Forza Horizon 4 !

Forza Horizon 4 !

Author
Discussion

Speed1283

927 posts

62 months

Wednesday 9th June
quotequote all
vonuber said:
Season 4
Round 7 of 16
Lakehurst Forest Sprint (Race), 1981 Ford Fiesta XR2 or 1980 Fiat 124 Sport Spider, B667 (M/C), B670 (M), B675 (A), Any mods apart from no AWD conversions, Any Assists.

As of 21:55:



Top ten above blue line, 11th to choose next week as shown.
Yeah I saw Cutters' time which was 3 seconds faster than what I could extract out of the Fiat... So I tried the fiesta...

ajprice

20,913 posts

163 months

Wednesday 9th June
quotequote all
I've just been on and upped mine to 3:51.815, but I'm getting the unable to join session error so I may have the case of the old speed12itis. It hasn't happened for a while. I can see the board and I've got PSTN by my name, so I might still be visible. Not sure hehe .

I did get the Mazda for 50% though.

Edited by ajprice on Wednesday 9th June 23:27

vonuber

15,792 posts

132 months

Thursday 10th June
quotequote all
Speed1283 said:
Yeah I saw Cutters' time which was 3 seconds faster than what I could extract out of the Fiat... So I tried the fiesta...
Well I've been busy doing this, so..


Speed1283

927 posts

62 months

Thursday 10th June
quotequote all
vonuber said:
Speed1283 said:
Yeah I saw Cutters' time which was 3 seconds faster than what I could extract out of the Fiat... So I tried the fiesta...
Well I've been busy doing this, so..

yes

It's probably the next game that I'll get, I'm pretty much a one game kind of player, I've been trying to work through single player on horizon and, as I got gold a few months ago I've been doing more seasonal challenges too with a little bit of Halo co-op too.

But yes, I've been ordered by my friend to get Mass effect

Drabbesttunic

541 posts

7 months

Thursday 10th June
quotequote all
Speed1283 said:
vonuber said:
Speed1283 said:
Yeah I saw Cutters' time which was 3 seconds faster than what I could extract out of the Fiat... So I tried the fiesta...
Well I've been busy doing this, so..

yes

It's probably the next game that I'll get, I'm pretty much a one game kind of player, I've been trying to work through single player on horizon and, as I got gold a few months ago I've been doing more seasonal challenges too with a little bit of Halo co-op too.

But yes, I've been ordered by my friend to get Mass effect
I've not been too interested in the main game of fh4, the seasonal stuff is same old same old so I've got a bit bored, ill only do the weekly challenges now which are fun but I've not tried this weeks as of yet.

I'm ready for fh5, thats for sure as I've got fortune Island (tracks on there would be great for pstn challenges).

I've not really tried any other games for a long time, I like stuff that's not too time consuming that I can jump on and off at will.

vonuber

15,792 posts

132 months

Thursday 10th June
quotequote all
Speed1283 said:
But yes, I've been ordered by my friend to get Mass effect
Your friend has some sense then! You can't really go wrong with that series.

Mafffew

2,140 posts

78 months

Thursday 10th June
quotequote all
Drabbesttunic said:
I've not been too interested in the main game of fh4, the seasonal stuff is same old same old so I've got a bit bored, ill only do the weekly challenges now which are fun but I've not tried this weeks as of yet.

I'm ready for fh5, thats for sure as I've got fortune Island (tracks on there would be great for pstn challenges).

I've not really tried any other games for a long time, I like stuff that's not too time consuming that I can jump on and off at will.
Might see something on FH5 on Sunday, which is the Xbox/Bethesda E3 presentation...If the rumours are to be believed anyway.

ajprice

20,913 posts

163 months

Thursday 10th June
quotequote all
Mafffew said:
Might see something on FH5 on Sunday, which is the Xbox/Bethesda E3 presentation...If the rumours are to be believed anyway.
Would they release Motorsport and Horizon together or close to each other? They've been alternate years up to now until the Covid / Series S/X changed stuff around.

Mafffew

2,140 posts

78 months

Thursday 10th June
quotequote all
ajprice said:
Mafffew said:
Might see something on FH5 on Sunday, which is the Xbox/Bethesda E3 presentation...If the rumours are to be believed anyway.
Would they release Motorsport and Horizon together or close to each other? They've been alternate years up to now until the Covid / Series S/X changed stuff around.
I'm not convinced, it is just rumours after all.

I think the Motorsport series is having an overhaul and so the development time will be significantly longer than usual. We're already way past the normal release window for the Motorsport series, so I don't think it would be a huge surprise to see Horizon 5 before Motorsport.

Plus a couple Hot Wheels/Horizon collaborations were leaked a few weeks ago - https://old.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/ni9g1y/for...

Drabbesttunic

541 posts

7 months

Thursday 10th June
quotequote all
Mafffew said:
Might see something on FH5 on Sunday, which is the Xbox/Bethesda E3 presentation...If the rumours are to be believed anyway.
Fingers crossed!

