COOL CLASSIC CAR SPOTTERS POST! (Vol 3)

COOL CLASSIC CAR SPOTTERS POST! (Vol 3)

Author
Discussion

RATATTAK

5,688 posts

136 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
Pothole said:
RATATTAK said:
ess said:
Regularly spotted in The Cut, Waterloo.
Lovely little bit of Gallic goodness.

S

Oooooo, those shut gaps !
It's like a low budget transformer!
Yeah, if that's a classic then so is my backside ... piccies to follow spin

finlo

1,671 posts

150 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
Pothole said:
It's like a low budget transformer!
Hideous, looks like it's melted!

swooshiain

354 posts

44 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
ess said:
ok, ok.... Each to their own I guess.
Definitely cool in my eyes.
Would love to pootle around Londinium in that smile

S
I'm with you, I love that!

Pothole

27,708 posts

229 months

Monday 22nd April
quotequote all
RATATTAK said:
Yeah, if that's a classic then so is my backside ... piccies to follow spin
For me it's the epitome of low budget classic motoring. I love it.

TR4man

3,451 posts

121 months

Monday 22nd April
quotequote all
Nantwich yesterday


Riley Blue

15,430 posts

173 months

Monday 22nd April
quotequote all
swooshiain said:
ess said:
ok, ok.... Each to their own I guess.
Definitely cool in my eyes.
Would love to pootle around Londinium in that smile

S
I'm with you, I love that!
.

Me too. It's one of a handful of French cars I'd happily rattle around town in along with a Renault 4 and Dauphine.

stuartmmcfc

7,007 posts

139 months

Monday 22nd April
quotequote all
P5BNij said:
I showed my Wife this as I’d never seen one before.and fancied one on my Cougar
She wasn’t impressed.
I said I’d like one but I didn’t know where to buy one
“I think the Divorce courts sell them” she replied.
Guess I don’t want one that bad on reflection.

northwestrecovery

127 posts

131 months

Monday 22nd April
quotequote all
stuartmmcfc said:
I showed my Wife this as I’d never seen one before.and fancied one on my Cougar
She wasn’t impressed.
I said I’d like one but I didn’t know where to buy one
“I think the Divorce courts sell them” she replied.
Guess I don’t want one that bad on reflection.
you could try pole dancing yourself , as it sounds like your wife wears the trousers ! .

P5BNij

4,395 posts

53 months

Monday 22nd April
quotequote all
stuartmmcfc said:
P5BNij said:
I showed my Wife this as I’d never seen one before.and fancied one on my Cougar
She wasn’t impressed.
I said I’d like one but I didn’t know where to buy one
“I think the Divorce courts sell them” she replied.
Guess I don’t want one that bad on reflection.
My missus read that over my shoulder earlier and laughed out loud... not sure if she was laughing at you fancying one or your wife's reaction...!

T-195

1,508 posts

8 months

Tuesday 23rd April
quotequote all

T-195

1,508 posts

8 months

Tuesday 23rd April
quotequote all


Has IDS moved in?

Nice car spoiled by England plates.

P5BNij

4,395 posts

53 months

Tuesday 23rd April
quotequote all
T-195 said:
I dare say the box it came in is just as lovely...! Very nice wink

droopsnoot

7,093 posts

189 months

Tuesday 23rd April
quotequote all
TR4man said:
Nantwich yesterday

There's one the same colour parked in a lay-by as you head from Market Drayton to Shrewsbury. I couldn't see the reg as it had a sign against it - it seemed to have towed a butty van to the lay-by.

T-195

1,508 posts

8 months

Tuesday 23rd April
quotequote all
RATATTAK said:
Pothole said:
RATATTAK said:
ess said:
Regularly spotted in The Cut, Waterloo.
Lovely little bit of Gallic goodness.

S

Oooooo, those shut gaps !
It's like a low budget transformer!
Yeah, if that's a classic then so is my backside ... piccies to follow spin
Someone living on The Cut had a Light 15 and some fairly cool DS not that long ago. Clearly a person of taste.

ess

576 posts

125 months

Tuesday 23rd April
quotequote all
RATATTAK said:
Yeah, if that's a classic then so is my backside ... piccies to follow spin
We're all waiting sunshine.

S

ess

576 posts

125 months

Tuesday 23rd April
quotequote all
T-195 said:
Someone living on The Cut had a Light 15 and some fairly cool DS not that long ago. Clearly a person of taste.
I believe this SM crops up regularly on this thread. Roupell Street, just north of The Cut.
Currently living next to a slowing disintegrating DS Safari and a black BX GTi.

Owner likely holed up in the Kings Arms smile

S


RATATTAK

5,688 posts

136 months

Tuesday 23rd April
quotequote all
T-195 said:
RATATTAK said:
Pothole said:
RATATTAK said:
ess said:
Regularly spotted in The Cut, Waterloo.
Lovely little bit of Gallic goodness.

S

Oooooo, those shut gaps !
It's like a low budget transformer!
Yeah, if that's a classic then so is my backside ... piccies to follow spin
Someone living on The Cut had a Light 15 and some fairly cool DS not that long ago. Clearly a person of taste.
My very first car was a Light 15 ... cost me £35 IIRC

dinkel

25,052 posts

205 months

Wednesday 24th April
quotequote all
Yesterday was a good day:

1970 Intermeccanica Italia & 1971 DeTomaso Pantera


High compression Ford 351 Cleveland is a riot!


The Italia roadster - one of only 97 built - has the more docile small block 351 and a tidy five speed gearbox. With about 300 hp on tap the Intermeccanica makes for a great cruiser.

droopsnoot

7,093 posts

189 months

Wednesday 24th April
quotequote all
ess said:
I believe this SM crops up regularly on this thread. Roupell Street, just north of The Cut.
Currently living next to a slowing disintegrating DS Safari and a black BX GTi.
I think these are the ones that appeared in the background of a shot in a series of "Luther", or something like that.

psi310398

5,206 posts

150 months

Wednesday 24th April
quotequote all
droopsnoot said:
ess said:
I believe this SM crops up regularly on this thread. Roupell Street, just north of The Cut.
Currently living next to a slowing disintegrating DS Safari and a black BX GTi.
I think these are the ones that appeared in the background of a shot in a series of "Luther", or something like that.
It was a few years ago that I was last there but I recall that there was a classic Citroen dealer for a long time in (?) Gabriel's Wharf (between Upper Ground and the river bank and between the theatres and the Oxo Tower). There was always a stock of Tractions and DSs parked up. Maybe these cars are his stock or personal transport?