New TVR still under wraps! (Vol. 3)

New TVR still under wraps! (Vol. 3)

Author
Discussion

cirks

2,476 posts

286 months

Friday 31st March 2023
quotequote all
rev-erend said:
The silver one is just a model.
But the white/race decal one? Red one repainted/wrapped?

rev-erend

21,473 posts

287 months

Friday 31st March 2023
quotequote all
phazed said:
rev-erend said:
11 miles away, near Ripley.
6 miles away for me, South Holmwood. You are quite near. Shame Les hasn't invited us for dinner yet...
My mate, KB has his number?

He did a lot of the building changes in the pub a good few years ago.

jon66

302 posts

147 months

Friday 31st March 2023
quotequote all
QBee said:
Puddle Dock, until the Police turned up to enjoy the scene.



The finish was at Balckheath, which I didn't know was the Sausage Meet venue for a select group of other TVR owners.
They were a bit surprised when about 60 other TVRs turned up

I remember that run well...had to be at Dunsfold the day afterwards with the Tuscan and rather "cooked" in traffic trying to get out of London !!

The analogy of TVR Owners and "herding cats" is spot on...abiding memory was turning up at a set of traffic lights to see...TVR to the right, TVR to the left, TVR facing us across the lights and a Sagaris behind us who had decided that we looked like we knew where we were going.....only 2 of us were actually following thr route correctly at that point !!

baconsarney

12,000 posts

164 months

Friday 31st March 2023
quotequote all
glow worm said:
For me "The Big Marrow Competition" starts today , with planting my seeds in the propagator smile
Popped down to Newmarket yesterday, got half a ton of horse manure in the back of the Volvo cool

QBee

21,189 posts

147 months

Friday 31st March 2023
quotequote all
Yes, the hours I slaved over organising the route, start and finish etc.....but always you get people scattering all over the place.

It doesn't seem to matter if you give them written instructions, maps, satnav files or whatever, TVR owners seem to change gender at the sight of a route plan. As my wife well knows, one of my favourite jokes, when women start bragging abour their multi-tasking abilities, is "Yes, women can do three things at once.....as long as two of them aren't map reading and parking." smile

The first time I took part in the run I arrived at Bank traffic lights to find TVRs approaching from all 5 directions. That rather set the tone for future runs.

Penrhyn

686 posts

101 months

Friday 31st March 2023
quotequote all
Btw Jones Bros who refurbished the Techmate factory in Ebbw Vale for TVR are very busy 150 yards from my house. Pictures below, sorry crap quality.




glow worm

6,022 posts

230 months

Friday 31st March 2023
quotequote all
Ah... You're next door to Rhos_On-Sea Golf Course smile ..which I've played a few times.

Jordie Barretts sock

5,241 posts

22 months

Friday 31st March 2023
quotequote all
QBee said:
Yes, the hours I slaved over organising the route, start and finish etc.....but always you get people scattering all over the place.

It doesn't seem to matter if you give them written instructions, maps, satnav files or whatever, TVR owners seem to change gender at the sight of a route plan. As my wife well knows, one of my favourite jokes, when women start bragging abour their multi-tasking abilities, is "Yes, women can do three things at once.....as long as two of them aren't map reading and parking." smile

The first time I took part in the run I arrived at Bank traffic lights to find TVRs approaching from all 5 directions. That rather set the tone for future runs.
Mate, I feel your pain and agree why you didn't do another!

Jon39

12,992 posts

146 months

Saturday 1st April 2023
quotequote all

Penrhyn said:
Btw Jones Bros who refurbished the Techmate factory in Ebbw Vale for TVR are very busy 150 yards from my house. .


Have the proposed TVR premises been advertised for lease, since the completion of refurbishment ?
I don't know the unit number, so cannot search.


Viper201

7,950 posts

146 months

Saturday 1st April 2023
quotequote all
The old Techboard factory doesn't have a unit number. Its on its own at the top of the estate. The last Govt statement said they and TVR's solicitors were looking at the terms of the lease. That was months ago.

Unit 30 is available and looks ideal for a start up rather than a monstrous shed. The interior looks similar.

https://propertylink.estatesgazette.com/property-d...




Jon39

12,992 posts

146 months

Saturday 1st April 2023
quotequote all

Viper201 said:
The old Techboard factory doesn't have a unit number. Its on its own at the top of the estate. The last Govt statement said they and TVR's solicitors were looking at the terms of the lease. That was months ago.

Unit 30 is available and looks ideal for a start up rather than a monstrous shed. The interior looks similar.

https://propertylink.estatesgazette.com/property-d...

