COOL CLASSIC CAR SPOTTERS POST! (Vol 3)

COOL CLASSIC CAR SPOTTERS POST! (Vol 3)

Author
Discussion

Notwen

773 posts

198 months

Friday 12th July 2019
quotequote all
bolidemichael said:
What was the google search, our of interest?
Just the number plate with no spaces.

Elderly

3,055 posts

193 months

Friday 12th July 2019
quotequote all
DickyC said:
Approaching White City on the A40?
No - near Aylesbury.

DickyC

37,784 posts

153 months

Friday 12th July 2019
quotequote all
Elderly said:
DickyC said:
Approaching White City on the A40?
No - near Aylesbury.
Only 40 miles out.

Quite good by my standards.

TwilightJohnny

514 posts

165 months

Saturday 13th July 2019
quotequote all
Another visit from my favourite customer:







Dapster

3,807 posts

135 months

Saturday 13th July 2019
quotequote all
TwilightJohnny said:
Another visit from my favourite customer:

If Spa ever did any research on what cars the customers of their own label breaded ham drive.....

bolidemichael

3,132 posts

156 months

Saturday 13th July 2019
quotequote all
Dapster said:
TwilightJohnny said:
Another visit from my favourite customer:

If Spa ever did any research on what cars the customers of their own label breaded ham drive.....
Random... but funny!

Doofus

11,982 posts

128 months

Saturday 13th July 2019
quotequote all
Dapster said:
TwilightJohnny said:
Another visit from my favourite customer:

If Spa ever did any research on what cars the customers of their own label breaded ham drive.....
I was struggling with this until I realised that you meant Spar! smile

It reminds me of a magazine ad from forty-odd years ago where the packet of ham was 20 Rothmans.

MiltonBaines

1,140 posts

207 months

Saturday 13th July 2019
quotequote all
Lily the Pink said:
MiltonBaines said:
Are those genuine American period vehicles, or modern recreations/replicas ?
All genuine. Renault ( i think) lorry tucked in bedind them too.

rene7

279 posts

38 months

Sunday 14th July 2019
quotequote all
The Ultimate Cool Classic car to spot IMO
>

>
>
Speechlessthumbup

john2443

4,819 posts

166 months

Sunday 14th July 2019
quotequote all
Naunton classic show today, one of the weirdest things I've seen.




There's a dish on the front of the propshaft and another on the back of the engine one drives the other through friction and the 3 cyl radial engine pivots to change the gear ratio. When the engine is horizontal it's direct drive. Mad!





Isimmo

1,111 posts

126 months

Sunday 14th July 2019
quotequote all
rene7 said:
The Ultimate Cool Classic car to spot IMO
>

>
>
Speechlessthumbup
6,500 miles since new. Financially a goldmine... From an engineering and ethical viewpoint, a travesty, because such a superb car hasn’t fulfilled what it was conceived for.

Doofus

11,982 posts

128 months

Sunday 14th July 2019
quotequote all
john2443 said:
Naunton classic show today, one of the weirdest things I've seen.
It's a bit of a shame that none of us have seen it really...

EarlofDrift

2,714 posts

63 months

Monday 15th July 2019
quotequote all
TwilightJohnny said:
Another visit from my favourite customer:





Looks genuine to me

Dapster

3,807 posts

135 months

Monday 15th July 2019
quotequote all
Stumbled on this in Highgate this morning





Extra cooling in the front valence, twin pipes and massive arches suggest not all is standard here but I know nothing else. Has all amber US style front indicator units as well despite being RHD.

Edited by Dapster on Monday 15th July 10:32

CanAm

5,467 posts

227 months

Monday 15th July 2019
quotequote all
Dapster said:
Stumbled on this in Highgate this morning



Extra cooling in the front valence, twin pipes and massive arches suggest not all is standard here but I know nothing else. Has all amber US style front indicator units as well despite being RHD.
A 3.6 litre engine for starters according to DVLA.

P5BNij

5,509 posts

61 months

Monday 15th July 2019
quotequote all
Saw several classics on the M1 in Leicestershire yesterday, no pics sadly but most surprising was seeing two c.1970 Ford Zephyr MkIVs (the square shape one seen in 'Z Cars' etc), one of them had been converted into a campervan and was towing a large trailer. Shortly afterwards I overtook what looked like a Daimler Conquest heading north, finished in a beautiful shade of metallic 'sable' brown.

Jezza30

205 posts

134 months

Monday 15th July 2019
quotequote all
EarlofDrift said:
TwilightJohnny said:
Another visit from my favourite customer:





Looks genuine to me
Looks like an SD1 replica to me?

Sticks.

5,915 posts

206 months

Monday 15th July 2019
quotequote all
Jezza30 said:
EarlofDrift said:
TwilightJohnny said:
Another visit from my favourite customer:





Looks genuine to me
Looks like an SD1 replica to me?
From memory we thought it the other way around at the time.

Dapster

3,807 posts

135 months

Monday 15th July 2019
quotequote all
Sticks. said:
From memory we thought it the other way around at the time.
It was listed at COYS last year. Seems absurdly cheap for an orginal. Reg 113 ANO

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/ferrari/365-c...

OLDBENZ

226 posts

91 months

Monday 15th July 2019
quotequote all
Dapster said:
Sticks. said:
From memory we thought it the other way around at the time.
It was listed at COYS last year. Seems absurdly cheap for an orginal. Reg 113 ANO

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/ferrari/365-c...
The Coys Ascot Auction was in 2012 not 2018 so price was about right.