The Elise chassis: A remarkable piece of engineering. Made by Hydro Aluminium from extruded aluminium glued and riveted together to form an immensely stiff and light weight platform on which to build an open top car. The bare chassis weighs about 70kg. When it came to market in 1997 it was revolutionary – and has become the basis of many modern sports cars since.
The Honda K20A: A masterpiece of engine design and arguably the best four cylinder engine ever built. The K20A from the Honda Civic Type R uses variable valve timing for both in intake and exhaust valves. The engine pushes out fantastic power, with a race-like redline of 8400 RPM.
The result, for me, is the perfect sports car. Brilliant, safe handling, and seriously rapid acceleration. It’ll bring a smile to your face whenever you drive it.
The issue with many Elise-Honda conversions is that many have been spoilt by DIY or budget installations mainly because the old Rover K-series had failed. So the result is an poorly maintained car with a dangerously fast power plant.
Not in this case: This is a one-owner, perfectly maintained car. Full, documented service history and MOTs. The total mileage is largely irrelevant. Everything has been renewed and it has just passed an MOT with no advisories. For the first eight years of its life, its fastidious lady owner used it as an everyday car. Then it had a total restoration and engine upgrade, and has covered only 4,000 miles since.
We have the original bill of sale from Bell and Colvill. It was supplied as a ‘Sport 140’ with the benefit of a removable steering wheel and carbon interior trim. We have the invoice from Blink Motorsport for the Honda engine conversion, with new brakes, bushes, ball joints, Nitron suspension, Yokohama Advan Neova tyres, carbon fibre air intakes, splitter and rear venturi etc. etc.
This car is one of the best Elises we have ever seen and is a perfect car for any collection, for use as a track day car or just to use on special occasions. In fact, whenever you drive it, is a special occasion.
The problem with modern, expensive sports cars is they are simply too fast and too valuable to use to the full. The Lotus Elise is possibly one of the last, great analogue cars. With the Honda engine conversion this is the best sports car for the money bar none.
We can convert to left-hand drive, using all original perts, if required. The end result is virtually indistinguishable from a factory LHD car. Please contact us for more information and costs.
Full, detailed pictures can be seen on the gallery section of our website.
Please call 01483 898888 or email us for more information. Needless to say, we are complying with all the government's recommended procedures regarding Coronavirus but please call us if you would like to discuss next steps.
Reference #9827752 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- LayoutMid Engined
- Size2,000 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy39.2 mpg
- Body typeConvertible
- Emissions168 (g/km)
- Vehicle height1,202 mm
- Vehicle width1,719 mm
Previous Owners 1
- Used Lotus in Abingdon (1)
- Used Lotus in Aylesbury (2)
- Used Lotus in Canterbury (32)
- Used Lotus in Gerrards Cross (19)
- Used Lotus in Guildford (2)
- Used Lotus in Henley-on-Thames (19)
- Used Lotus in Leatherhead (29)
- Used Lotus in Longfield (2)
- Used Lotus in Lymington (11)
- Used Lotus in Petersfield (2)
- Used Lotus in Southampton (10)
- Used cars in Bedford (1230)
- Used cars in Bury (1349)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1799)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1485)
- Used cars in Derby (1306)
- Used cars in Leeds (1595)
- Used cars in Leicester (1707)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1597)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1996)
- Used cars in Reading (1233)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1219)
- Used cars in East Midlands (11654)
- Used cars in East of England (15445)
- Used cars in London (5535)
- Used cars in North East (4476)
- Used cars in North West (14308)
- Used cars in Scotland (6492)
- Used cars in South East (17203)
- Used cars in South West (8434)
- Used cars in Wales (5093)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8459)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12389)
No recent searches