Why would the other premises on the estate have been allocated unit numbers, but not the one which was occupied by Techboard ?
Are they trying to spoil our Sherlock Holmes fun ?


baconsarney

12,000 posts

164 months

Saturday 1st April 2023
quotequote all
There’s nothing left… all gone, and run away… maybe you’ll tarry, for a while…

Viper201

7,950 posts

146 months

Saturday 1st April 2023
quotequote all
Jon39 said:
Viper201 said:
The old Techboard factory doesn't have a unit number. Its on its own at the top of the estate. The last Govt statement said they and TVR's solicitors were looking at the terms of the lease. That was months ago.

Unit 30 is available and looks ideal for a start up rather than a monstrous shed. The interior looks similar.

https://propertylink.estatesgazette.com/property-d...

Why would the other premises on the estate have been allocated unit numbers, but not the one which was occupied by Techboard ?
Are they trying to spoil our Sherlock Holmes fun ?
I think Techboard built their own unit after the others(?). This pic shows the layout quite well with the "proposed TVR factory" at the top next to the wind turbine. According to the article from November 2021 all the units were occupied. All except one that is.....

https://businessnewswales.com/rassau-industrial-es...


Polly Grigora

11,209 posts

112 months

Saturday 1st April 2023
quotequote all
When you own a TVR tubular and true

You never get too big, you never get too heavy
You never get too cool that you stop paying your dues
Oh yeah! What can a poor TVR owner do
You better go back to your TVR specialist they'll take care of you

Lost your wife, lost your son, no problem as long as the TVR runs
Stay out drinking 'til the morning comes
Yeah I've done my head in too
Fiberglass cars could make a fool of you

TVR owners take my hand allow me to lead you to a diseased land
Begins with an F and ends with a K and I can't stand
I am sick and tired of electrical faults, I am weak on compression, my bores are worn
I have stole I have sinned, anything other than genuine parts should be binned

Have seen it on YT, have read about it here too
There's a brand new TVR soon to be launched for you
The beast might run on batteries or hydrogen or mist
Please do excuse me as I'm now slightly pissed

One thing I have to say before I have to go
Be careful with your right foot, you will reap just what you sow
Yeah! people with very fast cars do

Jon39

12,992 posts

146 months

Sunday 2nd April 2023
quotequote all

Viper201 said:
I think Techboard built their own unit after the others(?). This pic shows the layout quite well with the "proposed TVR factory" at the top next to the wind turbine. According to the article from November 2021 all the units were occupied. All except one that is.....

https://businessnewswales.com/rassau-industrial-es...


Thank you.

It seems ages since we were told the refurbishment had been completed.
I think it has been mentioned, that this unit is now owned by the Welsh government.
Any business like landlord would not leave an expensive (ready to lease) asset idle.
I suppose governments are not usually associated with the term business like, because they either lack the ability, or the need (voters don't have a say about what their money is spent on) to act responsibly.

It does seem strange that there has not been any indication of marketing the property for letting.

That standard of business ability, reminds me about what is going on in Scotland. The new leader, Humza Yousles is very keen on wealth redistribution and independence. He knows that independence requires the Scottish economy to grow and be much more successful, so he wants to start by considerably increasing taxes on businesses and stinking rich business owners. The money raised will then be given to poor people, which might by then include the ex-employees of those businesses and maybe the owners as well, unless they have already scampered over the border to England.

Mr. Yousles does possess considerable knowledge and experience of finance, accounting, economics and business, which he learnt during 2006, whilst working at an O2 call centre ("Press 1 if you want to leave O2 Scotland"), so the citizens of Scotland might be in safe hands.
He was thinking about showing how well Scotland could cope as an independent nation, by refusing to accept the enormous sums of money, continuallly given to Scotland by England under the Barnett Formula. His advisers tried to suggest, that it might be wise to 'kick that can further along the road'.
He is very keen to rejoin (not the correct word, becuse UK was the member) the EU. Prior to making an application to join and adopting the Euro currency, they need to show that they meet all of the many entry requirements. It will be necessary for them to use their new currency called the Sporran during any interim period. Watch that increase in value, against the mighty US Dollar!
Spain would of course veto Scotland joining anyway, because it would only encourage Catalonia to seek independence again.

It will be interesting to follow progress.


Edited by Jon39 on Sunday 2nd April 08:58

glow worm

6,022 posts

230 months

Sunday 2nd April 2023
quotequote all
Why can't England have a vote to kick Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland out of the Union ?

