2022 Breakfast Clubs

2022 Breakfast Clubs

Author
Discussion

North West Tom

11,310 posts

154 months

Thursday 28th April
quotequote all
I'll be visiting for the first time this weekend - looking forward to it.

Does anyone know where the car park is? I asked customer services for a postcode and they sent a site map which I've already seen, which shows neither the car park nor a postcode rolleyes

I'm going to guess that Gate 11 'vehicle access' (top of the map) is parking? If so, does anyone know how to get there? I would rather not turn up unaware and have to follow road signs or pointing people.

https://www.goodwood.com/globalassets/motorsport/m...

RichB

47,121 posts

261 months

Thursday 28th April
quotequote all
North West Tom said:
I'll be visiting for the first time this weekend - looking forward to it. Does anyone know where the car park is?
Do you have a 'Grid Pass' or 'Circuit Pass' for your car in which case yes, you will be directed to the main gate for vehicle access. If you are attending as a visitor you will be parked in the field on the other side of the road. There will be signs and marshals everywhere so just to follow the signs and directions.

p.s. It will be very busy, Supercar Sunday is always the busiest one with lots of kids videoing everything that moves with their phones! rofl

North West Tom

11,310 posts

154 months

Thursday 28th April
quotequote all
RichB said:
North West Tom said:
I'll be visiting for the first time this weekend - looking forward to it. Does anyone know where the car park is?
Do you have a 'Grid Pass' or 'Circuit Pass' for your car in which case yes, you will be directed to the main gate for vehicle access. If you are attending as a visitor you will be parked in the field on the other side of the road. There will be signs and marshals everywhere so just to follow the signs and directions.

p.s. It will be very busy, Supercar Sunday is always the busiest one with lots of kids videoing everything that moves with their phones! rofl
Sorry should have clarified - I'm attending as a spectator. Thanks for the info!

RichB

47,121 posts

261 months

Thursday 28th April
quotequote all
North West Tom said:
RichB said:
North West Tom said:
I'll be visiting for the first time this weekend - looking forward to it. Does anyone know where the car park is?
Do you have a 'Grid Pass' or 'Circuit Pass' for your car in which case yes, you will be directed to the main gate for vehicle access. If you are attending as a visitor you will be parked in the field on the other side of the road. There will be signs and marshals everywhere so just to follow the signs and directions.
p.s. It will be very busy, Supercar Sunday is always the busiest one with lots of kids videoing everything that moves with their phones! rofl
Sorry should have clarified - I'm attending as a spectator. Thanks for the info!
In which case set you satnav to PO18 0PH and you will almost certainly get directed into car park C


ecsrobin

14,496 posts

142 months

Thursday 28th April
quotequote all
North West Tom said:
I'll be visiting for the first time this weekend - looking forward to it.

Does anyone know where the car park is? I asked customer services for a postcode and they sent a site map which I've already seen, which shows neither the car park nor a postcode rolleyes

I'm going to guess that Gate 11 'vehicle access' (top of the map) is parking? If so, does anyone know how to get there? I would rather not turn up unaware and have to follow road signs or pointing people.

https://www.goodwood.com/globalassets/motorsport/m...
Just follow the traffic jam.

steve2

1,668 posts

195 months

Friday 29th April
quotequote all
And watch out for speed cameras, they will be out for sure

Sporall

449 posts

168 months

Sunday 1st May
quotequote all
Typically poor planning on my part - overlooked booking a ticket banghead

Goodwood site says they're available but then tells me there aren't enough tickets available confused


Going on a motorcycle so may take a chance and see if I get waived into the circuit car park as they used to.



Edited by Sporall on Sunday 1st May 00:27

frit

65 posts

160 months

Sunday 1st May
quotequote all
Sporall said:
Typically poor planning on my part - overlooked booking a ticket banghead

Goodwood site says they're available but then tells me there aren't enough tickets available confused


Going on a motorcycle so may take a chance and see if I get waived into the circuit car park as they used to.



Edited by Sporall on Sunday 1st May 00:27
I did similar, could only book myself on and not the gf and never got round to getting her to do it too, now no availability. So I won't be going. Pm your email address and I'll send mine over if you still want it

The Hypno-Toad

11,231 posts

182 months

Sunday 1st May
quotequote all
If you at the event at the moment, do not try to leave it’s pointless. The queue in the car park is mental, there is an accident somewhere. I got I into my car 3/4 of an hour and have moved forward four cars.

Stay in the event!

