Plod in Bury St. Edmunds

Plod in Bury St. Edmunds

Author
Discussion

cjb44

Original Poster:

335 posts

62 months

Friday 21st June
quotequote all
Many thanks to the Chimaera driver who gave me the heads up on the Parkway this morning that Plod were operating a handheld camera, I probably was only doing 36mph but was saved from a fine. Nice car by the way as an ex Griffith owner I could certainly appreciate.

Mutema

741 posts

94 months

Tuesday 25th June
quotequote all

Out of interest, where on Parkway were there?

cjb44

Original Poster:

335 posts

62 months

Wednesday 26th June
quotequote all
Standing on the grass bank next to Greene King warehousing entrance, the camera was pointing towards Westgate Street.

saaby93

25,831 posts

122 months

Wednesday 26th June
quotequote all
30mph dual carriageway with no houses
https://www.google.com/maps/@52.2417902,0.7096807,...

cjb44

Original Poster:

335 posts

62 months

Thursday 27th June
quotequote all
saaby93 said:
30mph dual carriageway with no houses
https://www.google.com/maps/@52.2417902,0.7096807,...
The particular part we are discussing is single carriage way in both directions but is still 30mph, the dual part you are refering to is the other side of Westgate Street roundabout.

Monkeylegend

16,185 posts

175 months

Thursday 27th June
quotequote all
They were out on the Sicklesmere road yesterday opposite the Post Office. Thanks to the lady in a Peugeot who flashed.

Been there a few times recently.

cjb44

Original Poster:

335 posts

62 months

Friday 28th June
quotequote all
For those of you that are not regular users of the Sicklemere road, you should also be aware that a scamera van sits quite regularly just opposite the "Old Jail" in Sicklesmere road (in a public parking area) as you approach the Southgate Street roundabout coming into Bury St. Edmunds. You will not spot it until it is too late as the road is slightly uphill and has a bend.

Monkeylegend

16,185 posts

175 months

Friday 28th June
quotequote all
And also just round the final bend in Alpheton past the garage as you drive towards Bury, in the layby on the right.

They also had a hand held as you approach Alpheton from Sudbury in the layby just before the garage on the left. They pulled my other half in about 4 weeks ago doing 42, she just scraped in the SAC to avoid the points.

Alpheton is a bit of a hot spot.

Be careful out there, they are out to get you smile

55palfers

3,999 posts

108 months

Friday 28th June
quotequote all
Good job they've got this lot all sorted isn't it.

https://www.police.uk/suffolk/H21A/crime/violent-c...

65% of reported crimes resulted in "No further action"

cjb44

Original Poster:

335 posts

62 months

Saturday 29th June
quotequote all
Monkeylegend said:
And also just round the final bend in Alpheton past the garage as you drive towards Bury, in the layby on the right.

They also had a hand held as you approach Alpheton from Sudbury in the layby just before the garage on the left. They pulled my other half in about 4 weeks ago doing 42, she just scraped in the SAC to avoid the points.

Alpheton is a bit of a hot spot.

Be careful out there, they are out to get you smile
Oops, I hope you treated her kindly!

Monkeylegend

16,185 posts

175 months

Saturday 29th June
quotequote all
cjb44 said:
Monkeylegend said:
And also just round the final bend in Alpheton past the garage as you drive towards Bury, in the layby on the right.

They also had a hand held as you approach Alpheton from Sudbury in the layby just before the garage on the left. They pulled my other half in about 4 weeks ago doing 42, she just scraped in the SAC to avoid the points.

Alpheton is a bit of a hot spot.

Be careful out there, they are out to get you smile
Oops, I hope you treated her kindly!
Easily done so can't complain. It has slowed her down though smile

Mutema

741 posts

94 months

Monday 1st July
quotequote all
cjb44 said:
Standing on the grass bank next to Greene King warehousing entrance, the camera was pointing towards Westgate Street.
Oh yes, I've seen them there a few times. That road really should be 40 for the most part.

If it's sunny, the Police will be out and usually within a 5-8 mile radius of the station. It's laughably predictable.

RodMod

1,151 posts

152 months

Thursday 18th July
quotequote all
Unmarked black Discovery seen pulling cars over in the lanes around Lawshall.