PlayStation 5 Thread

PlayStation 5 Thread

Author
Discussion

HorneyMX5

Original Poster:

4,903 posts

117 months

Saturday 2nd January
quotequote all
Just because there’s a generic Xbox Series X one, but not a PS5 one.

Loving mine so far, really enjoyed Astros Playroom as an intro to the DualSense controller.

paul99

726 posts

210 months

Sunday 3rd January
quotequote all
I've only played ps4 games on it so far, currently playing through Days Gone. None of the PS5 launch titles appealled, especially at £60!



Kneedragger95

165 posts

42 months

Sunday 3rd January
quotequote all
Very happy with mine, my Dualsense Controller did break after only a week's use, Sony replaced it within a week though so could have been worse.

Spiderman Remastered and Miles Morales looks fantastic in any mode, for me though Performance RT mode is the best.
Astros Playroom is also great fun, it does a really good job of showing what the Dualsense is capable of.

Im currently playing God of War through the PS Plus collection, and will play other titles such as Last of Us and Fallout 4 until Horizon Forbidden West or GT 7 comes out.

ReallyReallyGood

1,433 posts

97 months

Sunday 3rd January
quotequote all
paul99 said:
I've only played ps4 games on it so far, currently playing through Days Gone. None of the PS5 launch titles appealled, especially at £60!
Any discernible difference playing them on a ps5?

CustardOnChips

1,654 posts

29 months

Sunday 3rd January
quotequote all
ReallyReallyGood said:
paul99 said:
I've only played ps4 games on it so far, currently playing through Days Gone. None of the PS5 launch titles appealled, especially at £60!
Any discernible difference playing them on a ps5?
It's a lot quieter!

HorneyMX5

Original Poster:

4,903 posts

117 months

Sunday 3rd January
quotequote all
They load a bit more quickly as well.

craste

1,190 posts

174 months

Sunday 3rd January
quotequote all
CustardOnChips said:
ReallyReallyGood said:
paul99 said:
I've only played ps4 games on it so far, currently playing through Days Gone. None of the PS5 launch titles appealled, especially at £60!
Any discernible difference playing them on a ps5?
It's a lot quieter!
I have been playing Days Gone on my PS5 after it was mentioned a lot in the "what's your best game of 2020" thread.

Also with regards to noisy ps4's I purchased the special ps4 screwdriver set off Amazon and a tin of compressed air from Asda. Took the cover off and gave the fan a good blast with the compressed air and also the heatsink you can see the fan sucks the heat from, the amount off dust which came out was unreal.

Before I did this my son had to wear his headphones as otherwise the roar from the fan drowned the game out - honestly it was so loud, you thought a jet was taking off!

But after I cleaned it out, its like its brand new - virtually silent - I recommend anybody who still has a PS4 to try it!


Jasandjules

66,414 posts

196 months

Sunday 3rd January
quotequote all
ReallyReallyGood said:
paul99 said:
I've only played ps4 games on it so far, currently playing through Days Gone. None of the PS5 launch titles appealled, especially at £60!
Any discernible difference playing them on a ps5?
I am playing Fallout 4. Loading when fast travel is about 6-8 Seconds on the PS5. 25-35 seconds on the PS4.......... I think it is also able to cope with the graphics a little better too, no slowing of frame etc.

hucumber

1,731 posts

64 months

Sunday 3rd January
quotequote all
craste said:
I have been playing Days Gone on my PS5 after it was mentioned a lot in the "what's your best game of 2020" thread.

Also with regards to noisy ps4's I purchased the special ps4 screwdriver set off Amazon and a tin of compressed air from Asda. Took the cover off and gave the fan a good blast with the compressed air and also the heatsink you can see the fan sucks the heat from, the amount off dust which came out was unreal.

Before I did this my son had to wear his headphones as otherwise the roar from the fan drowned the game out - honestly it was so loud, you thought a jet was taking off!

But after I cleaned it out, its like its brand new - virtually silent - I recommend anybody who still has a PS4 to try it!
Nice one I will try that! Mines ridiculous, you have to turn the tv up so loud to hear the game properly it kind of ruins the experience.
I was going to upgrade to a PS5 but I think I'm going to wait until theres more games that I want

MWM3

1,595 posts

89 months

Sunday 3rd January
quotequote all
paul99 said:
I've only played ps4 games on it so far, currently playing through Days Gone. None of the PS5 launch titles appealled, especially at £60!
Days Gone was my first game on my PS5. The graphics and frame rate are like a ps5 game.



hyphen

21,126 posts

57 months

Sunday 3rd January
quotequote all
Terrible title for a potentially long running thread.

Can't you think of something witty and/or clever?


hehe

HorneyMX5

Original Poster:

4,903 posts

117 months

Sunday 3rd January
quotequote all
I should have done shouldn’t I, couldn’t think of one though.

T5SOR

1,888 posts

192 months

Sunday 3rd January
quotequote all
I’m waiting for a black one!

HorneyMX5

Original Poster:

4,903 posts

117 months

Sunday 3rd January
quotequote all


I like the white, took this photo earlier. It’s quite a grey white though.

Mutts

223 posts

125 months

Monday 4th January
quotequote all
craste said:
I have been playing Days Gone on my PS5 after it was mentioned a lot in the "what's your best game of 2020" thread.

Also with regards to noisy ps4's I purchased the special ps4 screwdriver set off Amazon and a tin of compressed air from Asda. Took the cover off and gave the fan a good blast with the compressed air and also the heatsink you can see the fan sucks the heat from, the amount off dust which came out was unreal.

Before I did this my son had to wear his headphones as otherwise the roar from the fan drowned the game out - honestly it was so loud, you thought a jet was taking off!

But after I cleaned it out, its like its brand new - virtually silent - I recommend anybody who still has a PS4 to try it!
I shall give that a go, mine has gotten rather noisier over the past years.
Maybe able to finish off Batman Arkham Knight if its quiter,

Flat6er

1,656 posts

177 months

Tuesday 5th January
quotequote all
Aparrently stock will be replenishing this week. Curry's. Amazon. Game and John Lewis to announce new stock on Thursday 7th and tues 12th.

Steven_RW

1,348 posts

169 months

Tuesday 5th January
quotequote all
Flat6er said:
Aparrently stock will be replenishing this week. Curry's. Amazon. Game and John Lewis to announce new stock on Thursday 7th and tues 12th.
Thanks for the info.

Flat6er

1,656 posts

177 months

Tuesday 5th January
quotequote all
Think it might be a 3am alarm to scour the sites. As this is when the days stock is loaded.

bigandclever

11,450 posts

205 months

Tuesday 5th January
quotequote all
hyphen said:
Terrible title for a potentially long running thread.

Can't you think of something witty and/or clever?


hehe
He'll have the opportunity when he asks to have the word Thread spelled correctly smile

HorneyMX5

Original Poster:

4,903 posts

117 months

Tuesday 5th January
quotequote all
Doh!