unmarked police cars

Author
Discussion

AngryS3Owner

15,855 posts

206 months

Friday 8th February 2008
quotequote all
splitter / judas said:
TVP were trialing a marked Saab 95 Aero lick
How can you think those things are nice, or did you mean the older one?

Dizeee

16,791 posts

183 months

Friday 8th February 2008
quotequote all
Must admit that I am only a fan of Saab's from old, particularly the 93 Convertible. Not so sure on the newer models, especially the one with rimmed spectacles! vomit


ZR1cliff

17,999 posts

226 months

Friday 8th February 2008
quotequote all
Basingstoke Police use Skodas, I'm not sure if the dark coloured one is still about but they have a nice Shiney silver Octavia that cruises around the area, including the M3 and other major routes. Junction 5 at Hook late at night is a favourite haunt.

xxplod

2,269 posts

221 months

Friday 8th February 2008
quotequote all
ZR1cliff said:
Basingstoke Police use Skodas, I'm not sure if the dark coloured one is still about but they have a nice Shiney silver Octavia that cruises around the area, including the M3 and other major routes. Junction 5 at Hook late at night is a favourite haunt.
That one may not be an RPU car, although RPU do have unmarked Octavia VRS.

Dizeee

16,791 posts

183 months

Friday 8th February 2008
quotequote all
RPU?


splitter / judas

4,330 posts

186 months

Friday 8th February 2008
quotequote all
Dizeee said:
RPU?
Roads Policing Unit

splitter / judas

4,330 posts

186 months

Friday 8th February 2008
quotequote all
AngryS3Owner said:
splitter / judas said:
TVP were trialing a marked Saab 95 Aero lick
How can you think those things are nice, or did you mean the older one?
New style. I like them so tongue out

ZR1cliff

17,999 posts

226 months

Saturday 9th February 2008
quotequote all
xxplod said:
ZR1cliff said:
Basingstoke Police use Skodas, I'm not sure if the dark coloured one is still about but they have a nice Shiney silver Octavia that cruises around the area, including the M3 and other major routes. Junction 5 at Hook late at night is a favourite haunt.
That one may not be an RPU car, although RPU do have unmarked Octavia VRS.
I followed a silver Octavia up the M3 the other night in my cab, as we both exited the slip road at Junction 5 I Noticed the normal small screens in the rear window. There was a Police BMW sitting on the roundabout watching traffic coming down from the London direction and the silver Octavia stopped for a chat. I felt pretty sure if I had been breaking the highway law he would have collared me biggrin

croxsons

1,828 posts

176 months

Wednesday 13th February 2008
quotequote all
black 5 series on A217, Surrey / London border.

Bizzle

544 posts

178 months

Thursday 14th February 2008
quotequote all
There is a black unmarked Subaru Impreza WRX STI running the M40 at the moment. I saw it at Junction 8 - it's the latest model (gen4?) last of the propper looking Scoobies.

Scared the s**t out of me. You just couldn't tell.

Jumpy Guy

440 posts

196 months

Thursday 14th February 2008
quotequote all
Black Leon Cupra at petrol station just off Handy Cross roundabout
I didnt think that these were used, but definately had concealed blue lights, LED matrix on rear window, multiple aerials etc


Hereward

3,123 posts

207 months

Thursday 14th February 2008
quotequote all
maximus4 said:
John D. said:
Robatr0n said:
Black 996 C4S down the M4! eek
I spotted a dark blue 996 C4S last summer in Reading, A33 heading towards M4. Kojak light and everything! Driver wearing Police uniform.

Possibly the same car? (They can't have two the bastards!)
A senior fire officer for the Reading area drives a Porsche 996 c4s. When there is a major incident he attends and has a removable blue light on the roof. TVP do not use any Porsches.
Ah, I've heard about this guy. Think he used to have an E39 M5.

Frik

13,150 posts

220 months

Thursday 14th February 2008
quotequote all
Bizzle said:
There is a black unmarked Subaru Impreza WRX STI running the M40 at the moment. I saw it at Junction 8 - it's the latest model (gen4?) last of the propper looking Scoobies.

Scared the s**t out of me. You just couldn't tell.
Seen that one had pulled someone just before the Banbury junction about 6 months ago. Always brake for black scoobies now...

humpy

1,171 posts

196 months

Thursday 14th February 2008
quotequote all
Frik said:
Bizzle said:
There is a black unmarked Subaru Impreza WRX STI running the M40 at the moment. I saw it at Junction 8 - it's the latest model (gen4?) last of the propper looking Scoobies.
Scared the s**t out of me. You just couldn't tell...
Thanks for that.

Frik

13,150 posts

220 months

Thursday 14th February 2008
quotequote all
Er...

Dizeee

16,791 posts

183 months

Friday 15th February 2008
quotequote all
croxsons said:
black 5 series on A217, Surrey / London border.
Thats one of ours wink

Nobby Diesel

1,993 posts

228 months

Friday 15th February 2008
quotequote all
Hereward said:
maximus4 said:
John D. said:
Robatr0n said:
Black 996 C4S down the M4! eek
I spotted a dark blue 996 C4S last summer in Reading, A33 heading towards M4. Kojak light and everything! Driver wearing Police uniform.

Possibly the same car? (They can't have two the bastards!)
A senior fire officer for the Reading area drives a Porsche 996 c4s. When there is a major incident he attends and has a removable blue light on the roof. TVP do not use any Porsches.
Ah, I've heard about this guy. Think he used to have an E39 M5.
I have seen this car and read many threads about it. I seriously doubt that it is a TVP car. It may be a TV copper on his way to a job though.

In any case, I don't think we need to worry about being pulled for speeding by a C4S. Just get out the way of it - he's probably got somewhere to be.

croxsons

1,828 posts

176 months

Friday 15th February 2008
quotequote all
Dizeee said:
croxsons said:
black 5 series on A217, Surrey / London border.
Thats one of ours wink
I will remember that ... my old man was almost done at 1.0 lepton on the mad-mile, but someone overtook him going faster ... and then got pulled further down the road ...

he was feeling quite fortunate ...

Akers

463 posts

212 months

Friday 15th February 2008
quotequote all
Black Audi A3 Sportback, on M25 Surrey section

kelk

955 posts

190 months

Friday 15th February 2008
quotequote all
Last Sunday I saw a brand new black Jag X-type with 2 plods climbing out of it having pulled over a car going southbound on the M3.