Will BMW make a M2 CSL?

Will BMW make a M2 CSL?

Author
Discussion

Timbuktu

1,946 posts

128 months

Friday 8th July 2016
quotequote all
Seeing the ridiculous prices the E46 CSLs go for now I would think they'd see a CSL edition as a right money spinner and be charging £100K plus for them!

Wills2

18,917 posts

148 months

Friday 8th July 2016
quotequote all
Timbuktu said:
Seeing the ridiculous prices the E46 CSLs go for now I would think they'd see a CSL edition as a right money spinner and be charging £100K plus for them!
The CSL will sit above the GTS in the model line up so will be silly money, given that the M4GTS was 120k



breadvan

1,744 posts

141 months

Friday 8th July 2016
quotequote all
topless360 said:
breadvan said:
As far as rushing out to place a deposit, I would forget it, that's not how BMW allocate halo cars. Each interested customer will be vetted, largely out of your dealerships hands.
I did fear this. As I've never owned an M car, is that likely to rule me out entirely?
Never say never but despite something like 12 new BMWs over the last 10 years (including M and Aplina) and placing a deposit by 0900 on the release day, I didn't get a look in on the GTS.

Bit pants really and my p/x was a McLaren (the only non BMW in the household).

bogeyman

20 posts

126 months

Saturday 16th July 2016
quotequote all
The only person I know of who purchased a M4 GTS had a deposit down months before it was officially released. On the release day he went ahead with the purchase. If you wait for the release date you've normally missed the boat. The deposit is key.

breadvan said:
Never say never but despite something like 12 new BMWs over the last 10 years (including M and Aplina) and placing a deposit by 0900 on the release day, I didn't get a look in on the GTS.

Bit pants really and my p/x was a McLaren (the only non BMW in the household).

f430hunter

313 posts

178 months

Wednesday 3rd August 2016
quotequote all
deposit gone in today number 2 on there list and the general manager is a freind of mine and has said its coming but deposit is fully refundable so would rather be on the list than off.


cheers simon

skillimz

52 posts

135 months

Wednesday 31st August 2016
quotequote all
Probably will be called a M2 GTS starting from £109,995.


topless360

2,762 posts

191 months

Tuesday 6th September 2016
quotequote all
skillimz said:
Probably will be called a M2 GTS starting from £109,995.
Is this a guess or based on something in particular?

Leroy902

1,424 posts

76 months

Tuesday 6th September 2016
quotequote all
topless360 said:
skillimz said:
Probably will be called a M2 GTS starting from £109,995.
Is this a guess or based on something in particular?
'probably' being the operative word that should answer your question.

Inverted

2,051 posts

182 months

Tuesday 4th October 2016
quotequote all
My prediction. End of next year/2018 , engine from M4 , some suspension fettling, some upgrade to the interior hopefully better seats. And it will be called M2 CS.

GarageQueen

2,295 posts

219 months

Sunday 23rd October 2016
quotequote all
Inverted said:
My prediction. End of next year/2018 , engine from M4 , some suspension fettling, some upgrade to the interior hopefully better seats. And it will be called M2 CS.
that looks a better bet, the CSL will never be repeated, it was a project in engineering lightweight automotive materials for trickle down the rest of the range, just the same way the M4 GTS is a project in water injection and efficiency.


J-P

3,950 posts

179 months

Sunday 23rd October 2016
quotequote all
GarageQueen said:
Inverted said:
My prediction. End of next year/2018 , engine from M4 , some suspension fettling, some upgrade to the interior hopefully better seats. And it will be called M2 CS.
that looks a better bet, the CSL will never be repeated, it was a project in engineering lightweight automotive materials for trickle down the rest of the range, just the same way the M4 GTS is a project in water injection and efficiency.
I'm not convinced they'll do one at all. Hope they do, as I'd love it but all the stories I've seen are pretty flaky. Some of the latest supposed vids are pretty uninspiring too.

flamingjo

8 posts

138 months

Monday 31st October 2016
quotequote all
BMW have a sales planning department that collates all customer interest in what they call "unconfirmed models". This is based at BMW Uk so that they can see what level of demand exists. It is a long shot as I placed my order for the M2 last September and got my car this September. Given an allocation of only three cars to Sytner, the chances of getting a GTS/CSL are going to be even more limited. The upside is that it keeps residual values firm, something which you cant say about the M3/M4. I hope they do make the halo model, I would love to get my hands on one, but as an everyday car I think the M2 does is just right!


Inverted

2,051 posts

182 months

Thursday 15th December 2016
quotequote all
Any more rumours?

saveloy

98 posts

99 months

Saturday 9th December 2017
quotequote all