Superb 1990 UK Specification Porsche 964 Carrera 4 coupe finished in the lovely Marine Blue with navy blue interior.
The 964 generation Porsche 911 was launched with the Carrera 4 in 1989 and took over from the well-established 3.2 Carrera. Despite the classic appearance of the previous generation, the 964 model was substantially different beneath the skin and Porsche claimed that the 964 Carrera 4 was in fact 85% new. The Carrera 4 was the first all-wheel drive 911 though in standard driving conditions, the electronically controlled system sends only 31% of the drive torque to the front wheels giving the rear wheels the majority of 69%. The revised engine, code M64, features electronic fuel injection and has a displacement of 3.6 litres producing 250bhp.
The chassis and suspension features coil springs and shock absorbers which replaced the torsion bar set up of the previous 911, whilst Powers Steering and an ABS braking system were added as standard. The classic 911 bodywork was largely retained but features more integrated, smooth front and rear bumpers along with an electronically controlled rear spoiler which improves aerodynamics. Internally, the 964 remains largely classic 911 though improvements were made to the heating and ventilation system which is notoriously problematic and inefficient in the older generation.
This 1990 example has been owned by myself since 2017 and maintenance of two other 911's means I have to let it go sadly. The car thankfully retains its early 964 features such as the ‘flag’ type door mirrors, D90 forged alloy wheels and Amber front indicators. So often with these cars such items have been replaced over the years with either later style or non OEM items in a bid to ‘update’ the cars look, a practice which generally becomes less desirable as the cars move to ‘classic’ status.
Internally, this 964 is pure classic 911, trimmed in blue leather and featuring Porsche’s superb electrically adjustable deep bolstered sports seats which add so much more to the driving experience of these air cooled cars. The interior is again in excellent, clean condition throughout with no major damage or signs wear, just a light age related patina to show for its 29 years with electrical items, windows, mirrors and sunroof all working as they should.
The front compartment is also in excellent condition. The space-saver spare wheel has never been used and the original tool kit roll are present and correct. At the rear, the engine bay is clean and in excellent condition, and the engine following an extensive rebuild is in excellent condition and runs beautifully.
On the road the car drives really well. Its great fun. Steering, brakes and gearbox all feel tight and precise and sharp. The power delivery is smooth and progressive as you change up through the 5 speed gearbox to the sound of the fabulous flat six engine.
UK Specification (C16)
16’’ D90 Forged Alloy Wheels
Electrically Adjustable Sport Seats
Engine: Rear mounted 3.6 air-cooled flat six
Drivetrain: All Wheel Drive
Acceleration 0-62mph: 5.9 seconds
Top Speed (where legal): 161mph
I have a big folder of invoice history from main Porsche dealers including log book etc. Please call for further detail
- LayoutRear Engined
- Size3,600 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power250 bhp
- Torque100 lbs/ft
- Top speed161 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 5.9 secs
- Driven WheelsAll Wheel Drive - Permanent
- Economy0 mpg
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height1,320 mm
- Vehicle width1,652 mm
Previous Owners 6
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Private Seller
Private Seller, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Used Porsche in Banbury (24)
- Used Porsche in Billingshurst (30)
- Used Porsche in Burgess Hill (47)
- Used Porsche in Chichester (43)
- Used Porsche in Guildford (50)
- Used Porsche in High Wycombe (24)
- Used Porsche in Horsham (38)
- Used Porsche in Portsmouth (24)
- Used Porsche in Reading (56)
- Used Porsche in Slough (89)
- Used Porsche in Tonbridge (33)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1253)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1304)
- Used cars in Derby (1447)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1265)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1593)
- Used cars in Leeds (1762)
- Used cars in Leicester (1256)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1312)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1602)
- Used cars in Reading (1116)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1177)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8865)
- Used cars in East of England (9708)
- Used cars in London (3279)
- Used cars in North East (4987)
- Used cars in North West (10365)
- Used cars in Scotland (6747)
- Used cars in South East (13113)
- Used cars in South West (7906)
- Used cars in Wales (4668)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8738)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (11458)
No recent searches