Jordie Barretts sock

5,241 posts

22 months

Sunday 2nd April 2023
quotequote all
glow worm said:
Why can't England have a vote to kick Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland out of the Union ?
Perhaps because there's no appetite for it.

You think that's daft? There's a group in NZ that want separate sovereign states for the North and South islands.

QBee

21,189 posts

147 months

Sunday 2nd April 2023
quotequote all
Jordie Barretts sock said:
QBee said:
Yes, the hours I slaved over organising the route, start and finish etc.....but always you get people scattering all over the place.

It doesn't seem to matter if you give them written instructions, maps, satnav files or whatever, TVR owners seem to change gender at the sight of a route plan. As my wife well knows, one of my favourite jokes, when women start bragging abour their multi-tasking abilities, is "Yes, women can do three things at once.....as long as two of them aren't map reading and parking." smile

The first time I took part in the run I arrived at Bank traffic lights to find TVRs approaching from all 5 directions. That rather set the tone for future runs.
Mate, I feel your pain and agree why you didn't do another!
I took over the year before from the person who had organised the previous two runs.
I went on those runs and enjoyed them.....the first one started from the O2 car park and went wrong within 3 minutes when the Blackball Tunnel was closed until 7 am and then the first left turn following that was closed for road works. I felt their pain. Getting us all back together again after that start was tricky.

I simply felt I would like to have a go at it, and I knew a few interesting additions, like going through Docklands, that could add interest.
I also got lucky at the end - I took us to Brooklands, and discovered when we got there that there was a car meet going on - loads of TVRs, about 180 in total.

My second run was not as good (I felt), so when another TVR owner offered to take over I graciously stepped aside.
I went on his first run and enjoyed it. Again, he had altered the route and made some improvements. It's the sort of thing that needs fresh eyes regularly.

I have been on many runs around East Anglia, both TVR and general cars. All good, all very different. Probably the best one was being made to feel welcome into a group of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Astons etc on a trip around Norfolk. It was on a Summer Sunday morning, and the reaction from the holiday makers in the North Norfoilk coastal villages/towns was fantastic. I was at the back in my Chimaera (I felt I was the poor relation, despite the fact I was made very welcome), but the number of times I heard "Wow, a TVR!!!" soon cheered me up.



Viper201

7,950 posts

146 months

Sunday 2nd April 2023
quotequote all
Jon39 said:

Thank you.

It seems ages since we were told the refurbishment had been completed.
I think it has been mentioned, that this unit is now owned by the Welsh government.
Any business like landlord would not leave an expensive (ready to lease) asset idle.
I suppose governments are not usually associated with the term business like, because they either lack the ability, or the need (voters don't have a say about what their money is spent on) to act responsibly.

It does seem strange that there has not been any indication of marketing the property for letting.
These are the last two statements by the Welsh Govt concerning the 'proposed' factory.

12th July 2022

The statements made with regard to completion dates were correct at the time. However, due to unforeseen delays in the refurbishment construction and provision of utilities servicing of the property, practical completion was extended to 1st July 2022, effectively at the end of Q2.

Based on the original construction timescale and TVR’s expected funding arrangements, the original dates reported were correct at the time. We are in detailed negotiation with TVR management to finalise all arrangements and it is currently expected that the lease will now be signed with TVR during Q3.

At present there is no lease in place.

Given the size and quality of this refurbished building and existing level interest shown in it, we are confident that the building will be successfully let within the near future even if we are unable to agree final terms with TVR.

Yours sincerely.

Haydn Fitchett
Senior Delivery Lead – Business Solutions
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

20th January 2023

"Clearly there have been delays in the commencement of car production in Wales. However, the timescales previously referred to accurately reflected the information available to us at the time and our expectation for this project to move forward.

Our officials remain in discussion with TVR and its advisors over the funding and delivery of its car production plant in Wales. Lawyers for both parties are also actively considering the proposed legal agreements for the building. The outcome of these various discussions is anticipated in the near future."

Yours sincerely,

Haydn Fitchett
Senior Delivery Lead - Business Solutions
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

There's that word again. FUNDING

The very same word that the Minister at the time said to the Senedd in response to an assembly member 5 years ago. Quote, "Until TVR can prove they have £5m in funding they will not occupy the factory".

Hopefully, Jon, this has answered your questions. As a contributor on the Scottish Independence thread, I share your views on the new leader who keeps saying, 'Independence within 5 years'. Dearie, dearie me...


RS Guy

218 posts

22 months

Sunday 2nd April 2023
quotequote all
I feel sorry for those with deposits, I nearly submitted mine when they were asked for.

Never going to happen IMV which is a shame!