Bluedot

3,066 posts

84 months

Sunday 1st May
quotequote all
Sporall said:
Goodwood site says they're available but then tells me there aren't enough tickets available
Only just seen this, you have to book one ticket per person.
My wife just created an account and booked her own (actually that's a lie, I did it all for her and just gave her the ticket).

On a separate note, went along this morning. Thoroughly enjoyable as always, so many 30 somethings jumping out of Lambos and McLarens, I'm doing something wrong somewhere! rolleyes

So so busy though, don't think I've ever seen it that busy. Left about 10.15 and just drove straight out, lucky we did by the sounds of it.

F1JHerbert

537 posts

142 months

Monday 2nd May
quotequote all
Link to my photographs from yesterday's breakfast club

https://www.flickr.com/photos/helensanders/albums/...

The spinner of plates

16,222 posts

177 months

Monday 2nd May
quotequote all
F1JHerbert said:
Link to my photographs from yesterday's breakfast club

https://www.flickr.com/photos/helensanders/albums/...
Nice shots smile

Japcreation

94 posts

65 months

Tuesday 3rd May
quotequote all
Bluedot said:
Thoroughly enjoyable as always, so many 30 somethings jumping out of Lambos and McLarens, I'm doing something wrong somewhere! rolleyes
I had a similar thought as a person in their late fourties, but as I always tell my son, just because you drive or live in something fancy, it doesn't mean you own it. Fair play to the people that are living out their motoring dreams, whichever way you do it.

Did you see the two guys that got into the Koenigsegg on the grid? I would be amazed if they were out of their twenties yet!!

Awesome turn out with a huge variety on display.

tonymor

1,379 posts

149 months

Tuesday 3rd May
quotequote all
It was an amazing turnout. From a marshalling perspective hectic sums it up. Good atmosphere as usual. The June one should be interesting also.

benp1

18 posts

97 months

Friday 6th May
quotequote all
I was there on Sunday, was an enjoyable morning. Personally I preferred the last one, which was a 90s one, but this was still good, my 10yo son loved it

I was surprised by how many non-supercar (in my view) cars were there - 911s, Nissan GTRs, Lotuses, TVRs. Nothing wrong with the cars, just didn't think they'd met the brief

ecsrobin

14,496 posts

142 months

Friday 6th May
quotequote all
benp1 said:
I was there on Sunday, was an enjoyable morning. Personally I preferred the last one, which was a 90s one, but this was still good, my 10yo son loved it

I was surprised by how many non-supercar (in my view) cars were there - 911s, Nissan GTRs, Lotuses, TVRs. Nothing wrong with the cars, just didn't think they'd met the brief
Goodwood have always been bad for this. I had always considered a 911 GT2/3 RS to be the it’s not a supercar but it’s worth being there mindset but even I thought there were a few too many.

How the 959 was in a paddock and not on the grid though is beyond me!

The spinner of plates

16,222 posts

177 months

Friday 6th May
quotequote all
ecsrobin said:
benp1 said:
I was there on Sunday, was an enjoyable morning. Personally I preferred the last one, which was a 90s one, but this was still good, my 10yo son loved it

I was surprised by how many non-supercar (in my view) cars were there - 911s, Nissan GTRs, Lotuses, TVRs. Nothing wrong with the cars, just didn't think they'd met the brief
Goodwood have always been bad for this. I had always considered a 911 GT2/3 RS to be the it’s not a supercar but it’s worth being there mindset but even I thought there were a few too many.

How the 959 was in a paddock and not on the grid though is beyond me!
There was a 959 there!?!
Damn..

ecsrobin

14,496 posts

142 months

Friday 6th May
quotequote all
The spinner of plates said:
There was a 959 there!?!
Damn..

benp1

18 posts

97 months

Friday 6th May
quotequote all
959 in the paddock and Carrera GT near the Koenigsegg by the jacket steward building. The only Porsches there that I thought should have been there. Lots of nice 911s but didn't count as a supercar in my book (e.g. GT3s)

The 959 was silver and the way it was parked, it would be very easy to walk past

I have to say, if I had a special car parked up with people crowding around it, I'd be a bit worried about scratches and scuffs from zips/bags as people walk past


ecsrobin

14,496 posts

142 months

Friday 6th May
quotequote all
benp1 said:
959 in the paddock and Carrera GT near the Koenigsegg by the jacket steward building. The only Porsches there that I thought should have been there. Lots of nice 911s but didn't count as a supercar in my book (e.g. GT3s)

The 959 was silver and the way it was parked, it would be very easy to walk past

I have to say, if I had a special car parked up with people crowding around it, I'd be a bit worried about scratches and scuffs from zips/bags as people walk past
There were 3 GT’s