Honda S2000 values

Honda S2000 values

Author
Discussion

Trevor555

1,901 posts

40 months

Friday 27th April 2018
quotequote all
BrightYellowTVR said:
I am selling my parents, sadly they're too ill to drive it frown It a 2002, they purchased it off my brother, so we've had it in the family for 11 years. Lovely cars, although not enough room for me, much more room in the TVR.
I could be interested, how many miles/owners etc..

BrightYellowTVR

1,235 posts

223 months

Sunday 29th April 2018
quotequote all
Hi she’s now sold.

NorthernSky

538 posts

73 months

Monday 30th April 2018
quotequote all
IanSC said:
Hi,
Have any of you done a long road trip in an S2000 e.g. a holiday round Europe ?. I'm quite tempted to get an S2000 to replace my SLK350, and would like to do a long road trip this year. Wondering whether the noise would make it too tiring to drive long distances, so keen to hear the experience of others . I'm a big fan of the VTEC engine, having had my EP3 Civic for the past 12 years.
As with any soft fabric roof car you'll get an increase in road noise. Coming from an SLK, you could opt for an S2000 with a hardtop, although if you do, bear in mind picking up a (matching colour) hard top seperately can cost up to a grand.

I've taken mine for a week around Wales, so not quite mainland Europe - the car was faultless really. If you do like extra comfort and you probably do if you like the Mercedes you own, the S2000 seats can be controversial in terms of long distance relaxability - so, sit in one, and understand how the seat can conform to your body, and adjust, test, etc.

Of course nothing beats the roof off, B-road carving joy of a summer drive, so yeah, try one out. It'll hold or increase it's value whereas your SLK will continue to lose you money! (sorry, but, we know it is true wink )

Chris Type R

5,139 posts

205 months

Monday 30th April 2018
quotequote all
NorthernSky said:
As with any soft fabric roof car you'll get an increase in road noise. Coming from an SLK, you could opt for an S2000 with a hardtop, although if you do, bear in mind picking up a (matching colour) hard top seperately can cost up to a grand.
Theoretically if the car is not registered as a GT the hardtop would constitute a modification - you also have to price in the hardtop brackets and gubbins incl. window defrost wiring. Depends on MY.

When I had mine, the hardtop was nice for the winter commute, but no way would I tour with it on.

Quickmoose

4,080 posts

79 months

Monday 30th April 2018
quotequote all
2016 I took mine to the Monaco GP and back via the Alps and Col de Turini. Roof down allll the way, overcast northern France, drizzly Alps, scorching Cote D'Azur.
At a constant 70-80-mumble mumble the drone and high revs can be a bit wearing on motorways. If you can mix up the road type, you'll be better off. I had no issues with back pain.
10 day trip and the tent and all the kit got wedged in the boot.
Hopefully going to Lucca and back this year....avoiding the mototway where I can...

Chris Type R

5,139 posts

205 months

Thursday 3rd May 2018
quotequote all
Nice low mileage example here - https://www.s2kuk.com/classified/HONDA-S2000-16V-G...

And an impressive price tag to match.

chisteve

26 posts

156 months

Sunday 20th May 2018
quotequote all
Heres mine


Little bob - glad you got a good one - looks good


benpoulter

3 posts

73 months

Monday 21st May 2018
quotequote all


My lovely clean S (currently for sale on PistonHeads), will miss it like mad when it goes best car I've ever owned frown

kirsty-s2k

991 posts

161 months

Tuesday 5th June 2018
quotequote all
IanSC said:
Hi,
Have any of you done a long road trip in an S2000 e.g. a holiday round Europe ?. I'm quite tempted to get an S2000 to replace my SLK350, and would like to do a long road trip this year. Wondering whether the noise would make it too tiring to drive long distances, so keen to hear the experience of others . I'm a big fan of the VTEC engine, having had my EP3 Civic for the past 12 years.
We took mine to the Dordoyne and back via Classic Le Mans a few years ago, roof down the whole way. Hubby reckons his forehead goes numb eventually though as he sits a bit higher than me.

