Car specialists

Car specialists

Author
Discussion

mercmadman

7 posts

162 months

Friday 25th January 2008
quotequote all
BM Motors are first class

jimmystratos

1,597 posts

199 months

Monday 25th February 2008
quotequote all
Eddie Karsten of Border Auto Valet in Earlston did a brill paint job on my glassfibre bodywork.

e21jason

713 posts

186 months

Tuesday 4th March 2008
quotequote all
Hi

Edinburgh retro cars
1 Restalrig Road South,
Edinburgh,
EH7 6LD,
United Kingdom
0131 661 2407

Proper mechanics who can turn there hand to any thing good ifyou have an old/classic motor or soemthing odd ball

Gordon848191

186 posts

182 months

Monday 17th March 2008
quotequote all
Scottish Lotus Specialists (also do pretty much all cars - VX200, Porsche, Subaru, Evo etc)

Ali the guy who runs it looked after my car for the last couple of LOTRDC races and was a Lotus mechanic for 11 years. located just outside Edinburgh.

He's now looking after my Atom 3 and in contact with Ariel for its servicing.

Ali - 07961445483

www.scottishlotusspecialists.co.uk

Andy

ASBO

26,006 posts

181 months

Saturday 22nd March 2008
quotequote all
JD Motor Engineers of Insch.

All functions performed from servicing and repairs to full race prep. Both John and Dave really know their stuff. I've just had my M3 set up on coilovers and it's been totally transformed.

They know their way around most cars.

Give them a call on 01464 821151.

ModenaMagic

25 posts

161 months

Monday 31st March 2008
quotequote all
MP Supercars provide a superb service and the two guys who run it are excellent to deal with. They are based in Cockenzie and not Mussleburgh that I saw in an earlier post, opposite Cockenzie Power Station.

Edgefield Coachbuilders, Loanhead, Edinburgh. They love to get their hands on decent cars as they do a fantastic job. Andy, the owner will not let the car out the shop until he is totally satisfied with the work.

Edited by ModenaMagic on Monday 31st March 23:23

puckrup

424 posts

167 months

Friday 25th April 2008
quotequote all
Not in Scotland but definitely worth the trip for any TVR Sales, Servicing, Upgrades or general advice. Hexham Horseless Carriages in Hexham nr Newcastle. Tony Abrams has been in the business for years and knows TVR's inside out.

absolutely

3,168 posts

159 months

Sunday 27th April 2008
quotequote all
toyo-shredder said:
I hear that Classic Restorations in Alyth, Perthshire are consummate professionals tho.
I would never recommend Classic Restorations to anyone, I know too many stories of people we know having bad work done by them, including us.

ASBO

26,006 posts

181 months

Wednesday 30th April 2008
quotequote all
absolutely said:
toyo-shredder said:
I hear that Classic Restorations in Alyth, Perthshire are consummate professionals tho.
I would never recommend Classic Restorations to anyone, I know too many stories of people we know having bad work done by them, including us.
Please keep your opinions to yourself unless they are good. As per the rules of this thread, accusaions of shoddy work will be deleted with the liklihood that the thread will disapear with them.


absolutely

3,168 posts

159 months

Wednesday 30th April 2008
quotequote all
ASBO said:
absolutely said:
toyo-shredder said:
I hear that Classic Restorations in Alyth, Perthshire are consummate professionals tho.
I would never recommend Classic Restorations to anyone, I know too many stories of people we know having bad work done by them, including us.
Please keep your opinions to yourself unless they are good. As per the rules of this thread, accusaions of shoddy work will be deleted with the liklihood that the thread will disapear with them.
I'd rather not hear about another sob story of Classic Restorations fleecing yet another person!
Or will the moderators of the forum recoup the loses of the people? £5k to us, thank you very much! Cash will do!

I won't be brow beaten into someone recommending a company that we've dealt with and we know of others who have been fleeced by them.

Alicatt1

803 posts

162 months

Monday 26th May 2008
quotequote all
brakedust300 said:
Stang said:
Not so many from me...


TVR Dreadnought (Servicing)
Callander
http://www.dreadnoughtgarage.co.uk/
Just got a cerbera and will be looking for a good TVR garage, do these come highly recommended with reasonable prices?
Well I travel from John o' Groats to Dreadnought for servicing my MG ZT260, Highly recomended

absolutely

3,168 posts

159 months

Monday 26th May 2008
quotequote all
Alicatt1 said:
brakedust300 said:
Stang said:
Not so many from me...


