RE: Morgan launches '110 Anniversary' editions

RE: Morgan launches '110 Anniversary' editions

Tuesday 9th October

Morgan launches '110 Anniversary' editions

In 2019 the company that H. F. S. Morgan founded will be 110 years-old. Cue the balloons



Morgan claims to be the longest established, privately owned car company in the world. To mark its founder's construction of the first prototype Morgan Three-Wheeler in 1909, the firm will spend next year celebrating its 110th birthday - and you know what that means. Yup, a full lineup of '110 Anniverary' models is incoming.

The specially badged cars will be offered across the Morgan range, which means you'll have the 4/4, Plus 4, Roadster and 3 Wheeler to choose from. Each will be available with a selected range of options, included at no extra cost to the customer.

Starting with the most cost effective Morgan (the one without a full complement of wheels), you get a choice of 10 options worth a total of £3,300 for the starting price of £39,486. This includes any solid colour from the newly introduced range, along with black rollover hoops, black exhaust heat shields and a body-coloured engine cowl. Inside, there's quilted leather stitching, centre split seats, storage pockets and a mohair tonneau cover.

 

Things get even more exciting in the Plus 4 and Roadster, where a front valance, rear exit sports exhaust and leather bonnet strap are on offer, together with a leather or wood rimmed Moto-Lita steering wheel, performance seats, a mohair hood pack and a choice of leather trim. You can even have the '110 Anniversary logo embroidered onto the headrests.

The Plus 4 is priced from £44,106 in the UK; the Roadster, £55,074. Morgan reckons the 15 options available for each are worth £8,700 and £8,000, respectively. Expect the manufacturer to make further announcements about its 110th year as we roll toward 2019.

Commenting on the launch, Steve Morris, Managing Director, said: "We are delighted to be thriving as a privately owned, British, family owned automotive manufacturer, and in our 110th year of business are stronger than ever. Milestones such as a 110th anniversary offer everyone associated with the brand an opportunity for reflection, as well as an opportunity for us to offer even more to our customers. The '110 Edition' vehicles are the beginning of our celebrations."

Author
Discussion

Macboy

Original Poster:

313 posts

139 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
Literally nobody cares. No comments throughout lunchtime is proof enough. "Morgan is 110 years old and added some options to standard cars to sell a few." Whatever your opinion of the company and products this is non-news at very best, as it is every time Mclaren or anyone does an option-list LE.

Triumph Man

5,362 posts

102 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
Ah, but the difference is, nobody else has been making the same car for 110 years hehe

E65Ross

21,068 posts

146 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
Triumph Man said:
Ah, but the difference is, nobody else has been making the same car for 110 years hehe
hehe

jontykint

118 posts

63 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
But look how happy the factory is !


CS Garth

1,695 posts

39 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
A great British marque and worthy of celebration - lucky to look round the factory at Rich’s launch.

Here’s to another 110
Advertisement

mrbarnett

182 posts

27 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
Irrelevant though it may be, I'd still have a manual Plus 8 in my fantasy garage; shame that model isn't featured here...

Fat Wolfie

18 posts

1 month

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
Having recently been authorised by Swmbo to go ahead with my long held ambition to buy a Morgan, I was at the dealers yesterday to sign along the dotted line for a 4/4.

Dealer brought the 110 editions to my attention, and I’m very pleased to now have a Plus 4 on order for delivery Q1 2019.

It made a lot of sense (well, all things are relative, a Morgan doesn’t kind of make sense anyway!) as a lot of options have been bundled into the standard price so by spending £1k more than I planned, I got a Plus 4, with the 2 litre engine, and around £8.5k of extras.

Not everyone’s cup of tea but sometimes an itch just needs to be scratched...

mrbarnett

182 posts

27 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
Fat Wolfie said:
Having recently been authorised by Swmbo to go ahead with my long held ambition to buy a Morgan, I was at the dealers yesterday to sign along the dotted line for a 4/4.

Dealer brought the 110 editions to my attention, and I’m very pleased to now have a Plus 4 on order for delivery Q1 2019.

It made a lot of sense (well, all things are relative, a Morgan doesn’t kind of make sense anyway!) as a lot of options have been bundled into the standard price so by spending £1k more than I planned, I got a Plus 4, with the 2 litre engine, and around £8.5k of extras.