Drabbesttunic

541 posts

7 months

Thursday 10th June
quotequote all
I'm just not good enough laugh struggling in this one (although I've only done 5 runs).
I might have a breather with this one and leave it at that.

Kitch8

552 posts

150 months

Friday 11th June
quotequote all
Enjoying this week, however I think I may have ruined it this morning... laugh

Was messing about with power builds, and realised I could build a FWD fiesta with 668 hp (and 926 N-m) within the 667 PI limit.... Tried it out and I've managed to go (temporarily) top of the leader board with a 3:40.7. The car is absolutely ridiculous and is undriveable without traction control.

I've uploaded the setup if anyone wants a go, titled "Pstn Stupid Car"

Edited by Kitch8 on Friday 11th June 11:40

Speed1283

927 posts

62 months

Friday 11th June
quotequote all
Kitch8 said:
Enjoying this week, however I think I may have ruined it this morning... laugh

Was messing about with power builds, and realised I could build a FWD fiesta with 668 hp (and 926 N-m) within the 667 PI limit.... Tried it out and I've managed to go (temporarily) top of the leader board with a 3:40.7. The car is absolutely ridiculous and is undriveable without traction control.

I've uploaded the setup if anyone wants a go, titled "Pstn Stupid Car"

Edited by Kitch8 on Friday 11th June 11:40
Nice one!

I did try a tune on stock tyres but without traction control it wasn't really drivable. If people are down at the 3:40s!!! Then I guess I'll not be in the points this week given that I won't be on.

I do like the track I have to say.

ajprice

20,913 posts

163 months

Friday 11th June
quotequote all
I'm still trying to get sub 3:50 hehe

Kitch8

552 posts

150 months

Friday 11th June
quotequote all
Speed1283 said:
Nice one!

I did try a tune on stock tyres but without traction control it wasn't really drivable. If people are down at the 3:40s!!! Then I guess I'll not be in the points this week given that I won't be on.

I do like the track I have to say.
Thanks, but I feel like a fraud as its only driveable with traction control on! Not a chance I could get it round cleanly (let alone quickly) with it off.

Definitely enjoy the track though!

Speed1283

927 posts

62 months

Friday 11th June
quotequote all
Kitch8 said:
Speed1283 said:
Nice one!

I did try a tune on stock tyres but without traction control it wasn't really drivable. If people are down at the 3:40s!!! Then I guess I'll not be in the points this week given that I won't be on.

I do like the track I have to say.
Thanks, but I feel like a fraud as its only driveable with traction control on! Not a chance I could get it round cleanly (let alone quickly) with it off.

Definitely enjoy the track though!
Nah, it's within the 'rules' so it's personal preference as the end of day. Still not easy to drive I'm guessing, especially under braking so plenty of effort required.

Drabbesttunic

541 posts

7 months

Friday 11th June
quotequote all
Speed1283 said:
Kitch8 said:
Enjoying this week, however I think I may have ruined it this morning... laugh

Was messing about with power builds, and realised I could build a FWD fiesta with 668 hp (and 926 N-m) within the 667 PI limit.... Tried it out and I've managed to go (temporarily) top of the leader board with a 3:40.7. The car is absolutely ridiculous and is undriveable without traction control.

I've uploaded the setup if anyone wants a go, titled "Pstn Stupid Car"

Edited by Kitch8 on Friday 11th June 11:40
Nice one!

I did try a tune on stock tyres but without traction control it wasn't really drivable. If people are down at the 3:40s!!! Then I guess I'll not be in the points this week given that I won't be on.

I do like the track I have to say.
Oh, I'm nowhere near laugh

Kitch8

552 posts

150 months

Friday 11th June
quotequote all
Well I knew that wouldn't last laugh. Wow cutters, faster than me on the straight and no traction control! Awesome work

Cutters

379 posts

133 months

Friday 11th June
quotequote all
Kitch8 said:
Well I knew that wouldn't last laugh. Wow cutters, faster than me on the straight and no traction control! Awesome work
Ha, cheers mate. Inspired by your post earlier about the rally engine, hadn’t even tried it before today. It’s bloody awful, spins up the whole way round smokin

Edited by Cutters on Friday 11th June 20:30

thebigmacmoomin

2,650 posts

136 months

Friday 11th June
quotequote all
ajprice said:
Would they release Motorsport and Horizon together or close to each other? They've been alternate years up to now until the Covid / Series S/X changed stuff around.
I recon that FH5 (Mexico) this year & FM8 next year with a new engine. The 8 is likely to be dropped so it will just be FH.

FH5 being Steam, XBox One, One X, Series S & Series X, which will limit the map size as FH4 is the limit for the old console. FH6 may be Japan with a bigger map as it wont have to be on old tech. Have been watching plenty of YouTubers FH4 content (AR12, FailRace, Skippy, DUBS).