78th Members Meeting

78th Members Meeting

Author
Discussion

ecsrobin

Original Poster:

10,750 posts

120 months

Tuesday 7th January
quotequote all
Ian Wegg said:
Not all members Robin, nothing from the GRRC has landed on my Axminster since last November!
I’ve had emails and the last post was the dot to dot.

ukaskew

5,874 posts

176 months

Friday 17th January
quotequote all
My fellowship expired a year ago and I got the promotional stuff through for this including the Group B dot to dot, are they struggling to sell out to members again?

ecsrobin

Original Poster:

10,750 posts

120 months

Friday 17th January
quotequote all
ukaskew said:
My fellowship expired a year ago and I got the promotional stuff through for this including the Group B dot to dot, are they struggling to sell out to members again?
The email I got this week suggests ticket sales are beyond where they normally are for this time of year based on previous events.

Ean218

1,639 posts

205 months

Tuesday 21st January
quotequote all
Looks like Goodwood have really pulled their finger out this year. I received my badges for the MM in yesterday's post.

In previous years it has been as late as the Monday before.

ecsrobin

Original Poster:

10,750 posts

120 months

Tuesday 21st January
quotequote all
Ean218 said:
Looks like Goodwood have really pulled their finger out this year. I received my badges for the MM in yesterday's post.

In previous years it has been as late as the Monday before.
Reminds me I actually need to collect mine. Annoyingly I’m in Chichester the next couple of weeks but after the ticket office is closed so will need to find a good track day to go and watch.

Simes205

3,543 posts

183 months

Tuesday 21st January
quotequote all
Ean218 said:
Looks like Goodwood have really pulled their finger out this year. I received my badges for the MM in yesterday's post.

In previous years it has been as late as the Monday before.
Got mine last year!!

Ian Wegg

512 posts

95 months

Wednesday 22nd January
quotequote all
It's always a lottery with Goodwood. I ordered my tickets last October but not a sign of them yet, in other years they've arrived within days.

ecsrobin

Original Poster:

10,750 posts

120 months

Dr Nookie

160 posts

155 months

Thursday 6th February
quotequote all
t.boydy said:



1962 Triumph TR4, originally built by Triumph America for the 1963 12 hours of Sebring

Pic is from last years revival where it qualified pole for the Fordwater trophy and finished 3rd in the race
Tremendous.

Chopper01

85 posts

123 months

Saturday 22nd February
quotequote all
Simes205 said:
Ean218 said:
Looks like Goodwood have really pulled their finger out this year. I received my badges for the MM in yesterday's post.

In previous years it has been as late as the Monday before.
Got mine last year!!
Same, mine came through very quickly this year

andy tims

5,056 posts

201 months

Monday 2nd March
quotequote all
I'm expecting this to be cancelled or at the least postponed, given the cancellation of Sunday's (yesterday) breakfast club on the basis that all the car parking fields were too wet.
Unless we get a very dry spell between now & the end of the month they will still be sodden given the clay rich soil.

ecsrobin

Original Poster:

10,750 posts

120 months

Monday 2nd March
quotequote all
andy tims said:
I'm expecting this to be cancelled or at the least postponed, given the cancellation of Sunday's (yesterday) breakfast club on the basis that all the car parking fields were too wet.
Unless we get a very dry spell between now & the end of the month they will still be sodden given the clay rich soil.
The purpose of the cancelling yesterday’s event was to enable the MM to go ahead without any existing damage to the fields.

Stephanie Plum

2,586 posts

166 months

Monday 2nd March
quotequote all
The weather won't cancel it so don't go thinking it will. Coronavirus just might, but it would go down to the wire methinks.

Simes205

3,543 posts

183 months

Monday 2nd March
quotequote all
ecsrobin said:
andy tims said:
I'm expecting this to be cancelled or at the least postponed, given the cancellation of Sunday's (yesterday) breakfast club on the basis that all the car parking fields were too wet.
Unless we get a very dry spell between now & the end of the month they will still be sodden given the clay rich soil.
The purpose of the cancelling yesterday’s event was to enable the MM to go ahead without any existing damage to the fields.
Remember mm76?
I almost beached my then E91 in the car park on muddy ruts!

Basil1903

91 posts

89 months

Tuesday 3rd March
quotequote all
MM should be ok to go ahead - more worried that the FOS will be cancelled although its still along way off. Doubt we will have as many foreign visitors

Oldred_V8S

3,557 posts

193 months

Thursday 5th March
quotequote all
ecsrobin said:
Dates have been announced as 4-5 April 2020.

Tickets go on sale next month for members and fellowship in September.
Does anyone know why it was moved back after sending out an email giving firm dates? I booked a holiday the previous week and then they went and moved the MM back a week, so now I cannot go rage

After the decision to move all future meetings forward by two weeks to avoid the type of weather seen at the 76th MM, I can't see why the then moved this one back by a week.

Not impressed with Goodwood especially as they issued an email that said "Following your overwhelmingly positive feedback around moving the Members' Meeting to April, we are delighted to confirm that the GRRC-only 78th Members’ Meeting will be held on 4-5 April, 2020”

NickUSA

755 posts

122 months

Thursday 5th March
quotequote all
Oldred_V8S said:
ecsrobin said:
Dates have been announced as 4-5 April 2020.

Tickets go on sale next month for members and fellowship in September.
Does anyone know why it was moved back after sending out an email giving firm dates? I booked a holiday the previous week and then they went and moved the MM back a week, so now I cannot go rage

After the decision to move all future meetings forward by two weeks to avoid the type of weather seen at the 76th MM, I can't see why the then moved this one back by a week.

Not impressed with Goodwood especially as they issued an email that said "Following your overwhelmingly positive feedback around moving the Members' Meeting to April, we are delighted to confirm that the GRRC-only 78th Members’ Meeting will be held on 4-5 April, 2020”
There is nothing about a date change on the Goodwood website, nor have I received an email

ecsrobin

Original Poster:

10,750 posts

120 months

Thursday 5th March
quotequote all
NickUSA said:
There is nothing about a date change on the Goodwood website, nor have I received an email
There is.

Back in September that happened due to the F1 calendar. With all Goodwood events until the F1 calendar is published I wouldn’t purchase tickets.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.goodwood.com/grr/...

No ideas for a name

704 posts

41 months

Thursday 5th March
quotequote all
See the second posting in this thread (mine).

I am still mad with it. I don't think I will be going unfortunately.

pablo

14,949 posts

228 months

Friday 6th March
quotequote all
Provisional timetable is out, always worth a look on BARC website for an entry list and FIs if that interests you....
https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-coverage/member...