Hi There

Author
Discussion

NightStalker_ZA

Original Poster:

15 posts

36 months

Friday 17th November 2017
quotequote all
Hi Guys,

New here, decided to broaden my views to international forums and this one definitely intrigued me the most.

Looking forward to having some awesome car chats and sharing of information.


yorky500

1,708 posts

150 months

Friday 8th December 2017
quotequote all
Welcome, however, its an extremely quiet Section of PH.

Where are you based in SA?

NightStalker_ZA

Original Poster:

15 posts

36 months

Friday 8th December 2017
quotequote all
Hi yea I see that,

I'm on the east rand but moving down to Sunny and dry Cape Town soon.


yorky500

1,708 posts

150 months

Friday 8th December 2017
quotequote all
I am in KZN but currently working in Ghana

NightStalker_ZA said:
Hi yea I see that,

I'm on the east rand but moving down to Sunny and dry Cape Town soon.

Pints

18,442 posts

153 months

Tuesday 16th January 2018
quotequote all
NightStalker_ZA said:
Hi yea I see that,

I'm on the east rand but moving down to Sunny and dry Cape Town soon.
I assume you're in CT now. Is the water situation as bad as it sounds?

NightStalker_ZA

Original Poster:

15 posts

36 months

Tuesday 16th January 2018
quotequote all
Pints said:
I assume you're in CT now. Is the water situation as bad as it sounds?
Hi Pints.

Was there over December, moving end of March but yes it is definitely as bad as the news reported.
Took a drive past one of the major dams and was really shocked at the dam's level vs last year same time.

Not a pretty sight at all, going down to go play survivor until rainy season starts again.Just hope it is before day zero arrives

rs1952

5,241 posts

218 months

Tuesday 16th January 2018
quotequote all
Pints said:
I assume you're in CT now. Is the water situation as bad as it sounds?
I'm in Fish Hoek at the moment and yes, the water situation is as bad as it sounds.

Some households are having it cut off for periods of the day, but we haven't got to standpipes in the street just yet.


NightStalker_ZA

Original Poster:

15 posts

36 months

Wednesday 17th January 2018
quotequote all
rs1952 said:
I'm in Fish Hoek at the moment and yes, the water situation is as bad as it sounds.

Some households are having it cut off for periods of the day, but we haven't got to standpipes in the street just yet.
Oh wow, yea I'm big time worried about the water situation moving down.
+- when does the rainy season start down there?

rs1952

5,241 posts

218 months

Thursday 18th January 2018
quotequote all
NightStalker_ZA said:
rs1952 said:
I'm in Fish Hoek at the moment and yes, the water situation is as bad as it sounds.

Some households are having it cut off for periods of the day, but we haven't got to standpipes in the street just yet.
Oh wow, yea I'm big time worried about the water situation moving down.
+- when does the rainy season start down there?
The rainy season is generally in the winter but I'm never here to see it smile

In other news, the radio today was reporting level 6 waeer restrictions are likely to be imposed on 1st February. This will restrict everybody to 50 litres a day each (and when you consider how much you use when you flush a toilet it's time for clothes pegs and plugs...)

I shall be doing my bit for the shortage by flying back to the UK on 28th February and leaving my "ration" to others smile

yorky500

1,708 posts

150 months

Thursday 25th January 2018
quotequote all
Thankfully I am in KZN and right next to Midmar Dam which is looking pretty full at the minute, I have to admit.

NightStalker_ZA

Original Poster:

15 posts

36 months

Thursday 25th January 2018
quotequote all
Heard this morning that day zero moved to 9 days earlier. Now 12 April.

Going to move there and a week and a half later ... no water.
Baby Wipes for days

yorky500

1,708 posts

150 months

Friday 2nd February 2018
quotequote all
Close to 60mm of rain in the past 3 days for us in KZN midlands. Forecast is for more to come as well.

Pints

18,442 posts

153 months

Saturday 24th February 2018
quotequote all
NightStalker_ZA said:
Heard this morning that day zero moved to 9 days earlier. Now 12 April.

Going to move there and a week and a half later ... no water.
Baby Wipes for days
Pushed back to 9th July now, I believe.

rs1952

5,241 posts

218 months

Saturday 24th February 2018
quotequote all
Pints said:
NightStalker_ZA said:
Heard this morning that day zero moved to 9 days earlier. Now 12 April.

Going to move there and a week and a half later ... no water.
Baby Wipes for days
Pushed back to 9th July now, I believe.
Its been bucketing down here in the Cape Town area for the last couple of days. Every little helps smile

Pints

18,442 posts

153 months

Saturday 24th February 2018
quotequote all
Genuinely pleased to hear it.
If only the nasty apartheid government hadn't built those dams so large. wink

NightStalker_ZA

Original Poster:

15 posts

36 months

Monday 26th February 2018
quotequote all
Absolutely brilliant news.

Sale of my place is well on the way in Joburg so moving either beginning or end of April.
At least now I can move in with some water.