PistonHeads.com Forum

Decent 'Skeleton' type watch

Decent 'Skeleton' type watch

Author
Discussion

AWG

Original Poster:

697 posts

73 months

Tuesday 6th March 2012
quotequote all
Hi there, I am after a watch like the Skeleton type, I had an Armani Meccanico but it broke outside the warranty. Can anyone recommend one for under £200?

Thanks for looking!

smile

Ikemi

7,478 posts

122 months

Tuesday 6th March 2012
quotequote all

Debaser

2,987 posts

178 months

Tuesday 6th March 2012
quotequote all
How about a nice ETA powered Swatch?


AWG

Original Poster:

697 posts

73 months

Tuesday 6th March 2012
quotequote all
These are two great examples cheers guys, I really miss seeing all the workings in action! Just seen this but not sure if its the real deal as the language used in the description of some of the watches makes me second guess!

http://www.armaniwatches.uk.com/

If it is real then the Meccanico's have dropped considerably!

Justayellowbadge

36,366 posts

159 months

Wednesday 7th March 2012
quotequote all
AWG said:
These are two great examples cheers guys, I really miss seeing all the workings in action! Just seen this but not sure if its the real deal as the language used in the description of some of the watches makes me second guess!

http://www.armaniwatches.uk.com/

If it is real then the Meccanico's have dropped considerably!
Yes, because they are crap in the main.

Advertisement

Chicane-UK

3,860 posts

102 months

Wednesday 7th March 2012
quotequote all
Rotary do several skeleton type watches this year for not ridiculous amounts of money!

For example: http://www.thewatchhut.co.uk/Rotary-Gents-Strap-Wa...

And just realised it's an auto too.. a bit of a billy bargain actually!

MG511

1,693 posts

158 months

Wednesday 7th March 2012
quotequote all
Chicane-UK said:
Rotary do several skeleton type watches this year for not ridiculous amounts of money!

For example: http://www.thewatchhut.co.uk/Rotary-Gents-Strap-Wa...

And just realised it's an auto too.. a bit of a billy bargain actually!
That is not a bargain, Watchhut are very expensive when you compare them with Amazon and Argos. This auto skeleton Rotary in Argos is only £75 http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2...




Miocene

439 posts

74 months

Wednesday 7th March 2012
quotequote all
An extra £40 will get you a Kemmner...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kemmner-Skelettuhr-SG821...

onesickpuppy

2,635 posts

74 months

Wednesday 7th March 2012
quotequote all
AWG said:
These are two great examples cheers guys, I really miss seeing all the workings in action! Just seen this but not sure if its the real deal as the language used in the description of some of the watches makes me second guess!

http://www.armaniwatches.uk.com/

If it is real then the Meccanico's have dropped considerably!
That CANNOT be real, surely?
Dodgy Website said:
"AMZING PRICE, BUY HIM/HER A GIFT"

AWG

Original Poster:

697 posts

73 months

Wednesday 7th March 2012
quotequote all
That's what I thought! And the comments to the Gents Meccanico that I had say it's ideal for the 'single man' - Why the fook would you say that and elliminate half your market!

ReaperCushions

2,506 posts

101 months

Wednesday 7th March 2012
quotequote all
onesickpuppy said:
AWG said:
These are two great examples cheers guys, I really miss seeing all the workings in action! Just seen this but not sure if its the real deal as the language used in the description of some of the watches makes me second guess!

http://www.armaniwatches.uk.com/

If it is real then the Meccanico's have dropped considerably!
That CANNOT be real, surely?
Dodgy Website said:
"AMZING PRICE, BUY HIM/HER A GIFT"
Check the 'about us' section of the site. Some of it has been copied and pasted from ernest jones.... so much as they have forgotton to take ernest jones out of the text!!


AWG

Original Poster:

697 posts

73 months

Wednesday 7th March 2012
quotequote all
Think i'll avoid this place like the plague!

Eighteeteewhy

7,259 posts

85 months

Wednesday 7th March 2012
quotequote all
ReaperCushions said:
Check the 'about us' section of the site. Some of it has been copied and pasted from ernest jones.... so much as they have forgotton to take ernest jones out of the text!!
rofl