The Official Corvette Picture thread.

The Official Corvette Picture thread.

Author
Discussion

wraggy

160 posts

208 months

Tuesday 6th April 2021
quotequote all
I’m in West Sussex, near Gatwick. How about you?
Using the Vette as much as I can. Only using my other car when I need more than 2 seats. Loving it now as I got the oil leak sorted which was causing some awful smells after use!
Would love a C7 especially in yellow like yours, but not quite able to push the button yet (or as it’s PH, I guess it should be pull the trigger.)

UTH

9,111 posts

181 months

Tuesday 6th April 2021
quotequote all
wraggy said:
I’m in West Sussex, near Gatwick. How about you?
Using the Vette as much as I can. Only using my other car when I need more than 2 seats. Loving it now as I got the oil leak sorted which was causing some awful smells after use!
Would love a C7 especially in yellow like yours, but not quite able to push the button yet (or as it’s PH, I guess it should be pull the trigger.)
I'm now in Surbiton, Surrey, so not too far! Do you head to any Corvette club meets etc? I did sign up last year but not been to one. Might try and change that this year.

wraggy

160 posts

208 months

Tuesday 6th April 2021
quotequote all

I'm now in Surbiton, Surrey, so not too far! Do you head to any Corvette club meets etc? I did sign up last year but not been to one. Might try and change that this year.
[/quote]


I haven’t been to any meets so far. I’ve had the car 3 years and did want to meet up with likeminded owners, but every meet I looked at I was working. That’s a bit different now, as I’m hardly working, so if any meets come up I’ll probably be available.
Just been on auto trader to look at C7’s and there’s a lovely yellow one for sale, but it’s out of my reach for the time being...

wraggy

160 posts

208 months

Wednesday 14th April 2021
quotequote all


A Vette in the snow....you have to look closely but it is snowing!
The snow didn’t settle so traction wasn’t too bad, just cold tyres and road.

Suterman2

39 posts

151 months

Sunday 18th April 2021
quotequote all
UTH said:
First wash of 2021, so nice to back out and about. Shame it's turned back to bloody winter already





That C7 is gorgeous

I had my C5 delivered the other day, absolutely buzzing



Suterman2

39 posts

151 months

Sunday 18th April 2021
quotequote all

UTH

9,111 posts

181 months

Saturday 5th June 2021
quotequote all
Mate’s iPhone pro at Goodwood yesterday makes the car look awesome


OneSpeedyBoi96

9 posts

26 months

Tuesday 31st May 2022
quotequote all
Yank here, Figured you guys would like this C1 one i saw sometime last year!






MrNoisy

530 posts

144 months

Tuesday 7th June 2022
quotequote all
Finally got the exhaust quiet enough to do some other tracks. I rather like this one from Bedford last week.



UTH

9,111 posts

181 months

Tuesday 7th June 2022
quotequote all
MrNoisy said:
Finally got the exhaust quiet enough to do some other tracks. I rather like this one from Bedford last week.

How did you quieten things down? My Z06 is too loud for everything pretty much.

MrNoisy

530 posts

144 months

Tuesday 7th June 2022
quotequote all
UTH said:
How did you quieten things down? My Z06 is too loud for everything pretty much.
Drunken ebay purchase of a pair of Z06 bi-mode mufflers that had been cut off just short of the boxes - this was the cheap bit.

A couple of visits to a very good fabricator who has done a great job of sorting out all the fitting niggles and 'fabbing' of interconnecting pipes to mate it all up nicely to the Kooks LT headers.

A vac pump/solenoid system (my creation) that allows you to select the valves either open or closed. This means I can force it quiet for start ups and noise tests as required. biggrin I love it tbh.

Prior to work it had a full magnaflow SS system mated to the headers and had blown all the wadding out measuring a consistently loud 105db. It also vibrated through the house and neighbours when starting up.

On Friday at Bedford it measured 85db valves closed and 95 db valves open. Listening to the stereo on the drive to the track was sublime!!!



UTH

9,111 posts

181 months

Tuesday 7th June 2022
quotequote all
MrNoisy said:
Drunken ebay purchase of a pair of Z06 bi-mode mufflers that had been cut off just short of the boxes - this was the cheap bit.

