Where is your old Tvr now?

Author
Discussion

Driller

7,196 posts

217 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
Anyone know of a Paris blue Griff 500 S495 RLF?

scorcher

3,148 posts

173 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
Just checked my old Griffith 500, V49 DGF. SORNED and MOT ran out 05/04/2013. Looks like its been off the road for a while frown

Driller

7,196 posts

217 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
scorcher said:
Just checked my old Griffith 500, V49 DGF. SORNED and MOT ran out 05/04/2013. Looks like its been off the road for a while frown
Just checked mine and it said the tax ran out in 2007. What does that mean, could the number plate have been changed to a private one or does the original number follow the car?

Daggsy

780 posts

191 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
RED 3000M, Cream / Oatmeal interior

STX 598S

scorcher

3,148 posts

173 months

Monday 13th November 2017
quotequote all
Driller said:
scorcher said:
Just checked my old Griffith 500, V49 DGF. SORNED and MOT ran out 05/04/2013. Looks like its been off the road for a while frown
Just checked mine and it said the tax ran out in 2007. What does that mean, could the number plate have been changed to a private one or does the original number follow the car?
If the number you checked isn't assigned to a vehicle it will come up as not recognised so presumably the one you checked should have said which vehicle it was assigned to meaning its been untaxed since 2007.

Advertisement

PGNSagaris

2,027 posts

105 months

Monday 13th November 2017
quotequote all
MB02TVR where are you??

My first love. What a car. The sheer joy collecting my first TVR from Str8six was about as good as it ever gets.


Driller

7,196 posts

217 months

Monday 13th November 2017
quotequote all
scorcher said:
Driller said:
scorcher said:
Just checked my old Griffith 500, V49 DGF. SORNED and MOT ran out 05/04/2013. Looks like its been off the road for a while frown
Just checked mine and it said the tax ran out in 2007. What does that mean, could the number plate have been changed to a private one or does the original number follow the car?
If the number you checked isn't assigned to a vehicle it will come up as not recognised so presumably the one you checked should have said which vehicle it was assigned to meaning its been untaxed since 2007.
Oh yeah the description next to the registration was definitely my old griff. So could not registered since 2007 mean anything else than it's been written off or it's sitting in a tattered heap somewhere? frown

pete

1,378 posts

223 months

Tuesday 14th November 2017
quotequote all
I've often wondered where my old Griff 500 is. It was P500 MAD when I owned it, but is now on P605 RBK I believe. Cooper green and magnolia with a roll bar, although I think it was modified quite a bit a couple of years after I sold it. I'd love to see a photo of it now if the owner is out there :-)

Pete

RacerMDR

5,090 posts

149 months

Tuesday 14th November 2017
quotequote all
I miss my Griff 500 (Blue) R52 WPX!!

ian-r

31 posts

120 months

Tuesday 14th November 2017
quotequote all
X436HLL Tuscan

Anyone know where this is now? Know lots of history for her, sadly missed....


IrishTusc

17 posts

47 months

Thursday 16th November 2017
quotequote all
PGNSagaris said:
MB02TVR where are you??

My first love. What a car. The sheer joy collecting my first TVR from Str8six was about as good as it ever gets.

She was so nearly mine - test drove her in 2014 at str8six. It was a toss up between her and another Tuscan, also at str8six. If memory serves me correctly, she had an engine refresh, and the other a complete rebuild to RR spec, new clutch etc

In the end, went for the rebuild...been happy motoring ever since!

2 sMoKiN bArReLs

21,858 posts

174 months

Sunday 19th November 2017
quotequote all
TVR Moneypit said:
M407 EYG

4.0HC Chimaera. Cooper green, Sandstone full hide, T350 seats trimmed to match, black roof, green carpets, additional oil temp gauge mounted in dash next to the clock, new dash veneer, plumbed in OMP fire extinguisher system, new chassis by RT Racing including thicker outriggers, (3mm), powder coated white and painted with black Hammirite over the top. Previously owned by Damien Lewis and me of course hehe Was a minter, but I wonder where she is now?

Anyone know?
Registration: M407EYG

Make: TVR

Vehicle status SORN in place
Tax status Not applicable
MOT status Expired: 26 December 2015
First registered April 1995
Year of manufacture 1995

pete

1,378 posts

223 months

Sunday 19th November 2017
quotequote all
I sold P500 MAD to Fernies in around February 2005 when I bought my Tuscan. I saw it at Chatsworth a couple of years later, much the same as I left it, then saw it at Le Mans once or twice on the RBK plate. Hopefully it’s still out there, terrorising the roads of Britain!

ray von

2,512 posts

191 months

Sunday 19th November 2017
quotequote all
One was here
https://www.pistonheads.com/members/showcar.asp?ca...

One was here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Edgar

The other has disappeared off the face of the earth, went to someone in Bridgend, Wales Sunset pearl Chimaera R766TJR would be nice to know it was still around

tileart

156 posts

14 months

Sunday 18th March 2018
quotequote all
Looking for my late model S1, mercury with oxblood interior. Can't remember who bought it from me (possibly mid-1990s), but I recall it felt more nimble than my later S's, and apart from slow windows I loved it.

Pursyluv

1,659 posts

113 months

Sunday 18th March 2018
quotequote all
Tamora SN03BKG, no history before 09, would be really nice if one of the previous owners would send me it

spitfire4v8

2,771 posts

120 months

Monday 19th March 2018
quotequote all
Daggsy said:
RED 3000M, Cream / Oatmeal interior

STX 598S
This is from when I owned it about 20 years ago smile



Daggsy

780 posts

191 months

Monday 19th March 2018
quotequote all
spitfire4v8 said:
This is from when I owned it about 20 years ago smile


Thanks a lot

I only had 1 x Pic but it was without the model band. I owned it from 1982 - 1984.

Do you know where it might be now ?

spitfire4v8

2,771 posts

120 months

Tuesday 20th March 2018
quotequote all
Sorry I don't know where it is now. I sold it about 15 years ago and it passed through two other owners after me in quick succession then dropped off the radar.

Daggsy

780 posts

191 months

Tuesday 20th March 2018
quotequote all
spitfire4v8 said:
Sorry I don't know where it is now. I sold it about 15 years ago and it passed through two other owners after me in quick succession then dropped off the radar.
Thanks anyway.
Nice to see it again if only in old pics.