advice needed

advice needed

Author
Discussion

maserati3200gt

Original Poster:

1,576 posts

203 months

Tuesday 28th February 2006
quotequote all
Just found out that after 10 days of ownership from a main BMW / MINI dealership that our JCW Mini does not have a calibrated ecu therefore after paying £3,700 for the works kit the bmw dealer failed to reflash the ecu correctly.

Secondly the radiator was virtually empty and finally the front body kit was half an inch out at the front.

What would you guys do if you found this out ?
Much appreciated as the main dealer is not budging and im seriously pd off.

Note : we have two other cars on order with them which I have cancelled today due to the attitude of the service manager.

1) An additional Mini Cooper Sport
2) BMW 7 Series



ngr

331 posts

208 months

Tuesday 28th February 2006
quotequote all
Do you mean they have'nt sorted the problems?

Used to work in a bmw dealer years ago the best way to get things sorted was to go staight to the dealer principal and don't give up complaining !!

maserati3200gt

Original Poster:

1,576 posts

203 months

Tuesday 28th February 2006
quotequote all
ngr said:
Do you mean they have'nt sorted the problems?

Used to work in a bmw dealer years ago the best way to get things sorted was to go staight to the dealer principal and don't give up complaining !!


They offered to but I have a problem with the fact that the car should have been not only visually checked but physically before delivery.
The car is now at JCW for the 225 conversion who raised the concerns after we mentioned the lack of power on on the conversion.

lemmonie

6,311 posts

224 months

Wednesday 8th March 2006
quotequote all
So what exactly is the reason for the main dealer not playing ball and agreeing to have this repaired exactly?

mikeyboy

5,018 posts

204 months

Thursday 9th March 2006
quotequote all
I've got a Cooper and when I took it in recently to get a recall sorted out they gave it back with a couple of the sensors not working as well as they had. Their response was that in the week since it had left them and I had managed to get a slot for them to look at it it had gone out of warranty and therefore to look at it would be £120 whether it was their fault or not! If it was they'd pay for the repairs and if not they would then fix it..for another £120 ph.
Was not impressed. First of all if the problem had started since leaving them was it just a coincidence? Second of all to pull the warranty issue because the car couldn't be booked in until it ran out was just plain bad. Do they not understand the concept of good will?

I got the distinct impression that the Mini owners are looked down on by BMW dealers for having the temerity to buy a cheap BMW ( but still feel we're wealthy enough to pay the BMW labour costs)and as a result we have to put up with a poorer service.

Naughty Magpie

1,484 posts

207 months

Thursday 9th March 2006
quotequote all
mikeyboy said:
I got the distinct impression that the Mini owners are looked down on by BMW dealers for having the temerity to buy a cheap BMW ( but still feel we're wealthy enough to pay the BMW labour costs)and as a result we have to put up with a poorer service.


Exactly - agree with you MikeyBoy.

maserati3200gt

Original Poster:

1,576 posts

203 months

Thursday 9th March 2006
quotequote all
Naughty Magpie said:
mikeyboy said:
I got the distinct impression that the Mini owners are looked down on by BMW dealers for having the temerity to buy a cheap BMW ( but still feel we're wealthy enough to pay the BMW labour costs)and as a result we have to put up with a poorer service.


Exactly - agree with you MikeyBoy.


Yeah But I threw a spanner in the works when I purchased an M3 Convertible from them and cancelled another two order for a mini and 745 series. This woke them up! the arrogant sods!
Raised hell with one of the directors of this particular main dealership and we agreed a solution over two years.
Shame really but believe it or not a far better service than the ws at the New Forest with maserati who by far were the worst car main car dealers I ever had the misfortune to deal with.
Needless to say my Mini's are now serviced by JCW period.

mikeyboy

5,018 posts

204 months

Friday 10th March 2006
quotequote all
maserati3200gt said:
Yeah But I threw a spanner in the works when I purchased an M3 Convertible from them and cancelled another two order for a mini and 745 series. This woke them up! the arrogant sods!
Raised hell with one of the directors of this particular main dealership and we agreed a solution over two years.

Good for you! I was capable of upgrading to an M3 over the course of the year, not that they knew that of course but couldn't help thinking that if this was their practice on a car that cost 12k what sort of tricks would they pull if it cost 42k? Decided to go to an independant for the fix and get a Porsche instead.