A couple of visits to a very good fabricator who has done a great job of sorting out all the fitting niggles and 'fabbing' of interconnecting pipes to mate it all up nicely to the Kooks LT headers.

A vac pump/solenoid system (my creation) that allows you to select the valves either open or closed. This means I can force it quiet for start ups and noise tests as required. biggrin I love it tbh.

Prior to work it had a full magnaflow SS system mated to the headers and had blown all the wadding out measuring a consistently loud 105db. It also vibrated through the house and neighbours when starting up.

On Friday at Bedford it measured 85db valves closed and 95 db valves open. Listening to the stereo on the drive to the track was sublime!!!
Interesting…..
My C7 has stealth mode to close valves for a quiet start and static noise test…..but the valves open over 4k RPM then all hell breaks loose and I trigger every drive by limit going!
Sounds like I could find a solution, doesn’t sound simple or cheap though?

MrNoisy

530 posts

144 months

Wednesday 8th June 2022
quotequote all
UTH said:
Interesting…..
My C7 has stealth mode to close valves for a quiet start and static noise test…..but the valves open over 4k RPM then all hell breaks loose and I trigger every drive by limit going!
Sounds like I could find a solution, doesn’t sound simple or cheap though?
I think we have crossed paths in the trackday noise thread before. I remember posting my anecdote about doing a trackday at Spring Mountain in Nevada. I was at WOT approaching redline in 3rd, with a helmet on. Despite the noise I could still hear the C7 Z06 a hundred metres away getting on it. Short of racing cars i've never heard anything as loud on track.

You'd think if there was a solution somebody in the US would have worked it out? I suppose you could always get some bespoke silencers made up to fit? Not cheap and you'd lose the bi-mode but it must be able to run quieter? Depends how much you want to track it? I'd love to see it out and about on track biggrin

UTH

9,111 posts

181 months

Wednesday 8th June 2022
quotequote all
MrNoisy said:
UTH said:
Interesting…..
My C7 has stealth mode to close valves for a quiet start and static noise test…..but the valves open over 4k RPM then all hell breaks loose and I trigger every drive by limit going!
Sounds like I could find a solution, doesn’t sound simple or cheap though?
I think we have crossed paths in the trackday noise thread before. I remember posting my anecdote about doing a trackday at Spring Mountain in Nevada. I was at WOT approaching redline in 3rd, with a helmet on. Despite the noise I could still hear the C7 Z06 a hundred metres away getting on it. Short of racing cars i've never heard anything as loud on track.

You'd think if there was a solution somebody in the US would have worked it out? I suppose you could always get some bespoke silencers made up to fit? Not cheap and you'd lose the bi-mode but it must be able to run quieter? Depends how much you want to track it? I'd love to see it out and about on track biggrin
I do manage to get it out on track at Goodwood, but there are two points where I have to short shift to avoid the black flag, which takes the fun out of it as those are the points you really want to floor it

I've asked on the US forums, problem is that nearly all of their tracks don't have the same noise issues so nobody has needed to find a solution.

Boyzee427

28 posts

82 months

Thursday 21st July 2022
quotequote all

My C6 ZR1.

PomBstard

6,915 posts

245 months

Thursday 3rd November 2022
quotequote all
Thought you might like these snaps in here - took this for a test drive this week, was quite fun…







Should’ve got one of the interior as it was tan/black rather than all black and looked kinda good too

UTH

9,111 posts

181 months

Friday 4th November 2022
quotequote all
I must admit the C8 looks are growing on me.

Zarco

18,148 posts

212 months

Friday 4th November 2022
quotequote all
MrNoisy said:
Finally got the exhaust quiet enough to do some other tracks. I rather like this one from Bedford last week.

thumbup

How have I missed this thread?!

More C6 Z06 please.

scs1

338 posts

186 months

Tuesday 8th November 2022
quotequote all
Great images of my C7 and others ,by Sam Chick for a recent feature on all generations of Corvettes in Car Magazine.

scs1

338 posts

186 months

Tuesday 8th November 2022
quotequote all