New TVR still under wraps! (Vol. 2)

New TVR still under wraps! (Vol. 2)

Author
Discussion

baconsarney

10,839 posts

128 months

Saturday 12th June
quotequote all
Anyone got Les’s mobile number? Feck all this guessing and assumption let’s just ask the bloke smile

phazed

19,790 posts

171 months

Saturday 12th June
quotequote all
baconsarney said:
Anyone got Les’s mobile number? Feck all this guessing and assumption let’s just ask the bloke smile
I could drive down to his golf club , he might be there wink They might give me his private hotline number........

glow worm

4,725 posts

194 months

Saturday 12th June
quotequote all
I left the TVRCC because I always thought "they" were too interested in promoting their own personal agendas .

Gazzab

18,868 posts

249 months

Saturday 12th June
quotequote all
glow worm said:
I left the TVRCC because I always thought "they" were too interested in promoting their own personal agendas .
They were so damn boring. I just gave up due to the tedious nature.

ukkid35

5,556 posts

140 months

Sunday 13th June
quotequote all
Mid April

ukkid35 said:
Today


eliot

9,502 posts

221 months

Sunday 13th June
quotequote all
So once the building refurb has been completed can we have guesses on the next plausible excuses;

1) Lost the memory stick containing all the designs

Don1

14,624 posts

175 months

Sunday 13th June
quotequote all
The dog didn't bite the clay model.

phazed

19,790 posts

171 months

Sunday 13th June
quotequote all
That story really does sound a bit ham.

N7GTX

5,604 posts

110 months

Sunday 13th June
quotequote all
There are 2 buildings just like the Welsh one that are brand new and empty ready for someone to move into. Just 3 miles from the M62 in the centre of the country with a huge potential workforce to pick from. I'll be applying for the PR job.

Jon39

8,404 posts

110 months

Sunday 13th June
quotequote all

eliot said:
So once the building refurb has been completed can we have guesses on the next plausible excuses;

1) Lost the memory stick containing all the designs

2) There might be a slight delay on installing all the production line equipment.

We thought a couple of torque wrenches and some spanners would be all that we needed, but have suddenly discovered that a recent new car factory in Wales cost hundreds of millions to equip. Looking inside that factory (see photos below), they have automated chassis/body assembly, a specialist paint facility, overhead conveyors and even some computer screens. It all looks rather fancy, so I am sure we can get by somehow, without most of that stuff. The Formula One teams use tiny wheeled trolleys to move their cars. There is an idea. Think I saw some of those amongst the bargains at Lidl.

Anyway, as was mentioned recently at our Goodwood unveiling of the Griffith, raising capital is not a problem within our strategic, dynamic, time critical business planning.














cirks

2,262 posts

250 months

Sunday 13th June
quotequote all
Jon39 said:
By reading the article, should I assume that the TVR Car Club have bought out Uncle Les and the gang ?
I gather that from their references to;
'our partners in the Welsh Government'
'the first area we take possession of'
'We’re now busy working on finalising the internal layouts'
'We’re looking forward to getting on site'
The article is headed TVR Car Club. I didn't notice any reference to it being a third party statement.
It's a copy and paste of info sent to deposit holders. Nothing directly to do with the TVRCC

N7GTX

5,604 posts

110 months

Sunday 13th June
quotequote all
Jon39 said:

2) There might be a slight delay on installing all the production line equipment.

We thought a couple of torque wrenches and some spanners would be all that we needed, but have suddenly discovered that a recent new car factory in Wales cost hundreds of millions to equip.
You cannot possibly compare TVR and AM, can you?

Quote 1: The TVR trio believe equipping the factory for production should be relatively straightforward, because the iStream assembly process was developed by Gordon Murray, who also designed the car. The process requires little on-site tooling and can be handled by semi-skilled workers. Major components, such as the tubular steel chassis with its bonded-in composite strengthening panels, come from external suppliers.

Oh wait, it seems you can.

