Official MINI photo thread!

Official MINI photo thread!

Author
Discussion

GaryF

744 posts

209 months

Monday 29th June
quotequote all
Looks good!

What's the score with the exhaust tips - are they clamped on? I have a JCW and I think they are part-and-parcel of the back section.

What about the remaining chrome bits? Not tempted to go to the dark side? smile

rigga

6,530 posts

157 months

Monday 29th June
quotequote all
Jcw box on mine (factory without the jcw logo) they just slip on and are secured with hidden grub screws.

Handles and fuel filler covers are in the post currently wink
Then I've got a spare set of xenon Headlamps in the garage I'm planning on Joey mod, and paint the xenon ring red, looks wise then I'm done.

GaryF

744 posts

209 months

Monday 29th June
quotequote all
Good work, all in hand then smile

What sort of money are the F56 exaust tips and are they a nice snug fit over the standard R56 JCW exhaust?

Edited by GaryF on Monday 29th June 16:59

rigga

6,530 posts

157 months

Monday 29th June
quotequote all
https://www.killallchrome.co.uk/product/mini-gen-2...

£152 but you get 10% off if you use promo code minibitz10 fit really snug over the jcw pipes, look well made in either gloss or matt carbon.

GaryF

744 posts

209 months

Tuesday 30th June
quotequote all
Thanks - will resist. For now...

MrC986

2,633 posts

147 months

Tuesday 30th June
quotequote all


Bedford a couple of years ago when enjoying the air con on a very hot day. The car had KWs, a decat & Milltek exhaust, uprated intercooler, remap & ADO8Rs plus some uprated pads driving

vigoro

101 posts

118 months

Saturday 4th July
quotequote all
Picked this up yesterday, seems quite fun to drive so far!


Matt97

560 posts

84 months

Monday 13th July
quotequote all
I took a trip over into Wales on Sunday which was enjoyable, nice to finally cover some good miles in the car again!




rigga

6,530 posts

157 months

Sunday 19th July
quotequote all
Got rid of the last of the chrome bits



And a subtle touch on the wing


GaryF

744 posts

209 months

Tuesday 21st July
quotequote all
G4 Gtechniq on the black trim.



rigga

6,530 posts

157 months

Tuesday 21st July
quotequote all
How long will it stay like that?
I generally only wipe the black bits with WD40 or back to black if I have a tin lying about.

TameRacingDriver

13,290 posts

228 months

Tuesday 21st July
quotequote all


Radiator decided it had enough in the middle of a hoon.

cerb4.5lee

15,646 posts

136 months

Tuesday 21st July
quotequote all
TameRacingDriver said:
Radiator decided it had enough in the middle of a hoon.
frown

My TVR always enjoyed going for a ride on those if that's any consolation, so I do know how you feel.

GaryF

744 posts

209 months

Tuesday 21st July
quotequote all
rigga said:
How long will it stay like that?
I generally only wipe the black bits with WD40 or back to black if I have a tin lying about.
Not quite sure. This is the first time I have tried it. Most of the stuff I've used before has been naff, the best being Meguiars Ultimate Black.

The G4 Gtechnic blurb says it lasts 'up to two years' and does have some good reviews. It is quite expensive at around £22 for a tiny 15ml vial - all of which I used in one go. I did get to do all exterior plastics though incuding grilles (via a paint brush). Will report back how it stands up to rain and washing.

Edited by GaryF on Tuesday 21st July 22:59

Nicolamarie

6 posts

2 months

Wednesday 22nd July
quotequote all


R52 post lock down drive

Maracus

3,538 posts

124 months

Thursday 23rd July
quotequote all
GaryF said:
rigga said:
How long will it stay like that?
I generally only wipe the black bits with WD40 or back to black if I have a tin lying about.
Not quite sure. This is the first time I have tried it. Most of the stuff I've used before has been naff, the best being Meguiars Ultimate Black.

The G4 Gtechnic blurb says it lasts 'up to two years' and does have some good reviews. It is quite expensive at around £22 for a tiny 15ml vial - all of which I used in one go. I did get to do all exterior plastics though incuding grilles (via a paint brush). Will report back how it stands up to rain and washing.

Edited by GaryF on Tuesday 21st July 22:59
I've been using black shoe polish with the sponge, works a treat. Very, very long lasting.

itsnotarace

4,412 posts

165 months

Thursday 23rd July
quotequote all
^^ Thats a good tip thanks, been fed up of reapplying back to black every couple of months so will give that a try

Tashadog

2 posts

33 months

Saturday 1st August
quotequote all
Hi all

First time Mini owner, collected yesterday. Was under orders from SWMBO to get a more practical car but still needed to be fun!

Surprised how sterile it's cousin, BMW X2 M35i, was in comparison.