absolutely incredible....

Edited by Chris1712 on Friday 8th November 19:51
The yellow spider at Bedford is actually owned by the MD of the group, I viewed it 2 years ago too. It’s not in the best of condition (well it wasn’t when I viewed it) and st the time they we’re asking way too much for it and wouldn’t budge a penny. I enquired about it again in August 2018 and got a similar answer on price..

omniflow

827 posts

99 months

Monday 11th November
quotequote all
T5GRF said:
The yellow spider at Bedford is actually owned by the MD of the group, I viewed it 2 years ago too. It’s not in the best of condition (well it wasn’t when I viewed it) and st the time they we’re asking way too much for it and wouldn’t budge a penny. I enquired about it again in August 2018 and got a similar answer on price..
Yup - when I went to see it, the Autotrader advert said something like 2,300 miles. When I got there it had over 8,000 miles on the clock. The salesman seemed totally unconcerned by this.

Chris1712

151 posts

47 months

Monday 11th November
quotequote all
Another question, is there space for the hood in the cabin? Just thinking actually taking it on road trips, boot's already full of bags and coats etc. Where do you put the roof! It looks to fold up pretty nicely, will it tuck behind the seats maybe? Passenger footwell?

Moley RUFC

3,035 posts

137 months

Monday 11th November
quotequote all
The roof could fit in the passenger footwell but there’s not a lot of space for anything else including legs....

There are some coat hooks behind both seats but in reality it’s about how you pack into the space you do have.

T5GRF

1,499 posts

212 months

Wednesday 13th November
quotequote all
Chris1712 said:
Another question, is there space for the hood in the cabin? Just thinking actually taking it on road trips, boot's already full of bags and coats etc. Where do you put the roof! It looks to fold up pretty nicely, will it tuck behind the seats maybe? Passenger footwell?
Boot space can be a little limited with the roof stowed.
There are one or two individuals looking at some kind of split carbon roof where the individual panels might store behind the seats, I’d certify be interested in one if they make them...

Chris1712

151 posts

47 months

Wednesday 13th November
quotequote all
Is there a VIN decoder anywhere? Getting close to buying now but want to double check the spec on a few cars, wondering if I could find one with factory PPF.

Rosso Competizione is really stunning, but will it hold that premium come resale? Argh.

_Superleggera_

1,950 posts

145 months

Thursday 14th November
quotequote all
Chris1712 said:
Is there a VIN decoder anywhere? Getting close to buying now but want to double check the spec on a few cars, wondering if I could find one with factory PPF.

Rosso Competizione is really stunning, but will it hold that premium come resale? Argh.
Sent you a PM. No vin decoder exists sadly.

andygtt

8,309 posts

212 months

Tuesday 19th November
quotequote all
Chris1712 said:
Wow 103dba, that’s loud. Anyone do a slide on silencer for track days? Or do I have to change to something quieter?

The yellow Spider at Alfa Bedford has just dropped to 35995, seems quite keen but I can’t help but think they must be Red tongue out

Edit: apparently a silencer clamped on one side brings it under 100db which is good enough.
The big question for me is the 50th anniversary worth the 3-4k premium? The carbon roll hoop looks absolutely incredible....

Edited by Chris1712 on Friday 8th November 19:51
From what I have seen the carbon roll hoop is stuck over the original unit... its available to buy for around £1200. If I don't end up selling mine soon (a real consideration atm and its not even the cars fault lol) then I intend to make a carbon roll over panel (not cover) and carbon removable roof that can be stowed the cabin.
I also fitted the AW suspension inter blocks, made a huge difference on my car.

I bought on condition and mileage and looked for ones with as high spec for value ratio... its easy to get hung up on the very best spec for resale and then spend £5k more than others with slightly lower spec.

For me the ONLY compromise I made was leather dash, I was initially very hung up on buying one with it for the reason you mention, then after sitting in them I realised to me it didn't add up to being worth £5k more (which is what all the other comparable 4Cs with a leather dash were at the time). The door cards are not leather in UK, so the dash simply matches them and I never regret that decision.

I got a yellow one as it was my first and only choice on colour, i wasn't prepared to consider anything else smile

_Superleggera_

1,950 posts

145 months

Tuesday 19th November
quotequote all
For all those looking. I have a mega deal on a Comp Red 4C Spider.

Must be sold this week.

3600Miles
66 Plate car.
One previous owner.
PPF.

Gorgeous.

Drop me a PM if anyone is interested.


MellowshipSlinky

11,164 posts

137 months

Tuesday 19th November
quotequote all
_Superleggera_ said:
For all those looking. I have a mega deal on a Comp Red 4C Spider.

Must be sold this week.

3600Miles
66 Plate car.
One previous owner.
PPF.

Gorgeous.

Drop me a PM if anyone is interested.
I’m tempted laugh

Chris1712

151 posts

47 months

Thursday 21st November
quotequote all
I posted a thread on 4c-forum, but just wondering are there owners on here around the South West? I've sold my old car now and have cash waiting for the right 4C, but I haven't even sat in one! Unfortunately there aren't any nearby to go and test drive, so I was wondering if anyone local would be able to show me theirs or even give a passenger ride?

