Anyone heard of MTEC Brakes in NI?

Anyone heard of MTEC Brakes in NI?

Author
Discussion

Jetl3on

Original Poster:

1,409 posts

163 months

Tuesday 22nd June 2010
quotequote all
Has anyone heard of the company MTECBRAKES.CO.UK, apparently based in Northern Ireland, are they a reputable firm? Their website implies they manufacture brake disks, but when I called, they said they buy them in. There is no mention of warranty on the website, but was told they do a 12month defect warranty as standard, seller MTEC100 on ebay.

Have you used them or their disks? Cant find much about them on the Net.

Cheers

HellDiver

5,708 posts

149 months

Tuesday 22nd June 2010
quotequote all
Yes, I've used them. They're fine, similar to Apec discs, but MTEC will drill and groove them as well, I assume they do this locally.

Jetl3on

Original Poster:

1,409 posts

163 months

Tuesday 22nd June 2010
quotequote all
HellDiver said:
Yes, I've used them. They're fine, similar to Apec discs, but MTEC will drill and groove them as well, I assume they do this locally.
I thought it was all MTEC manufactured, but apparently the disks are supplied pre-drilled and grooved by a UK supplier, all MTEC do it seems is change the PCD, no idea why the cloak and dagger stuff, if its a good product.

Thanks for replying

marcusplowman

6 posts

133 months

Tuesday 22nd June 2010
quotequote all
Ive had drilled and grooved front and rears from him on both my Calibra and Astra Coupe! No problems at all! As far as I know he buys in blank discs then drills/grooves them himself! You can have them done grooved or drilled/grooved! Located in Campsie...which is of course in the UK! Sudesh will probably know more info as his business is pretty close to them!

http://www.mtec-uk.com/index.php

Edited by marcusplowman on Tuesday 22 June 11:54

Jetl3on

Original Poster:

1,409 posts

163 months

Tuesday 22nd June 2010
quotequote all
marcusplowman said:
Ive had drilled and grooved front and rears from him on both my Calibra and Astra Coupe! No problems at all! As far as I know he buys in blank discs then drills/grooves them himself! You can have them done grooved or drilled/grooved! Located in Campsie...which is of course in the UK! Sudesh will probably know more info as his business is pretty close to them!

http://www.mtec-uk.com/index.php

Edited by marcusplowman on Tuesday 22 June 11:54
Sudesh?? A PHer?

marcusplowman

6 posts

133 months

Tuesday 22nd June 2010
quotequote all
Jetl3on said:
marcusplowman said:
Ive had drilled and grooved front and rears from him on both my Calibra and Astra Coupe! No problems at all! As far as I know he buys in blank discs then drills/grooves them himself! You can have them done grooved or drilled/grooved! Located in Campsie...which is of course in the UK! Sudesh will probably know more info as his business is pretty close to them!

http://www.mtec-uk.com/index.php

Edited by marcusplowman on Tuesday 22 June 11:54
Sudesh?? A PHer?
Yip... http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/profile.asp?m...

sim shane

71 posts

138 months

Tuesday 22nd June 2010
quotequote all
We are also based in campsie, i knew nothing about them until paul that works with me bought brakes for his golf gti on ebay, When he noticed they were based in campsie he arranged to collect them - so no postage! as far as i know he is happy with them and the service from the company. The place is located in campsie just across from bob mullan motors new site, but i think this is just a warehouse and as such is not open to the puplic. You would probably be better contacting them first if you are thinking of calling in with them.. Shane.

Colin L

1,242 posts

234 months

Wednesday 23rd June 2010
quotequote all
Have had a number of discs from him over the years and as I can out break cerberas salaries Tuscan and others driving hard on track the discs are well up for the job great product good quality and great price. You will not be disappointed
Colin l

StevGlos88

1 posts

35 months

Saturday 18th August 2018
quotequote all
Absolutely appalling company to deal with . I’m a garage owner and recently fitted a set of there drilled discs to a Suzuki Vitara . Short while after developed a bad brake vibration , further investigation showed massive run out with dti gauge . Contacted these and fobbed me off with all sorts virtually blamed me for incorrect fitment . Fittted oem quality discs problem solved . Poor quality products matched with horrendous after sales help . BUYER BEWARE

Oldandslow

2,379 posts

173 months

Sunday 19th August 2018
quotequote all
I've bought a couple of sets of them in the last few years. Been good quality and service so far. Good discount offers from time to time as well. Recommended to me by several enthusiasts who seemed very happy with them too.