The car then found its way to Switzerland where it had two registered keepers – the first was a Mr Kurt Mittner, the second a Mr Alec Wittmer who was a long term owner keeping the car from 1972 to 2000. While under his stewardship, the car went to Varese in Italy where, between 1979 and 1984, a full restoration was carried out by Officina Scapini & Brutto-Meso, a licensed Ferrari dealership.
In December 2000, the car was taken to the US by Belgian dealer M. Ooms of Overpelt and sold through RM Auctions to Autosport Designs who in turn sold it to its fourth private owner, Ms Eaton of Greenwich, Connecticut.
The current owner, only the fifth in the car’s lifetime, acquired the car in Boston Massachusetts from the Secretary of the East Coast USA AMOC and brought the car back to France in 2003. Sharing a garage with other classics, the car has enjoyed outings for pleasure and on classic rallies. Then in 2014, the owner commissioned Swiss Aston Martin specialist and Heritage dealer, Roos Engineering, to undertake a year long restoration to close to its original condition.
The interior remains as completely original, while the chassis and body were thoroughly refurbished and the engine rebuilt. Roos provided a comprehensive photographic record of the restoration together with a detailed invoice for the engine rebuild.
Prior to delivering the car to our storage facility, the owner elected to enjoy one last “fling” in his restored car and participated in a Classic Car Rally in the Dolomites. After the event, it was returned to Roos Engineering for a complete check over and, 1000km engine check. The details of that work has been provided together with the Roos invoice demonstrating the willingness of the owner to invest in the best right up to the point of sale.
DB4/818/L is a superlative example – with a clear and recorded ownership history, the car has been cherished by successive owners. Not least the current owner who has had the car lovingly restored to originality and to the very highest standards.
This left hand drive Series IV is rare, highly sought after and, most importantly, in original specification. Roos have ensured that the drive is superb and, even on country roads, there is barely a rattle. It is a car for the collector, the purist and someone who enjoys Superleggera as it was designed.
- LayoutFront Engined
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeSaloon
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 5
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
- 60,645 miles
- 16,050 miles
- Used Aston Martin in Banbury (7)
- Used Aston Martin in Chertsey (8)
- Used Aston Martin in Chichester (11)
- Used Aston Martin in Guildford (8)
- Used Aston Martin in Milton Keynes (8)
- Used Aston Martin in Olney (12)
- Used Aston Martin in Reading (14)
- Used Aston Martin in Sevenoaks (14)
- Used Aston Martin in Slough (16)
- Used Aston Martin in Tadworth (11)
- Used Aston Martin in Walton-on-Thames (20)
- Used cars in Bristol (2361)
- Used cars in Derby (1600)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (2310)
- Used cars in Glasgow (5587)
- Used cars in Leeds (2490)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1612)
- Used cars in Newcastle upon Tyne (1876)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1611)
- Used cars in Peterborough (1608)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1816)
- Used cars in York (1603)
- Used cars in East Midlands (12755)
- Used cars in East of England (15241)
- Used cars in London (5174)
- Used cars in North East (7371)
- Used cars in North West (18573)
- Used cars in Scotland (21735)
- Used cars in South East (22063)
- Used cars in South West (10668)
- Used cars in Wales (4673)
- Used cars in West Midlands (11021)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (17183)
No recent searches