kirsty-s2k

991 posts

161 months

Tuesday 5th June 2018
quotequote all
I debated replacing mine a few years ago and there wasn't really an obvious move without losing the chuckable feel or increasing the running costs dramatically. I decided at that point to keep it and start spending some cash on tidying it up . . . really glad.
In the nine years I've owned her, and I've put around 50k on her in that time, I've replaced exhaust, roof, resprayed her and had the suspension refreshed - was seized etc. Probably spent around 5k, but over nine years I don't think that's to bad and I'd think she'll be around what I paid for her in a years time.
Best car purchase I've ever made smile I've been asked a few times in the last year if I fancy selling her . . . no, nope, no chance biggrin

vpr

2,921 posts

194 months

Saturday 9th June 2018
quotequote all
Currently looking for a late GT with low miles and std if anyone knows of one

Cant seem to contact the one listed here on S2Kuk as there's an issue with the captcha box

Sevenon

101 posts

4 months

Monday 1st June
quotequote all
Fast forward to summer 2020 and the prices are very firm now! Definitely appreciating and getting harder to find a clean, standard, low miles S2000.

vpr

2,921 posts

194 months

Monday 1st June
quotequote all
I now have one for sale. 06 GT with 23k miles.

What’s it worth do we think?

BevR

505 posts

99 months

Monday 1st June
quotequote all
vpr said:
I now have one for sale. 06 GT with 23k miles.

What’s it worth do we think?
Considering the one on Collecting Cars was an 04 with 75k miles went for £12.5k it might be more than you think!

I have a car in the exact same spec (including hardtop) but at 57k and could do with a wheel refurb and new roof (but is still watertight). I would have been happy to get £8-9k privately, the WBAC is around £7k.

Has anyone ever sold through the S2K club? I have been a member for a few years but never got that involved.

griffter

3,444 posts

211 months

Tuesday 2nd June
quotequote all
People tend to seek out pre facelifts or pre March 06 facelifts (for lower road tax), but there are so few good, clean rust-free cars for sale that anything without rust, problems or irreversible modifications is a good bet value wise. An 04 with 75k miles has just been removed from autotrader and was up for £12.5k. I don’t know if it sold, but if it did that’s an indication. A 53 plate car with similar miles has been on Facebook market place for a year (unsold) and has just resurfaced on the S2K Facebook group for £10k. It’s getting interest.
Unless it’s well the other side of 100,000 miles it’s £8k minimum for a healthy rust free car IMHO. The later cars (06-) also seem to have a following as they are the most developed.

Sevenon

101 posts

4 months

Friday 5th June
quotequote all
BevR said:
Considering the one on Collecting Cars was an 04 with 75k miles went for £12.5k it might be more than you think!

I have a car in the exact same spec (including hardtop) but at 57k and could do with a wheel refurb and new roof (but is still watertight). I would have been happy to get £8-9k privately, the WBAC is around £7k.

Has anyone ever sold through the S2K club? I have been a member for a few years but never got that involved.
I would be interested BevR. Please send me a PM with details.

BevR

505 posts

99 months

Friday 5th June
quotequote all
Sevenon said:
I would be interested BevR. Please send me a PM with details.
Im sorry to say that its not up for sale at the moment but if it goes up I will drop you a message before I list it anywhere.


Sevenon

101 posts

4 months

Friday 5th June
quotequote all
BevR said:
Im sorry to say that its not up for sale at the moment but if it goes up I will drop you a message before I list it anywhere.
No rush Bev. Drop me a PM if / when you do decide to sell. I used to have a 2004 Moonrock but sold due to kids. Miss it a lot and wish to have another one!

shantybeater

904 posts

125 months

Saturday 6th June
quotequote all
Bargains are still to be had for higher mileage examples. Rust and engine having clean bill of health is all I would be interested in, and these are becoming increasingly hard to find.

cheddar

4,491 posts

130 months

Saturday 6th June
quotequote all
No one else disappointed with these?

I bought an '06 20k mile minter, full history and almost indistinguishable from new but, engine aside, I never gelled with it mainly because the chassis and steering lacked feel and involvement.

I can kind of see the historic allure but the reality may not match expectation.