Vantage N430

Author
Discussion

V12VMan

Original Poster:

285 posts

184 months

Monday 15th April
quotequote all
Hadn’t realised how much I would miss my Vantage when I chopped it in last August for a DBX and also got rid of my daily BMW driver! So decision made while it’s an incredibly capable car it had to go and found myself a low mileage 2016 Vantage N430 in ceramic grey with black club sport accents. This car being 1 of 20 produced in this colour or Black with grey club sport accents. A BMW daily was also procured along the way and now I am a very happy bunny again! Hope you like the obligatory images

Graze01

1,057 posts

93 months

Monday 15th April
quotequote all
Yep fabulous choice and great rational thought processes only other Aston owners can appreciate

Well done

Graze

bogie

16,426 posts

273 months

Monday 15th April
quotequote all
Very nice thumbup

Import

180 posts

31 months

Monday 15th April
quotequote all
Nice way back in…enjoy…

Calinours

1,145 posts

51 months

Monday 15th April
quotequote all
So many of us have a VH car and a rangie and are maybe thinking of chopping both for a DBX. Your experience is of interest to so many - please can you explain further ??

N430

Original Poster:

285 posts

184 months

Tuesday 16th April
quotequote all
Calinours said:
So many of us have a VH car and a rangie and are maybe thinking of chopping both for a DBX. Your experience is of interest to so many - please can you explain further ??
After 9 years of ownership of my previous Vantage I was coming to the view that maybe all I needed was one car but that car had to tick a lot of boxes as my second car was a BMW X3 M40i which I purchased to replace a string of previous Range Rover Sports! So, having wanted to stay with AM the only choice (in my mind) was to replace both with the DBX as it had all the performance but also the room, although how much room one needs when it’s just the two of you is debatable!

However, earlier this year I began to realise that I was rather missing having a Vantage in the garage especially for those cross country blasts, while the DBX was engaging to drive it wasn’t a sports car! This issue kept eating away at me so the only solution in my mind was to find a daily driver and find a Vantage to replace both!

I’m happy I bought the DBX as I’ve scratched that itch but even happier having the N430 and daily driver BMW which is quite a lot smaller but nonetheless effective as a day to day car which I can now easily find a parking space for while out and about!

Oh and yes I’ve already updated my username!

MatLock

16 posts

86 months

Tuesday 16th April
quotequote all
Nice post to reassure we aren't all mad old grumpy men lol.

I drive my 'free' company pimped up Ranger Wildtrack everyday as it's a 'do anything' bit of kit and looks pretty good - I often look at my V8S roadster on the drive and wonder why I have it.... but when we get a whole day, that one whole day of summer..... it makes it all worthwhile.
Previous toy was the M6 Convertible - stunning power, actually very cheap to drive and service, but the V8S makes it look like the ugly sister, and who wants to marry an ugly sister?

Buster73

5,078 posts

154 months

Tuesday 16th April
quotequote all
Congratulations, I’ve had the same Ceramic Grey version in manual since new .

So that’s 2 of the 20 spoken for then.

N430

Original Poster:

285 posts

184 months

Wednesday 17th April
quotequote all
Buster73 said:
Congratulations, I’ve had the same Ceramic Grey version in manual since new .

So that’s 2 of the 20 spoken for then.
I wonder how many of the 20 are in the UK?

alscar

4,276 posts

214 months

Wednesday 17th April
quotequote all
Congrats on the new car.
I had ceramic grey on my SP10 - fabulous colour.

Buster73

5,078 posts

154 months

Thursday 18th April
quotequote all
N430 said:
I wonder how many of the 20 are in the UK?
I only remember seeing another one on the road , one of our informal NE group bought the identical car as mine.

I think he sold it when he moved abroad.

The car suits the colour and it’s a better combination than the green and yellow version. Imho.

N430

Original Poster:

285 posts

184 months

Friday 19th April
quotequote all
Buster73 said:
N430 said:
I wonder how many of the 20 are in the UK?
I only remember seeing another one on the road , one of our informal NE group bought the identical car as mine.

I think he sold it when he moved abroad.

The car suits the colour and it’s a better combination than the green and yellow version. Imho.
I have a copy of AM document that this model was limited to 20 examples in the Ceramic Grey with Jet Black Graphics pack. The dealer where I bought mine from gave me a pack containing significant amount of history and perhaps my car was owned by your member of the informal NE Group as he lived in Spennymoor County Durham around 2019?

I agree the colour and wheel combo work really well.

Buster73

5,078 posts

154 months

Saturday 20th April
quotequote all
N430 said:
Buster73 said:
N430 said:
I wonder how many of the 20 are in the UK?
I only remember seeing another one on the road , one of our informal NE group bought the identical car as mine.

I think he sold it when he moved abroad.

The car suits the colour and it’s a better combination than the green and yellow version. Imho.
I have a copy of AM document that this model was limited to 20 examples in the Ceramic Grey with Jet Black Graphics pack. The dealer where I bought mine from gave me a pack containing significant amount of history and perhaps my car was owned by your member of the informal NE Group as he lived in Spennymoor County Durham around 2019?

I agree the colour and wheel combo work really well.
What a coincidence , he used to post on here but I’ve forgotten his log in name unfortunately.