RE: E63-based Brabus 800 confirmed for Geneva

RE: E63-based Brabus 800 confirmed for Geneva

Friday 2nd March

E63-based Brabus 800 confirmed for Geneva

Like an E63, but find it wanting for power? Brabus, as always, has the answer



The debate around just where Brabus fits in as AMG products become crazier and crazier has been running for a good while now, but it would appear that Bottrop's audacity knows no bounds. If AMG goes with more power, then Brabus goes with even more again...

Hence the Brabus 800, a car based on the AMG E63 S 4Matic+ and one that gives the AMG flagship another 188hp. For a nice round 800, or 789bhp in old money. Torque is rated at 737lb ft (1,000Nm), presumably for fear of churning up every bit of tarmac the car drives over.


Brabus says 800hp is sufficient for a 3.0-second sprint to 62mph and a limited 186mph top speed. And don't worry, Brabus also says that versions "with an even higher top speed" are in development.

The mad Brabus gains have been achieved through the fitment of two new turbos, taking boost pressure to 1.6 bar, plus the introduction of a new sports exhaust. Best of all, every upgrade is covered by a 62,000-mile Brabus warranty, so there's really no excuse not to.

Marking out the 800 - if indeed you get that long to look at it - are new front intakes, unique 21-inch wheels and a rework of the air suspension that drops the car by 20mm. A range of 'naked carbon' aero enhancements can be added if you so wish.


For the Geneva show car, Brabus is throwing damn near every option at its E63, up to an?d? including two-tone interior leather. We're told to pay particular attention to 'pinpoint quilting' of the seat surfaces, yet more carbon and backlit scuff plates that are in sync with the interior ambient lighting?. Marvellous.

Brabus hasn't issued a price yet for the 800, but given that this 700hp version is for sale at 240,000 euros, somewhere approaching 300,000 doesn't seem ridiculous. And yes, you can have an estate too...

 

 

 

 

Author
Discussion

JEMAutomotive

Original Poster:

59 posts

116 months

Friday 2nd March
quotequote all
Love the car but the seats would have to go, look like they were outsourced to Khan !

loose cannon

5,218 posts

177 months

Friday 2nd March
quotequote all
Trouble is Kahn is the market for this sort of car
And tsw hockenheim wheels from C.A.R

David87

5,021 posts

148 months

Friday 2nd March
quotequote all
Yes to the mechanical stuff, no to everything else.

StephenGalley

67 posts

11 months

Friday 2nd March
quotequote all
Sounds like it will be a beast, I'd love to take one for a spin.

PHMatt

577 posts

84 months

Friday 2nd March
quotequote all
loose cannon said:
Trouble is Kahn is the market for this sort of car
And tsw hockenheim wheels from C.A.R
If I was ever in the financial position to do so, I would rather flush my money down the toilet than give it to that arrogant *****
Advertisement

BFleming

747 posts

79 months

Friday 2nd March
quotequote all
I think I'm with the others here, I'd take the power, none of the bodykit, and none of the tart's boudoir interior either thanks.
Actually I would just have a boggo E63S.

AndStilliRise

2,295 posts

52 months

Friday 2nd March
quotequote all
Wow!

M35A2

3 posts

42 months

Friday 2nd March
quotequote all
That's a disappointing looking engine. It may as well be an electric motor!

406dogvan

5,294 posts

201 months

Friday 2nd March
quotequote all
Ah, German design on that interior - non-matching jacket-and-pants was something only they seemed to think was a good idea ;0

Overall it's a monster but I still think that 'B' badge looks tacky-as-hell - could they maybe make something which doesn't look like it came from eBay? smile

ZX10R NIN

12,282 posts

61 months

Saturday 3rd March
quotequote all
I'd take the whole thing you don't see the seats when you're driving & even if I could I wouldn't give a st as I'd be to busy enjoy 800bhp smile

FN2TypeR

5,765 posts

29 months

Saturday 3rd March
quotequote all
article said:
For a nice round 800, or 789bhp in old money. Torque is rated at 737lb ft (1,000Nm)
It's just not enough, ahm oot getmecoat

bluemason

299 posts

59 months

Saturday 3rd March
quotequote all
you have to be absolute bonkers to be spending over 200 grand on an e class

Norfolkandchance

1,392 posts

135 months

Sunday 4th March
quotequote all
Good to see the MG ZT continues to have the influence it deservers!


kingkongsfinger

123 posts

107 months

Sunday 4th March
quotequote all
Norfolkandchance said:
Good to see the MG ZT continues to have the influence it deservers!
44

HA HA. exactly what I thought.

Mr Tom

455 posts

77 months

Sunday 4th March
quotequote all
I know it wouldn’t be the same, but would it not be better to get a standard E63 AMG and give it to your local Merc tuner? Surely they could liberate the same power for a lot less. I suppose the only thing would be the lack of warranty?

BIRMA

2,419 posts

130 months

Sunday 4th March
quotequote all
David87 said:
Yes to the mechanical stuff, no to everything else.
Absolutely spot on, everything that they do to the engine is both excellent and looks like you've spent the money. The rest including the interior which I think borders on tarts boudoir and the outside to nearly a drive through Halfords job has never done it for me. Although this one in black is a bit subtle.

Escort3500

3,879 posts

81 months

Sunday 4th March
quotequote all
Norfolkandchance said:
Good to see the MG ZT continues to have the influence it deservers!
Except the ZT is better looking smile

Brooking10

3,123 posts

77 months

Sunday 4th March
quotequote all
Mr Tom said:
I know it wouldn’t be the same, but would it not be better to get a standard E63 AMG and give it to your local Merc tuner? Surely they could liberate the same power for a lot less. I suppose the only thing would be the lack of warranty?
The E63S ECU has not yet been cracked by anybody. MB will have made it available to Brabus to create this car.

The stand out feature re Brabus stuff vs third party tuners is that it maintains warranty and can indeed be supplied and serviced by MB dealers.


BFleming

747 posts

79 months

Sunday 4th March
quotequote all
Brooking10 said:
The E63S ECU has not yet been cracked by anybody. MB will have made it available to Brabus to create this car.

The stand out feature re Brabus stuff vs third party tuners is that it maintains warranty and can indeed be supplied and serviced by MB dealers.
RennTech offer 773PS for the E63S, which I assume they do by remapping. Unless anyone knows different?

Brooking10

3,123 posts

77 months

Monday 5th March
quotequote all
BFleming said:
Brooking10 said:
The E63S ECU has not yet been cracked by anybody. MB will have made it available to Brabus to create this car.

The stand out feature re Brabus stuff vs third party tuners is that it maintains warranty and can indeed be supplied and serviced by MB dealers.
RennTech offer 773PS for the E63S, which I assume they do by remapping. Unless anyone knows different?
I may be wrong but I wonder if that is achieved via a piggy back solution rather than an ecu crack remap.

Only say that because a) none of the other usual places are able to provide a map and b) I can’t see anything in the blurb which points to a removal of the limiter

May well be wrong though as I say