Good photo spots in Essex

Good photo spots in Essex

Author
Discussion

TREMAiNE

Original Poster:

3,507 posts

129 months

Friday 17th June
quotequote all
Where is best in Essex to take car photos?

Ideally around Brentwood area (or that side of Essex at least)?

TCEvo

10,402 posts

182 months

Friday 17th June
quotequote all
There was a similar thread where a chap with a Ford Crown Vic cop car was looking for the same - if you can find that it's worth a read.

Few thoughts though:

- St Clements Church in W Thurrock w/ the sugar works behind (as used in Four Weddings & Funeral)
- Corringham/Coryton oil refinery in the evening
- Miles out, but war memorial & Bradwell power station in background @ Bradwell-on-Sea
- Southend sea front w/ pier in background
- Shoebury Garrision - in front of one of the refurb'd buildings down there
- Tilbury World's End pub
- Car depending, in front of Ford's old Warley offices (now flats)
- Ferry Road, Burnham - you can park right at riverside
- Chelmsford - Hylands House
- Andrewsfield Airfield, Great Saling - there's an old Dassault Mystere there (and an original T2 Hanger nearby)
- Former Bata site in East Tilbury - several large old multi-level warehouse buildings
- If you've an old Range Rover, a small lane in Rettendon


Edited by TCEvo on Friday 17th June 15:15

DodgyGeezer

31,931 posts

170 months

Friday 17th June
quotequote all
Oh nice thread thumbup

TREMAiNE

Original Poster:

3,507 posts

129 months

Friday 17th June
quotequote all
TCEvo said:
There was a similar thread where a chap with a Ford Crown Vic cop car was looking for the same - if you can find that it's worth a read.
It's my Crown Vic and that was my thread! hehe
Completely forgot to look back at that!

Though, this time I want some nice pictures of my Mustang.

TCEvo

10,402 posts

182 months

Friday 17th June
quotequote all
TREMAiNE said:
TCEvo said:
There was a similar thread where a chap with a Ford Crown Vic cop car was looking for the same - if you can find that it's worth a read.
It's my Crown Vic and that was my thread! hehe
Completely forgot to look back at that!

Though, this time I want some nice pictures of my Mustang.
Thought it rang a bell! - have you still got the Crown Vic?

Edited to add: there used to be open days/car shows @ Ford Dunton - I've never been there for one of those and can't find any dates, that would be a cool place to stage - could have the CV & the Mustang, similar to the famous RS200 police car pic.

TREMAiNE

Original Poster:

3,507 posts

129 months

Friday 17th June
quotequote all
TCEvo said:
TREMAiNE said:
TCEvo said:
There was a similar thread where a chap with a Ford Crown Vic cop car was looking for the same - if you can find that it's worth a read.
It's my Crown Vic and that was my thread! hehe
Completely forgot to look back at that!

Though, this time I want some nice pictures of my Mustang.
Thought it rang a bell! - have you still got the Crown Vic?

Edited to add: there used to be open days/car shows @ Ford Dunton - I've never been there for one of those and can't find any dates, that would be a cool place to stage - could have the CV & the Mustang, similar to the famous RS200 police car pic.
Still got the Crown Vic and it's still my daily driver. I do love it and it’s a great daily although £130 to fill it up and getting 300 miles out of it is painful.

Both the CV and Mustang are up for sale now and the sale of both should hopefully be enough to squeeze me into a Morgan Three Wheeler – something I was originally considering at the time I bought the CV.

I actually live a 2 minute walk from Dunton Ford. I’ll see if they have any open days coming up thanks for the suggestions.

TCEvo

10,402 posts

182 months

Friday 17th June
quotequote all
TREMAiNE said:
TCEvo said:
TREMAiNE said:
TCEvo said:
There was a similar thread where a chap with a Ford Crown Vic cop car was looking for the same - if you can find that it's worth a read.
It's my Crown Vic and that was my thread! hehe
Completely forgot to look back at that!

Though, this time I want some nice pictures of my Mustang.
Thought it rang a bell! - have you still got the Crown Vic?

Edited to add: there used to be open days/car shows @ Ford Dunton - I've never been there for one of those and can't find any dates, that would be a cool place to stage - could have the CV & the Mustang, similar to the famous RS200 police car pic.
Still got the Crown Vic and it's still my daily driver. I do love it and it’s a great daily although £130 to fill it up and getting 300 miles out of it is painful.

Both the CV and Mustang are up for sale now and the sale of both should hopefully be enough to squeeze me into a Morgan Three Wheeler – something I was originally considering at the time I bought the CV.

I actually live a 2 minute walk from Dunton Ford. I’ll see if they have any open days coming up thanks for the suggestions.
I'd love a CV, but don't have anywhere to keep one at the moment.

If you get anywhere w/ Dunton let us know - my TVR has a Ford engine so that ought to be acceptable there.

s p a c e m a n

10,103 posts

128 months

Saturday 16th July
quotequote all
Can't remember if I posted in your old thread but the Tilbury passenger ferry has a bridge to the carpark that you can take some good 'industrial' look photos on, we used it for loads of magazine features. You ideally need two of you though because it's a single lane so you need to be fairly quick on it, we used to position the car and then duck behind the dashboard whilst the photos were taken but sometimes we could sit there 15 mins without moving.