Not everyone’s cup of tea but sometimes an itch just needs to be scratched...
Good work! Congratulations smokin

JerryF

66 posts

108 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
mrbarnett said:
Fat Wolfie said:
Having recently been authorised by Swmbo to go ahead with my long held ambition to buy a Morgan, I was at the dealers yesterday to sign along the dotted line for a 4/4.

Dealer brought the 110 editions to my attention, and I’m very pleased to now have a Plus 4 on order for delivery Q1 2019.

It made a lot of sense (well, all things are relative, a Morgan doesn’t kind of make sense anyway!) as a lot of options have been bundled into the standard price so by spending £1k more than I planned, I got a Plus 4, with the 2 litre engine, and around £8.5k of extras.

Not everyone’s cup of tea but sometimes an itch just needs to be scratched...
Good work! Congratulations smokin
Well Done. Superb decision.

Wacky Racer

29,919 posts

181 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
Nobody cares because there were no replies over lunchtime....lol!

Morgan have a full order book, and have had since the 1950's, so there is plenty of interest in their products.

I think 110 years is something to be proud of, and it's not as though they are charging you for these "extras" to squeeze a few extra bob out of you.

If you get the chance to look around the factory at Malvern Link do so, a great day out.

smile



mikEsprit

702 posts

120 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
Did they do anything for the 100 year anniversary? I don't recall seeing anything on here.

ChasW

1,875 posts

136 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
Wacky Racer said:
Nobody cares because there were no replies over lunchtime....lol!

Morgan have a full order book, and have had since the 1950's, so there is plenty of interest in their products.

I think 110 years is something to be proud of, and it's not as though they are charging you for these "extras" to squeeze a few extra bob out of you.

If you get the chance to look around the factory at Malvern Link do so, a great day out.

smile
+1

I loved the factory tour. A contrast to RR tour I had at Goodwood a few months before. Both fascinating.

ash73

14,959 posts

155 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
£40k for the cheapest three wheeler? That's a lot for what it is, imo.

fakenews

344 posts

11 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
ash73 said:
£40k for the cheapest three wheeler? That's a lot for what it is, imo.
With a username like that they may give you a discount...

Think it was Jay Leno who said "every car collection should have a Morgan in it". Stuff of dreams.

Wacky Racer

29,919 posts

181 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
Morgan's have always been expensive (for what they are) but when you see the craftsmanship that goes into making them, the quality of the leather etc, you can understand why.


I can still see the "traditional" design still going strong in twenty five years, albeit with battery power.

ukaskew

4,312 posts

155 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
Gorgeous picture. A Morgan is and has always been the first car on my lottery list, it used to be an Aero 8 but I'd love a 4/4 now.

The 110 seems like an excellent deal if you were in the market for a new one anyway.

The Crack Fox

13,125 posts

126 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
jontykint said:
But look how happy the factory is !

That's the toilet block at the entrance to the original factory, where they built the first cars. That building looks like this inside;



110 years is some achievement.

They're funny things, Morgan. You drive one for 5 minutes and wonder if anything is connected to anything else as a cacophony of noise envelopes you and you rattle along at 30mph, which feels like about 150mph, then suddenly it all makes sense and you charge around like a Spitfire pilot looking to settle a score, grinning like you're on some form of Automotive acid. Fantastic machines and a nice way to flick the Vs at a world of modern motoring boredom.

Long live Morgan! smile

smithyithy

3,969 posts

52 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
I think it's fantastic, I've always had a soft spot for Morgans, definitely a car I'd like to own in some variation during my life.

110 years and their continued success really should be applauded, all things considered. Well done to them.

rare6499

210 posts

73 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
Macboy said:
Literally nobody cares. No comments throughout lunchtime is proof enough. "Morgan is 110 years old and added some options to standard cars to sell a few." Whatever your opinion of the company and products this is non-news at very best, as it is every time Mclaren or anyone does an option-list LE.
The rest of us don’t get a lunchtime mate as we are too busy with proper jobs! A motor manufacturer reaching 110 years old IS news and fantastic news at that. Superb that they are still going strong and long may it continue.

Shermanator

320 posts

9 months

Tuesday 9th October
quotequote all
A Morgan has always been a dream car of mine, sad I know but they have been, will own one at some point.

Pistonheads needs more Morgan articles.