Classics left to die/rotting pics - Vol 2

Classics left to die/rotting pics - Vol 2

Author
Discussion

pidsy

7,251 posts

139 months

Tuesday 19th January 2021
quotequote all


Having my car serviced today - spotted these going nowhere next to the unit behind where we were.

Mikebentley

4,276 posts

122 months

Tuesday 19th January 2021
quotequote all

Saw these in Kington Herefordshire on Monday. Couldn’t capture properly but at least 3 Defenders and other cars under brambles opposite a row of cottages.

Lily the Pink

4,836 posts

152 months

Tuesday 19th January 2021
quotequote all
98elise said:
What a collection ! Nash Metropolitan on the left - and is that a Panhard on the right (black with white roof) ?

RATATTAK

7,525 posts

171 months

Tuesday 19th January 2021
quotequote all
Lily the Pink said:
What a collection ! Nash Metropolitan on the left - and is that a Panhard on the right (black with white roof) ?
DKW I think ?

RATATTAK

7,525 posts

171 months

Tuesday 19th January 2021
quotequote all
RATATTAK said:
DKW I think ?
Awaits echo

soxboy

4,814 posts

201 months

Tuesday 19th January 2021
quotequote all
I thought it looked like a Karmann Beetle cabrio

RATATTAK

7,525 posts

171 months

Tuesday 19th January 2021
quotequote all
RATATTAK said:
Lily the Pink said:
What a collection ! Nash Metropolitan on the left - and is that a Panhard on the right (black with white roof) ?
DKW I think ?

RATATTAK

7,525 posts

171 months

Tuesday 19th January 2021
quotequote all
soxboy said:
I thought it looked like a Karmann Beetle cabrio
Yep I see it now - you're correct smile

williamp

18,382 posts

255 months

Tuesday 19th January 2021
quotequote all
98elise said:


At least 3 more l]
And the blue coupe with no boot or rear window: Audi Coupe??

Bodo

11,669 posts

248 months

Wednesday 20th January 2021
quotequote all
98elise said:
Was in the area today so got some photo's

Burnt out Eclat/Excel at the front



Another white Eclat/Excel



At least 3 more Eclat/Excel's

Thank you!

GTRene

13,659 posts

206 months

Wednesday 20th January 2021
quotequote all
and what are those cars under those car covers... those covers also are ripped through the years, but those must be a bit better I guess? why else cover those.



I also see some kind of BMW aftermarket CSL like front spoiler or )2002 or 3.0? coming out under such cover? >



and is that a red Fiat Uno? looks reasonable from this angle, maybe a turbo :-)



hidetheelephants

19,828 posts

175 months

Wednesday 20th January 2021
quotequote all
GTRene said:
and what are those cars under those car covers... those covers also are ripped through the years, but those must be a bit better I guess? why else cover those.

Front left has what looks like a reverse slope rear window, so maybe a Ford Consul Classic?

keeef

259 posts

144 months

Wednesday 20th January 2021
quotequote all
Are the arches part of the rented? property? If so, what, I wonder is in them? Are they deep enough for vehicles?

Stigproducts

1,730 posts

253 months

Wednesday 20th January 2021
quotequote all
hidetheelephants said:
GTRene said:
and what are those cars under those car covers... those covers also are ripped through the years, but those must be a bit better I guess? why else cover those.

Front left has what looks like a reverse slope rear window, so maybe a Ford Consul Classic?
Looks too shallow. Maybe a 914


StescoG66

1,709 posts

125 months

Wednesday 20th January 2021
quotequote all
GTRene said:
and is that a red Fiat Uno? looks reasonable from this angle, maybe a turbo :-)
Looks like a Lupo or Arosa to me

Yertis

16,901 posts

248 months

Wednesday 20th January 2021
quotequote all
williamp said:
And the blue coupe with no boot or rear window: Audi Coupe??
Yes. My uncle had one new, in exactly that colour. Lovely from some angles, awkward from others.

98elise

22,936 posts

143 months

Wednesday 20th January 2021
quotequote all
keeef said:
Are the arches part of the rented? property? If so, what, I wonder is in them? Are they deep enough for vehicles?
They are railway arches with doors on the compound side, so yes, deep enough for more cars.


Yertis

16,901 posts

248 months

Wednesday 20th January 2021
quotequote all
I don't remember Lotus Elites and Eclats being terribly common back in the '70s and '80s, and yet there seem to be loads of them lying around now.

Gompo

4,207 posts

240 months

Wednesday 20th January 2021
quotequote all
StescoG66 said:
GTRene said:
and is that a red Fiat Uno? looks reasonable from this angle, maybe a turbo :-)
Looks like a Lupo or Arosa to me
Looks to be one those from VAG yes, my initial optimistic thought from was a Charade GTTi, but the boot and rear lighting area is totally wrong.

P5BNij

12,436 posts

88 months

Wednesday 20th January 2021
quotequote all
I might be seeing things but the dark coloured coupe right at the back looks like a VW Type 34 or BMW E9 to me....