COOL CLASSIC CAR SPOTTERS POST! (Vol 3)

COOL CLASSIC CAR SPOTTERS POST! (Vol 3)

Author
Discussion

RShole

285 posts

27 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
GTRene said:
lol at a tow-hook on such car hahah, did not expect such.


GTRene

12,083 posts

188 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
biggrinthumbup

yellowjack

14,168 posts

130 months

yellowjack

14,168 posts

130 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all

1986 BMW 735. Not sure it counts because it may be garage stock.


Spotted on a driveway in the New Forest. The 26 Engineer Regiment sticker caught my eye, and a chat with the owner's wife confirmed its a veteran of the 1991 Gulf War.

Google [bot]

5,335 posts

145 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
GTRene said:
spotted a red ferrari testarossa cabrio, at a gas station today here in Almelo, I was driving bye one a 2 lane and busy at that time, so could not take a picture, but looked very cool and out of place between all cars from people going home coming from work etc.

never seen one in the wild before.
One being the operative word, I think the factory only ever produced one, though doubtless a few got decapitated.

RATATTAK

6,892 posts

153 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Spotted by Son No.1 in Melbourne yesterday


Dapster

5,064 posts

144 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Google [bot] said:
One being the operative word, I think the factory only ever produced one, though doubtless a few got decapitated.
The factory produced 1 as you say - in silver with blue leather and blue bumper inserts, as a special one off for Agnelli. It sold at auction in 2016 for just over £1m





https://www.autoclassics.com/reviews/413537/ferrar...


But yes, there have been many aftermarket jobs since then, some better than others.

Scott Chivers's Ratarosssa for example is brilliant and his YouTube channel is something else (he's restoring the "left to die" BB512 in his garage)

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/man-wh...



https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ratar...

Zener

17,778 posts

185 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Got to say that looks bloody awful the worst of the 80/90's in solid form frown wouldnt improve in any colour sadly

Edited by Zener on Wednesday 3rd March 15:36

GTRene

12,083 posts

188 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Google [bot] said:
GTRene said:
spotted a red ferrari testarossa cabrio, at a gas station today here in Almelo, I was driving bye one a 2 lane and busy at that time, so could not take a picture, but looked very cool and out of place between all cars from people going home coming from work etc.

never seen one in the wild before.
One being the operative word, I think the factory only ever produced one, though doubtless a few got decapitated.
Don't know, can find more, for example this red one, looks real to me, but could also be one what you spoke off? >>

http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=87720&count...

MarkwG

2,913 posts

153 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
GTRene said:
Google [bot] said:
GTRene said:
spotted a red ferrari testarossa cabrio, at a gas station today here in Almelo, I was driving bye one a 2 lane and busy at that time, so could not take a picture, but looked very cool and out of place between all cars from people going home coming from work etc.

never seen one in the wild before.
One being the operative word, I think the factory only ever produced one, though doubtless a few got decapitated.
Don't know, can find more, for example this red one, looks real to me, but could also be one what you spoke off? >>

http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=87720&count...
There's only one officially built by Ferrari, the silver car for Agnelli. Others were converted - such as the red one.

348jeff

77 posts

91 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
The same car was part of he Ferrari design exhibition a couple of years ago - snapped these 3 photos






TR4man

4,158 posts

138 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
348jeff said:
Michael Jackson had one apparently done by coachbuilder Straman
If ever there was a reason not to have one...

MiltonBaines

1,227 posts

216 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
DK Engineering had it in for a service last month, so at least it's being used a little and isn't just a static display car permanently.

Dapster

5,064 posts

144 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
For all its factory provenance and one off £1m Agnelli fairy dust, the rear deck of the factory car looks like it was knocked up in a shed compared to the home made specials which look like they use the deck straight from the coupe







Edited by Dapster on Friday 5th March 09:58

Its Just Adz

10,189 posts

173 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
Would this belong in this topic?


Doofus

15,154 posts

137 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
Its Just Adz said:
Would this belong in this topic?

:canofworms:

Muddle238

2,428 posts

77 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
Not sure the Discovery 2 is considered a classic yet, although bonus points if it was the V8

MarkwG

2,913 posts

153 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
Doofus said:
Its Just Adz said:
Would this belong in this topic?

:canofworms:
If it was a proper GSi, perhaps: if it was still a 1.0 Merit, perhaps not: since it's actually neither, I'm going with nope, should be in the modified thread smile

4rephill

4,632 posts

142 months

Saturday 6th March
quotequote all
Dapster said:
For all its factory provenance and one off £1m Agnelli fairy dust, the rear deck of the factory car looks like it was knocked up in a shed compared to the home made specials which look like they use the deck straight from the coupe







Edited by Dapster on Friday 5th March 09:58
It was built to Agnelli's specification - As I understand it, he didn't want the engine cover to simply look like a cut apart standard cover.

It also has a unique party trick that no other Testarossa can do:

It can be driven as a standard three pedal manual, or, at the flick of a switch, the clutch pedal retracts under the dashboard, and the car can be driven as a two pedal semi-automatic, using a Valeo system that senses the gear lever moving, and operates the clutch automatically.

This was done to assist Agnelli, who had suffered a leg injury, and found operating clutch pedals difficult/uncomfortable.

(Agnelli's personal F40 also had the Valeo transmission [without the manual option], making it the only semi-automatic gearbox F40 ever made)