Unique: Being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.
Revealed in 2007 at Aston Martin’s Design Studios opening party, the unique Vantage RS concept was shown by CEO Dr Ulrich Bez and resulted in a rush of customer interest and orders placed. Here was Aston Martin’s smallest car with their biggest and most powerful engine installed. Fitted with a DBRS9 detuned engine producing 585 bhp, dry sump lubrication, use of carbon fibre materials and a power to weight ratio of 375bhp per ton, details were scant on reveal. The Vantage RS was displayed by Aston Martin at the Geneva Motor show in 2008, the Goodwood Festival of Speed that year and featured on the cover of Top Gear and Evo magazines.
Tested at Circuit Paul Ricard in 2008, the Vantage RS was timed through the speed trap at 175 mph, eclipsing the speed of Aston Martin Racing’s GT2, GT3 and GT4 racing machinery, tested simultaneously. The 580 bhp and 690 Nm of torque available in the 1500 kg car, proved almost too fast to consider allowing the public to buy one!
The Vantage RS utilised the aluminium constructed VH chassis architecture pioneered by Dr Bez, in this instance fitted with an Aston Martin Racing C-Spec DBRS9 engine, utilising dry sump lubrication and highly specified components including tuned length exhaust manifolds, forged pistons and strengthened steel con-rods, with revised lift and duration camshafts and modified cylinder heads. This extraordinary power is transmitted through a manually operated 6-speed transaxle with limited slip differential. Bodied in aluminium and carbon fibre panels some being unique to the Vantage RS, the car was shown with carbon interior fixtures and fittings, Alcantara trim and exclusive lightweight materials still fitted. The total weight of under 1500 kg, being some 200 kg under the published weight of the production V12 Vantage, lighter still than the later Vantage GT12.
Later to become the V12 Vantage a distinctly diluted form of the RS Concept, the model went on to become one of Aston Martin’s most popular and revered cars, in production until 2018.
Road registered in the UK in 2014, this is one of the very few Aston Martin concept cars, to enter into private ownership and therefore represents a unique opportunity for international collectors to acquire a remarkable and original concept, of what was to become one of Aston Martins’ greatest cars of the modern era.
Road registered, in pristine condition and maintained by Aston Martin’s special vehicle operations, we are delighted to bring to market this unique original concept car. Complete with a spares package, history file with extensive documentation and photography, this very special and highly desirable car is available for now, at our Hertfordshire home.
View this vehicle on our website
Reference #9591616 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size5,900 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy0 mpg
- Body typeSaloon
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 1
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Road Tests & Reviews
- Used Aston Martin in Brentwood (22)
- Used Aston Martin in Cambridge (25)
- Used Aston Martin in Chelmsford (6)
- Used Aston Martin in Hatfield (35)
- Used Aston Martin in Hitchin (3)
- Used Aston Martin in Kings Langley (3)
- Used Aston Martin in Norwich (9)
- Used Aston Martin in Rickmansworth (4)
- Used Aston Martin in Southend-on-Sea (4)
- Used Aston Martin in St Albans (4)
- Used Aston Martin in Stansted (4)
- Used cars in Bristol (1339)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1591)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1583)
- Used cars in Derby (1323)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1195)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1254)
- Used cars in Leeds (2093)
- Used cars in Leicester (1334)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1401)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1694)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1085)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9965)
- Used cars in East of England (14806)
- Used cars in London (4811)
- Used cars in North East (4845)
- Used cars in North West (11586)
- Used cars in Scotland (6366)
- Used cars in South East (15874)
- Used cars in South West (7609)
- Used cars in Wales (5046)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8332)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12543)
No recent searches