Fitting tyres

Fitting tyres

Author
Discussion

philallan

Original Poster:

53 posts

104 months

Wednesday 18th December 2019
quotequote all
Any recommendations for fitting tyres?

Buying some winter tyres online, need summer tyres removing and these installed /balanced

p4cks

4,783 posts

158 months

Wednesday 18th December 2019
quotequote all
I don't mean to be rude but isn't every tyre fitting place more or less the same? Or is this for a certain wheel size?


stargazer30

1,316 posts

125 months

Wednesday 18th December 2019
quotequote all
Depends on where the north east. Sunderland has a place called peacocks and all they do is fit tyres all day every day. Used them for years and can’t fault them.

philallan

Original Poster:

53 posts

104 months

Wednesday 18th December 2019
quotequote all
p4cks said:
I don't mean to be rude but isn't every tyre fitting place more or less the same? Or is this for a certain wheel size?
Some garages are rough and damage wheels, others won't fit if you didnt buy tyres from them.

philallan

Original Poster:

53 posts

104 months

Wednesday 18th December 2019
quotequote all
stargazer30 said:
Depends on where the north east. Sunderland has a place called peacocks and all they do is fit tyres all day every day. Used them for years and can’t fault them.
Thanks, Cramlington so not far away really

p4cks

4,783 posts

158 months

Wednesday 18th December 2019
quotequote all
philallan said:
p4cks said:
I don't mean to be rude but isn't every tyre fitting place more or less the same? Or is this for a certain wheel size?
Some garages are rough and damage wheels, others won't fit if you didnt buy tyres from them.
Ah I getcha. I got some tyres fitted from a place in Sunderland relatively recently actually, and all they did was fit tyres so it might well have been the place someone else has mentioned.

markstev0

66 posts

44 months

Wednesday 18th December 2019
quotequote all
I’ve followed this https://www.mobile-tyres2u.co.uk/ bloke on twitter for a few years, reviews seem decent, I’ve never used him and I don’t know anyone that has so I have no 1st hand experience.

Mobile as well so can come to you.

Just an option, hope it helps

Mark

DaveH23

2,747 posts

129 months

Tuesday 24th December 2019
quotequote all
philallan said:
Thanks, Cramlington so not far away really
Paul at Six Star is based between cramlington and Seaton Burn. He is mobile so will come to you at home/work.

Have used him a few times and can't highly recommend him.

https://www.sixstartyres.co.uk


Davo456gt

668 posts

108 months

Sunday 29th December 2019
quotequote all
anonymous said:
[redacted]
another recommendation for Peter - honest bloke, who comes direct to your door - easiest way of getting mine fitted on the Alfa.

T S Magnum

485 posts

161 months

Wednesday 26th February
quotequote all
DaveH23 said:
Paul at Six Star is based between cramlington and Seaton Burn. He is mobile so will come to you at home/work.

Have used him a few times and can't highly recommend him.

https://www.sixstartyres.co.uk
Can't recommend him? wobble

The Surveyor

7,292 posts

196 months

Monday 23rd March
quotequote all
markstev0 said:
I’ve followed this https://www.mobile-tyres2u.co.uk/ bloke on twitter for a few years, reviews seem decent, I’ve never used him and I don’t know anyone that has so I have no 1st hand experience.

Mobile as well so can come to you.

Just an option, hope it helps

Mark
Just to keep this thread updated, Peter fitted a full set of tyres on my 570s on Saturday morning. Nice guy and was really careful with the racking, wheels and brakes, lined up the tyres nicely with the valves and even let me give the wheels and suspension a decent clean whilst the wheels were off. Overall, really pleased with his work.

He's still working through the COVID virus and personally if I needed tyres, I'd rather let him fit them on the drive than sit in a tyre-fitters waiting room at the moment

CorrosionInhibitor

355 posts

56 months

Tuesday 24th March
quotequote all
The Surveyor said:
Just to keep this thread updated, Peter fitted a full set of tyres on my 570s on Saturday morning. Nice guy and was really careful with the racking, wheels and brakes, lined up the tyres nicely with the valves and even let me give the wheels and suspension a decent clean whilst the wheels were off. Overall, really pleased with his work.

He's still working through the COVID virus and personally if I needed tyres, I'd rather let him fit them on the drive than sit in a tyre-fitters waiting room at the moment
Peters been doing my tyres for years, proper bloke and does an A1 job so expect nothing less from him.
Plus he’s always there when you, your family or friends need him.


disad-vantage-d

790 posts

179 months

Wednesday 30th September
quotequote all
p4cks said:
I don't mean to be rude but isn't every tyre fitting place more or less the same? Or is this for a certain wheel size?
No. Some do this to your wheels. furious

|https://thumbsnap.com/ffBbLp4k[/url][url]

|https://thumbsnap.com/F8Hc9zpA[/url][url]

|https://thumbsnap.com/DAyebXR9[/url]

Thankfully after some hassle I received some new replacement wheels.
Following recommendations on this page, my new wheels were fitted with expertise and care by Peter www.mobile-tyres2u.co.ukthumbup
So absolutely not all tyre fitters are the same! wink

sawman

4,236 posts

189 months

Wednesday 30th September
quotequote all
I have had several sets of tyres delivered to and fitted by Tyrespot on Sandy lane, no problems to date - the only issue is that you cant prebook a time, but if you book a morning slot and then turn up early doors its not too much of a hardship - jI usually wander down to greggs and/or have a snout around the tyneside autoparc whilst the car is on the ramps

Dan_H

646 posts

203 months

Wednesday 30th September
quotequote all
Another vote for Peter at http://www.mobile-tyres2u.co.uk/ Been doing my tyres for years now, very helpful, very careful and always good prices and being mobile is great.