Quote 2: TVR’s bosses say the Griffith Launch Edition will be very well equipped so as to simplify the assembly process. “We’ll be offering a car with a natural value of around £125,000 if you judge it against, say, the Aston Martin Vantage,” said Edgar.

The highlighted comment does not compute (more equipment = more assembly). In fact the whole quote doesn't. confused

Classic Chim

11,194 posts

116 months

Sunday 13th June
quotequote all
Will he have to pay GM royalties for using his production system since he invented it.
I wish they hadn’t had a barny, they could have added on a lean too to his facility and got on with it!
Who will be the expert making sure this process is done correctly if it’s not someone or a team from GM?
So many questions and all we get is “ we are busy cleaning out some sheds” wtf.

N7GTX

5,604 posts

110 months

Monday 14th June
quotequote all
Classic Chim said:
Will he have to pay GM royalties for using his production system since he invented it.
I wish they hadn’t had a barny, they could have added on a lean too to his facility and got on with it!
Who will be the expert making sure this process is done correctly if it’s not someone or a team from GM?
So many questions and all we get is “ we are busy cleaning out some sheds” wtf.
Wonder who is making the chassis? Who paints the car/panels? Semi skilled people will have to be trained to set up the suspension and steering. Guessing Cosworth have chosen an engine ECU and done a map for the installation. The factory and dealers will need the software to read it and the airbags and ABS. Still no 'official parts' set up yet. A factory to take over. The factory to fit out. Prototypes to be built and tested for homologation. Staff to be taken on and trained. 9 directors, only a couple of whom are engineers so who trains who?
Delivery of the new car in early 2022 apparently. There's a very long way to go.....

V6 Pushfit

16,814 posts

77 months

Monday 14th June
quotequote all
N7GTX said:
Wonder pays for the chassis? Who pays for the car/panels?
More like it until a fairy appears bearing an open cheque....

silentbrown

6,703 posts

83 months

Monday 14th June
quotequote all
N7GTX said:
The highlighted comment does not compute (more equipment = more assembly). In fact the whole quote doesn't. confused
He means they'll all be built to the same spec, so no 'options' to worry about. That does make some sense.

N7GTX

5,604 posts

110 months

Monday 14th June
quotequote all
silentbrown said:
N7GTX said:
The highlighted comment does not compute (more equipment = more assembly). In fact the whole quote doesn't. confused
He means they'll all be built to the same spec, so no 'options' to worry about. That does make some sense.
Yes if the first 500 are all identical in every respect, I see that but fitting more goodies means more complexity. But the second part of the quote? The car becomes worth £125,000 because you are comparing it with a Vantage. I don't follow this. Or is he saying that you buy the car for £90k and its value jumps to £125k. Is this a way of reassuring investors/buyers?

Wacky Racer

34,358 posts

214 months

Monday 14th June
quotequote all
Wonder what the total value of "the deposits" TVR are still holding for prospective buyers? scratchchin


I appreciate as Les has said, it's no use keep issuing updates every few weeks until we have something concrete to say, but this really is turning into a shambles.......

I do hope the project succeeds btw.

baconsarney

10,839 posts

128 months

Monday 14th June
quotequote all
Just started reading war and peace again. smile


Jon39

8,404 posts

110 months

Monday 14th June
quotequote all

N7GTX said:
The car becomes worth £125,000 because you are comparing it with a Vantage. I don't follow this. Or is he saying that you buy the car for £90k and its value jumps to £125k.
Is this a way of reassuring investors/buyers?

More like Magic Circle, than reassuring buyers.
Perhaps he means the opposite way around, because if you buy a new Vantage for £125k, its value then jumps to £90k.

In my post containing the St Athan factory photos Iain, I expect you realised, that I was just emphasising the modern complexity of car manufacturing and the enormous amount of capital required, even before any production begins. In the few Newco communications, they have always given the impression of underestimating the amount of money needed for their hoped for production of hundreds of sports cars.





Edited by Jon39 on Monday 14th June 12:03