PistonHeads.com Forum




Original Poster:

3,495 posts

64 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
Hi all
Just wondering if anybody knows of a good repair shop around the Woking are in Surrey?
I came off a blind steep lip on a curb, ripped the rubber block off at the front corner just behind the wheel arch (what's it for?? - one on each corner) and once the rubber block pinged out the car landed and managed to eat a large lump out of the driver's side door sill. I hasten to add that this all happened at less than a snail's pace but I still could not believe the damage!
Would I be better sourcing the part myself in order to save costs? (fleabay, etc...)


5,046 posts

71 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
the blocks are the jacking points


128 posts

121 months

Saturday 13th October 2012
quotequote all
As said above, they're the jacking points. You can buy them relatively cheaply from the dealers (around £9 I think), and they're easy to fit, as I replaced one of mine which was damaged. If your door sill/trim is also damaged, they're quite easy to replace, and you can get those from the dealers (or probably eBay) too smile