It has a full Lotus service history with the 2018 service pre-paid for.
Factory extra cost options include Air Con and ICE. A Detachable/Adjustable Reach Steering Wheel and Race Harnesses were also fitted at a cost of £1,000. Rear parking Sensors feature as standard equipment.
Applying the Lotus refined Club Racer principles to the already stunning Exige S results in the most inspiring version of an already class-leading sports car.
The Exige S is a model that already excels, thanks to its lightweight aluminium chassis-tub and aerodynamically enhanced composite bodywork. Its 3.5-litre supercharged V6 engine delivers exciting performance, benchmark handling and a pure driving experience combined with a 4.0 seconds 0-62mph (0-100km/h) acceleration time and a top speed of 274 km/h (170 mph).
Jean-Marc Gales, CEO of Group Lotus plc, expressed his enthusiasm for the new model:“Factoring the Club Racer ethos into the Exige enhances the track potential of this important model. It encompasses our legendary benchmark in handling, with lightweight and efficient construction and that we will always put a peerless and pure driving experience first.”
The new Exige S Club Racer occupies an important niche within the Exige range and arrives hot on the heels of the Elise 220 Cup and the forthcoming Evora 400, unveiled recently at the Geneva Motor Show.
Available only as a coupe model, the car possesses 42 kg of aerodynamic downforce at 100 mph (160 km/h), thanks to the front splitter, rear wing and flat underside, all contributing to its phenomenal performance and handling balance.
At 1161 kg, it is lighter by 15 kg compared to the Exige S, because of its new lightweight battery, lightweight centre console in body colour, lighter doors and lightweight sports seats in leather or Alcantara with colour coded stitching. Traction slip thresholds (‘Drive‘,‘Sport’ and ‘Race’ settings) allowing the driver enhanced vehicle control before intervention is required can be altered via a driver selectable switch which is now fitted as standard. Both ‘Sport’ and ‘Race’ settings increase throttle responsiveness.
The Exige S Club Racer is available in Metallic White, Exige Orange, Metallic Yellow and Matt Black (option). The front splitter, rear wing, front access panel, roof panel, wing mirrors and rear transom are in matt black. Club Racer decals inside on the dashboard and seats and outside above the side indicator identify this latest special addition to the Exige range.
All this additional equipment amounts to £4,500 worth of extra value, for only £2,400 more than the standard Exige S (£54,500).
The Lotus Exige S Club Racer is on sale now aT of £56,900.
Air Conditioning £1,250
CD/Radio and USB Connection and NVH Pack £1,200
Matt Black Paint £2,000
Lightweight Two-Piece Brakes £1,850
Each Lotus Exige S Club Racer will have the following as standard:
* Body coloured light weight centre console
* Leather, or Alcantara (no cost), lighter sports seat trim option
* Colour-coded stitching on seats and door cards
* Colour-coded seat hoops
* Sports steering wheel
* ‘Drive‘, ‘Sport’ and ‘Race’ settings for Traction slip thresholds
* Lightweight battery
* Matt Black distinguishing exterior trim pack
* A choice of four exterior colours - Exige Orange, Metallic White, Metallic Yellow, Matt Black (option)
* ‘Exige S CR’ decals externally and on dashboard stereo blanking-plate
The Press said
It won't take a genius to realise Lotus's intention with the Exige S Club Racer. There are quite a few people currently very disappointed that they won't be able to buy a Porsche Cayman GT4. Quite a few people who have allocated c.£60K for a mid-engined, six-cylinder manual track car. Oh, to have another option...
PH pitched the Exige as a GT4 alternative, Lotus actually receiving a lot of interest off the back of that story. But even as track focused cars go, there remains quite a big leap from the Cayman to the race-ready Exige. So now there's this, the Exige S Club Racer.
Like the Club Racer Elise just replaced by the 20 Anniversary the new Exige is a tad lighter (15kg) than standard with a few styling tweaks to mark it out as well. The weight saving comes from a lighter battery, lighter doors, new seats and a new centre console. So the Club Racer kerbweight is 1,161kg but with performance unchanged from the Exige S (four seconds to 62mph, 170mph top speed) and identical downforce (42kg at 100mph) as well.
Paint options for the Exige Club Racer are Metallic White, Exige Orange, Metallic Yellow and optional Matt Black. On all colours the front splitter, rear wing, roof and mirrors are black with Club Racer decals on the seat, dash and wings also marking it out.
Lotus claims the Club Racer extras are worth £4,500 while only adding £2,400 to the price of an Exige (note the Club Racer is only available as a coupe). That puts it at £56,900, just £1,500 more than a Cayman GTS and £7,500 less than a GT4. Orders are being taken from today - form an orderly queue!
The Club Racer costs £2,400 more than the standard Exige S, but Lotus claims it has £4500 worth of extra kit.
All of our sales cars undergo an Inspection before being placed on sale, a pre-delivery workshop check is also carried out before a car leaves us for its new owner and a HPI Clear Certificate is also provided too of course. Balance of Lotus Warranty remains.
Call the Showroom on 01384 442369, or Ian 07801 389439 for further Information or to arrange a viewing.
Finance packages available for Business users and Private purchasers that can be tailored to suit your Individual requirements.
Part Exchanges welcome too of course.
- LayoutMid Engined
- Size3,500 cc
- Power345 bhp
- Torque295 lbs/ft
- Top speed170 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 3.8 secs
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy28.0 mpg
- Body typeCoupe
- Emissions236 (g/km)
- Vehicle height1,129 mm
- Vehicle width1,802 mm
Previous Owners -
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
- 9,750 miles
- 345 bhp
- 33,000 miles
- 376 bhp
- Used Lotus in Birmingham (2)
- Used Lotus in Bromsgrove (16)
- Used Lotus in Burton-on-Trent (2)
- Used Lotus in Hereford (1)
- Used Lotus in Nuneaton (1)
- Used Lotus in Shrewsbury (1)
- Used Lotus in Southam (1)
- Used Lotus in Stafford (1)
- Used Lotus in Stourbridge (1)
- Used cars in Bristol (2363)
- Used cars in Derby (1607)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (2272)
- Used cars in Glasgow (5520)
- Used cars in Leeds (2542)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1615)
- Used cars in Newcastle upon Tyne (1849)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1626)
- Used cars in Peterborough (1610)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1816)
- Used cars in York (1604)
- Used cars in East Midlands (12727)
- Used cars in East of England (15226)
- Used cars in London (5193)
- Used cars in North East (7359)
- Used cars in North West (18541)
- Used cars in Scotland (21538)
- Used cars in South East (22084)
- Used cars in South West (10644)
- Used cars in Wales (4661)
- Used cars in West Midlands (10893)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (17208)
No recent searches