Long shot I know but worth a shot compared to a 4 hour train journey only to find out I hate it in reality!

I'm in Frome, but can be in Bristol/Swindon easy enough smile.

Jim82

29 posts

10 months

Thursday 21st November
quotequote all
I’m in Malvern-
I’d be happy to share !
Cheers
Jim

jms1

164 posts

144 months

Friday 22nd November
quotequote all
Chris1712 said:
I posted a thread on 4c-forum, but just wondering are there owners on here around the South West? I've sold my old car now and have cash waiting for the right 4C, but I haven't even sat in one! Unfortunately there aren't any nearby to go and test drive, so I was wondering if anyone local would be able to show me theirs or even give a passenger ride?

Long shot I know but worth a shot compared to a 4 hour train journey only to find out I hate it in reality!

I'm in Frome, but can be in Bristol/Swindon easy enough smile.
Hi Chris,
Let me know what spec 4C you’re looking for. Especially if it’s a red LE with sub 14k miles and FSH (including recent cambelt change).

As a driving proposition the 4C is a visceral experience and involving on so many levels. You definitely need to seek out a test drive and have a good look around one for sure :-).

I’m in Oxford, so not as close as Swindon but would be happy to oblige regardless of what spec/colour you’re after.

Chris1712

151 posts

47 months

Saturday 23rd November
quotequote all
Jim82 said:
I’m in Malvern-
I’d be happy to share !
Cheers
Jim
Thanks Jim, if I find myself heading that way I might get in contact smile.

jms1 said:
Hi Chris,
Let me know what spec 4C you’re looking for. Especially if it’s a red LE with sub 14k miles and FSH (including recent cambelt change).

As a driving proposition the 4C is a visceral experience and involving on so many levels. You definitely need to seek out a test drive and have a good look around one for sure :-).

I’m in Oxford, so not as close as Swindon but would be happy to oblige regardless of what spec/colour you’re after.
Im afraid I’m after a Spider. BUT as far as experiencing the car goes the Coupe should do the trick! Same as Jim, if I’m ever in that direction I will try and arrange something.

Unfortunately the tragedy that is UK public transport means seemingly everywhere is at least 4 hours train away!

Chris1712

151 posts

47 months

Saturday 23rd November
quotequote all
Managed to talk to MOPAR who deal with extended Alfa warranties, and also had a good chat with a service tech at Alfa Swindon.

Gist of it is, roughly 10% leeway for most cases. That’s 10% of the interval, so 1200 miles OR ~5 weeks for the 4C.
Unfortunately with so many being ex lease, they were all handed back early and bounced around auctions for a while before getting their 2nd service. All the ones I’ve enquires about so far are at least 2 months overdue!

Unacceptable on a 2 year old sports car imo, can’t see how they’re going to shift any of these - it’s certainly not priced in. This means ALL the Auto100 cars are effectively worthless imo.

Chris1712

151 posts

47 months

Thursday
quotequote all
Picking up FH17 YNR this Saturday. Was it anyone's here? It has Alfaworks road blocks and recent PS4s, so I think it was probably 'enthusiast' owned.

My heart is ruling my head a bit, but it had all the spec I wanted + PPF + Spacers & new tyres and the official car cover. I also really wanted one in time for my birthday next week rotate

Motorsport3

333 posts

140 months

Thursday
quotequote all
Cool, I am collecting my 4C this Saturday too. It is the grey that was for sale from Lipscomb, a "17" plate as well.

Chris1712

151 posts

47 months

Thursday
quotequote all
Motorsport3 said:
Cool, I am collecting my 4C this Saturday too. It is the grey that was for sale from Lipscomb, a "17" plate as well.
Very nice. I do love the lines of the Coupe but something told me I had to have a Rosso Comp Spider. Where are you located?

omniflow

827 posts

99 months

Thursday
quotequote all
Chris1712 said:
Picking up FH17 YNR this Saturday. Was it anyone's here? It has Alfaworks road blocks and recent PS4s, so I think it was probably 'enthusiast' owned.

My heart is ruling my head a bit, but it had all the spec I wanted + PPF + Spacers & new tyres and the official car cover. I also really wanted one in time for my birthday next week rotate
PM me, I have another birthday present for you.

omniflow

827 posts

99 months

Thursday
quotequote all
Chris1712 said:
Picking up FH17 YNR this Saturday. Was it anyone's here? It has Alfaworks road blocks and recent PS4s, so I think it was probably 'enthusiast' owned.

My heart is ruling my head a bit, but it had all the spec I wanted + PPF + Spacers & new tyres and the official car cover. I also really wanted one in time for my birthday next week rotate
Is the front number plate still held on with cable ties?

When it was collected by Mannheim, they said they couldn't take the car as there was a bulge in one of the front tyres. It was tiny and I hadn't noticed it. I was annoyed so I put an £80 budget tyre on there.

It SHOULD also come with a carbon fibre effect holdall, with red stitching to match the car. I toyed with the idea of keeping that, but it went back with the car and I would definitely say you are owed it.

How did you find out about the GEO mod? Had the dealer worked it out, or did you figure it out when you looked at the car?