TVR Dreadnought (Servicing)
Callander
http://www.dreadnoughtgarage.co.uk/
Just got a cerbera and will be looking for a good TVR garage, do these come highly recommended with reasonable prices?
Well I travel from John o' Groats to Dreadnought for servicing my MG ZT260, Highly recomended
They know what they're doing!

Rambo

27 posts

212 months

Monday 9th June 2008
quotequote all
gordonc said:
KENNY BROWN MOTORS HILLINGTON GLASGOW suspension GURU and everything else and hell give you a price and report before he starts very reasonable rates, ex racer + sons into single seater racing at a high level sets up my GT3RS for track use
I can second that. KB looked after my Lotus Elan turbo for several years and I know at least 4 others that still use him and swear by him.

He's a nice bloke into the bargain and won't give you any bullst.

northo

2,371 posts

186 months

Monday 23rd June 2008
quotequote all
absolutely said:
Alicatt1 said:
brakedust300 said:
Stang said:
Not so many from me...


TVR Dreadnought (Servicing)
Callander
http://www.dreadnoughtgarage.co.uk/
Just got a cerbera and will be looking for a good TVR garage, do these come highly recommended with reasonable prices?
Well I travel from John o' Groats to Dreadnought for servicing my MG ZT260, Highly recomended
They know what they're doing!
We have had amazing service from Dreadnought - highly recommended. They and MP supercars are the only people who get to work on our cars unless it's under warranty. There's no substitute for expertise!

albundy89

481 posts

205 months

Monday 30th June 2008
quotequote all
I`m with Absolutely on this subject,better to warn off fellow phers and put up with admins wrath than see one of us get ripped off as I have been done at Lakefield Classics,supposedly TVR afficianado, bullst a total rip off merchant.

yellowbentines

4,590 posts

174 months

Wednesday 2nd July 2008
quotequote all
albundy89 said:
I`m with Absolutely on this subject,better to warn off fellow phers and put up with admins wrath than see one of us get ripped off as I have been done at Lakefield Classics,supposedly TVR afficianado, bullst a total rip off merchant.
I agree but it'll be difficult to recommend garages/workshops that have 100% glowing feedback. In the past I've taken a car to a bodyshop I'd never heard of purely on the basis of recommendations from fellow PHer's, who I'm sure weren't lying when they said they'd had a great job done. All I ended up with was a car that had so many swirl marks in the new paint that it looked like it had been polished with a brillo pad, I didn't notice it at the time but it's very noticeable to me now - would I recommend the bodyshop, no - is it fair for another PH'er to lose out by using them based on false expectations/recommendations of others when I know that their work isn't always as great as it's made out to be, no, but it's a tricky one.

TimR69

549 posts

194 months

Friday 4th July 2008
quotequote all
For alloy wheel refurb in the East:

Coatech Surface Technologies
73 Dundee Street
Carnoustie
DD7 7PN

01241 854911

they were recommended to me by several people and have done a fantastic job on some very shoddy wheels I had.

Crombers

361 posts

158 months

Wednesday 9th July 2008
quotequote all
I heartily recommend the Wheel Centre in Cambuslang for alloy refurbs

http://www.wheelcentre-scotland.co.uk/

And add a very definate thumbs up for the previously mentioned BM Motors in Law village.

I also use Lennoxlea Garage in Lennoxtown for the odd job. The lads there are very good and they open until 10pm for late night MOTs or to accomodate requests..

Lennoxlea Garage
Veitch Place
Glasgow
G66 7JQ
01360 312532


DunK122

18 posts

176 months

Friday 11th July 2008
quotequote all
does anybody know if MH Engineering has now closed? im looking to get my Geo set up (properly) but heard the bloke has gone offshore now

deadslow

6,971 posts

190 months

Friday 11th July 2008
quotequote all
This guy is the biz on all the German stuff, especially Porsche and BMW M, but also see a lot of Ferrari, Aston, Jag in there. Can work competently on just about anything.

Also very nice chap, totally meticulous attention to detail.

George Morrison Motors

103, Farmeloan Rd, Rutherglen, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G73 1EE
Tel: 0141 643 1768