!! VMAX VI !!

!! VMAX VI !!

Author
Discussion

dazren

22,612 posts

227 months

Friday 20th August 2004
quotequote all
Didn't realise the record breaking car was a customer car. To think Gareth almost sold it a while ago, but kept scaring would be buyers off with his passenger demos.

DAZ

Adamt

2,808 posts

218 months

Saturday 21st August 2004
quotequote all
bluesatin said:
phatgixer

The ultima factory/Gman may well bring the record braking ultima. How do you fancy your chances?


That would be great if he could bring it, it looks like quite an amazing car...

Im off to malaysia at the begining of the month, but i think that my dad would love to bring the CTR and comprehensively smash the r turbos record.

all the best
adam

GT2 Henry

37 posts

218 months

Saturday 21st August 2004
quotequote all
Adam, you could always fly back home to have your washing done for the VMAX weekend!!

Henry.

>> Edited by GT2 Henry on Saturday 21st August 18:14

Adamt

2,808 posts

218 months

Saturday 21st August 2004
quotequote all
That is a good point Because my washing will definetly need washing lol, make sure you and Guy get loads of video!

all the best
adam

DustyC

12,786 posts

220 months

Sunday 22nd August 2004
quotequote all
MOD500 said:

DustyC said:

Martyn, Id like a passenger ride in your Porker



No problem! But only if you take me in the Griff.....I have never been in one.


Excellent, and no worries.
I want to see how unaccurate my speedo is. I have already seen it go above the official top speed and theat was with the roof down and more throttle to go.
Im guessing the speedo is as much as 20MPH out at the top end.

It also fun watching people go past you like your standing still when you are actually trying!

Marshy

2,718 posts

250 months

Monday 23rd August 2004
quotequote all
Hmmm, I might actually be able to make this one.

Rear tyres now correctly rated? Check.
Self-steering rear end sorted? Check.
Brakes in good health? Check.
Gearbox fault finally cured? Er, no.

Sod it, I'm up for this anyway. I'll get to find out whether there's a limiter up there or if the car peters out (or, indeed, expires) before 155.

adamt

2,808 posts

218 months

Monday 23rd August 2004
quotequote all
Marshy I cant believe it! The time i cant go you are able!

Have fun and good luck!

all the best
adam

rico

7,916 posts

221 months

Monday 23rd August 2004
quotequote all
Hopefully coming with Johnny Senna again if i can get out of London.

Will have just had my 21st birthday so will be a nice birthday present

Will have camcorder ready and raring to go as usual. Fingers crossed for the F40 and Zonda

phatgixer

4,988 posts

215 months

Monday 23rd August 2004
quotequote all
bluesatin said:
phatgixer

The ultima factory/Gman may well bring the record braking ultima. How do you fancy your chances?


I will be blown into the weeds (in the SL65) but the bike will be game on...

The SL65 is a practical everyday car remember. Even so, after we have blasted down the run at over 180mph, I will come back to the gathering area, congratulate the Ultima driver, check the fear in the Weissach Beetle drivers eyes and turn on the telly!!! Hood up, or hood down. Ummm, choices...

W8PMC

3,108 posts

204 months

Monday 23rd August 2004
quotequote all
$hit, i've been away on business for the last week or so & missed this thread. Is their still room? if so please put the beast down for another visit.

How did that soft top advert manage to attach itself to my post?

Any news on the speeds for the last VMAX??

>> Edited by W8PMC on Monday 23 August 13:03

dazren

22,612 posts

227 months

Monday 23rd August 2004
quotequote all
W8PMC said:
$hit, i've been away on business for the last week or so & missed this thread. Is their still room? if so please put the beast down for another visit.

How did that soft top advert manage to attach itself to my post?

Any news on the speeds for the last VMAX??

>> Edited by W8PMC on Monday 23 August 13:03

Paul, I'm sure Craig hasn't reached capacity yet and as a previous driver I'm sure he will find you a space.

Any adverts to the right of your post are randomly generated by PH.

Can't remember the speeds but yours was certainly a revelation from the passenger seat. Hope you don't mind if I point Derestrictor in your direction for a passenger run? We were discussing RS6s at Silverstone a few weeks ago.

DAZ

rjben

916 posts

248 months

Monday 23rd August 2004
quotequote all
I'll definately be up for this. Is there any space left? I'll bering the Cerby along if there is.

Rob

anniesdad

14,589 posts

204 months

Monday 23rd August 2004
quotequote all
Can't promise anything but I may have an interested acquaintance who could bring an F40 along. Are there still places available and I presume passengers are allowed?

Marshy

2,718 posts

250 months

Tuesday 24th August 2004
quotequote all
adamt said:
Marshy I cant believe it! The time i cant go you are able!

Have fun and good luck!


Ah, Murphy's law and all that. But Malaysia (was it?) sounds like more fun than a few drags up a runway. What you up to out there?

whittaker52

1,031 posts

221 months

Tuesday 24th August 2004
quotequote all
rico said:

Will have just had my 21st birthday so will be a nice birthday present

Will have camcorder ready and raring to go as usual. Fingers crossed for the F40 and Zonda


Likewise mate! just hope i can get a ride in now.

burriana500

16,556 posts

220 months

Wednesday 25th August 2004
quotequote all
Martyn said:
MOD500 said:
twidling the spit, Oik, oik.

and...

Only if you take me in the Griff...
MOD.


I really worry about your turn of phrase sometimes Martyn!

Any chance of blagging a lift down with you please? No point me taking mine as L&V won't cover it for any kind of track day. If the space is taken then no probs, or if they don't allow spectators.

al

johnny senna

3,973 posts

238 months

Wednesday 25th August 2004
quotequote all
burriana500 said:
Any chance of blagging a lift down with you please? No point me taking mine as L&V won't cover it for any kind of track day. If the space is taken then no probs, or if they don't allow spectators.

al


I wouldn't worry about insurance at Vmax. The chances of crashing are very very low, especially compared to a normal track day.

slinky

15,704 posts

215 months

Wednesday 25th August 2004
quotequote all
Craig,

Have we any word on spectators as yet?

Or alternatively, can I bag a passenger seat with someone? : pleadingsmiley!:

slinky

>> Edited by slinky on Thursday 26th August 10:21

granville

18,764 posts

227 months

Wednesday 25th August 2004
quotequote all
Given the rather weighty precipitations we seem to be experiencing and the date involved, I wonder if anyone will be towing along a Sunseeker Princess?

We could have whole legions of eminent PHers towed around the bottom bend, behind said craft, on a giallo fly yellow Ibizza-spec, inflatable comedy banana.

Sensible concepts for a conceivably deluged Brunters VI.

johnny senna

3,973 posts

238 months

Wednesday 25th August 2004
quotequote all
derestrictor said:
Given the rather weighty precipitations we seem to be experiencing and the date involved, I wonder if anyone will be towing along a Sunseeker Princess?

We could have whole legions of eminent PHers towed around the bottom bend, behind said craft, on a giallo fly yellow Ibizza-spec, inflatable comedy banana.

Sensible concepts for a conceivably deluged Brunters VI.



I have checked with my brother and he has kindly agreed to lend me a double air bed, which I will use in the event of heavy rain. As I am a strong swimmer, I am prepared to lend any PHer my old arm bands, should they want them.
(Mental note to self.....need new tyres).