New TVR still under wraps! (Vol. 3)

New TVR still under wraps! (Vol. 3)

Author
Discussion

LucyP

1,723 posts

62 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
I think Les wanted a link to historical wartime British names. Farrokh wasn't any of that.

Jon39

12,987 posts

146 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all

Viper201 said:
TVR Thunderbolt and TVR Spitfire are also now registered at the solicitors address.

Seems only companies that start with TVR have moved as the others have not changed.

These changes occur, so that social media then becomes full of speculation, about what might be going on.
Free publicity is obtained for the TVR brand, without requiring any effort or expense, by the TVR Marketing Department at Head Office.

So what do we think the purpose is, for these new TVR companies?
Surely they cannot be names for new models under development. That would be a ridiculous suggestion.

There was a Ford Thunderbold in 1964, a drag racing version of the Fairlane (Falcon in Australia).
We are probably all familiar with the Trumph Spitfire.




The Three D Mucketeer

6,015 posts

230 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
Thunderbolt for the Electric Version , Spitfire for the Petrol V8 .... all a bit childish really getmecoat

The Three D Mucketeer

6,015 posts

230 months

Saturday 25th May
quotequote all
Obviously intend going somewhere in 2024 , it's now MOT'ed and it PASSED bounce

But 680 miles in 12 months is even less than mine and I've got TWO smile .

Viper201

7,944 posts

146 months

Saturday 25th May
quotequote all
Ha ha, the extensive road testing that the chairman promised is really going to plan then. Racking up the miles and testing the car to the limit..... driving

Gazzab

21,156 posts

285 months

Saturday 25th May
quotequote all
In 17 years I have averaged 705 miles pa. Oops.

dvs_dave

8,835 posts

228 months

Saturday 25th May
quotequote all
LucyP said:
I think Les wanted a link to historical wartime British names. Farrokh wasn't any of that.
I hope not, as that angle of marketing is pretty cringeworthy these days. What next, the TVR Churchill?

leef44

4,612 posts

156 months

Sunday 26th May
quotequote all
Viper201 said:
Ha ha, the extensive road testing that the chairman promised is really going to plan then. Racking up the miles and testing the car to the limit..... driving
So true. This is proper road testing. Do a few hundred miles, sit unused as a garage queen for a few year then bring it back to use. Hopefully it survives this next test.

Viper201

7,944 posts

146 months

Sunday 26th May
quotequote all
The words 'deposit holders' seem to be forgotten these days. I wonder just how many there are now and if we believe the hype that they are/were all taken for the first 500 places. As they don't seem to appear in the accounts and are held in a separate account apparently, where has all the interest gone?
(its Sunday and I'm a bit bored).

Gazzab

21,156 posts

285 months

Monday 27th May
quotequote all
Viper201 said:
The words 'deposit holders' seem to be forgotten these days. I wonder just how many there are now and if we believe the hype that they are/were all taken for the first 500 places. As they don't seem to appear in the accounts and are held in a separate account apparently, where has all the interest gone?
(its Sunday and I'm a bit bored).
Is there any evidence they were all taken ? Regardless, I assume only a handful remain placed. Didn’t the TVR website have non heritage dealers ie for the new cars…? Seems to have disappeared. I understand that they had to pay non refundable deposits for their cars…..

ant550lag

78 posts

81 months

Monday 27th May
quotequote all
I'm not sure how anyone can have any confidence in this anymore to still have a deposit placed. When they lost the factory and there was no attempt by Les to suggest any plan B then that surely would have been the writing on the wall for any deposit holders

s6boy

1,637 posts

228 months

Monday 27th May
quotequote all
Even the guys who tried to turn this thread into (a more intersting) veggie and chilli topic haven't lifted it.
It's pointless to try and update something with.......no news. It's been debated, discussed and even seen some decent sleuthing but ffs this topic is dead let it die.


leef44

4,612 posts

156 months

Monday 27th May
quotequote all
s6boy said:
Even the guys who tried to turn this thread into (a more intersting) veggie and chilli topic haven't lifted it.
It's pointless to try and update something with.......no news. It's been debated, discussed and even seen some decent sleuthing but ffs this topic is dead let it die.
Be patient!









We've only started reaching the warmer season. Veggie need a bit of time to grow biggrin

MightyBadger

2,528 posts

53 months

Tuesday 28th May
quotequote all
349 pages and still under wraps biglaugh

Viper201

7,944 posts

146 months

Tuesday 28th May
quotequote all
And this is Vol 3. tumbleweed

Jon39

12,987 posts

146 months

Thursday 30th May
quotequote all

Even the motoring journalists seem have lost interest now.

Uncle Les enjoyed being interviewed regularly, so that he could keep the expectant world informed about the additional models under development, the latest news about his new friends from uncertain businesses ready to provide funds to TVR, and about progress at the production facility in Wales.

Unfortunately, the development car fleet has encountered problems with fouled spark plugs. Having to drive on the roads near the factory at 20 mph is not suitable for high powered engines. Les has now realised that Wales is a totally unsuitable country for vehicle assembly, so a new plan is being devised to establish the feasibility of using a spare room at a solicitors office in Surrey. Change of address for various TVR companies is being arranged, as work commences on this new exciting plan.

The motoring journalists need to interview Mr Edgar again, to find out about this new phase of the TVR revival.


phazed

21,902 posts

207 months

Thursday 30th May
quotequote all
As there isn’t any gardening news today, how about this little video of the TVR car club track day at Brands Hatch yesterday.

I am following Stuart, MK1fan in his Tamora plus lots of other TVR‘s later in the video.

Should have used an external mic due to the wind noise with roof off.

https://youtu.be/3-vI-rU0gGY?si=m55r4J5qcTXWi5Aq

Viper201

7,944 posts

146 months

Thursday 30th May
quotequote all
phazed said:
As there isn’t any gardening news today, how about this little video of the TVR car club track day at Brands Hatch yesterday.

I am following Stuart, MK1fan in his Tamora plus lots of other TVR‘s later in the video.

Should have used an external mic due to the wind noise with roof off.

https://youtu.be/3-vI-rU0gGY?si=m55r4J5qcTXWi5Aq
They drive faster than that in Audis in Bradford biglaugh


Jon39

12,987 posts

146 months

Thursday 30th May
quotequote all

One of your laps was one minute, but traffic slowed you on most laps in the film.
Good fun though.

Your TVR seems to have a Porsche steering wheel. - smile


phazed

21,902 posts

207 months

Thursday 30th May
quotequote all
As there isn’t any gardening news today, how about this little video of the TVR car club track day at Brands Hatch yesterday.

I am following Stuart, MK1fan in his Tamora plus lots of other TVR‘s later in the video.

Should have used an external mic due to the wind noise with roof off.

https://youtu.be/3-vI-rU0gGY?si=m55r4J5qcTXWi5Aq