Is this the CSL era?

Is this the CSL era?

Author
Discussion

Matthew7711

Original Poster:

104 posts

96 months

Thursday 10th February 2022
quotequote all
Kettmark said:
Cariconics have apparently sold their 28k mile example, advertised for £92495. I doubt anyone will find another example for less than £50k ever again.
That was quick!

They certainly don’t seem to be hanging around.

It could even mean that £60k is the new minimum.

Spring/Summer will introduce another rise in prices.

This is definitely the CSL era and you would be crazy to sell one now!

It’s had a yo-yo history like most classic cars but it’s now finally starting to find its place.

Kettmark

904 posts

156 months

Thursday 10th February 2022
quotequote all
It will get to the stage I become too aware of its value & use mine less & less which is crazy.
Once the value gets to £100k I plan to sell.

darreni

3,880 posts

273 months

Saturday 12th February 2022
quotequote all
One for sale at Redline for anyone looking

https://redlinespecialistcars.co.uk/used-cars/bmw-...

Matthew7711

Original Poster:

104 posts

96 months

Tuesday 15th February 2022
quotequote all
Kettmark said:
It will get to the stage I become too aware of its value & use mine less & less which is crazy.
Once the value gets to £100k I plan to sell.
It’s already at that stage.

The low numbers don’t do us any favours.

As tempting as it is to sell nowadays, means nothing compared to the regret you will feel in years to come.

Many occasions in the past the boat was missed and now it’s sailing.

Pip1968

1,350 posts

207 months

Sunday 27th February 2022
quotequote all
darreni said:
One for sale at Redline for anyone looking

https://redlinespecialistcars.co.uk/used-cars/bmw-...
Overpriced if you ask me. It will be interested to see if it sells. Certainly not at the asking price. Maybe his wife has asked him to sell.

"Okay darling I will try"

Pip

Matthew7711

Original Poster:

104 posts

96 months

Tuesday 1st March 2022
quotequote all
Pip1968 said:
Overpriced if you ask me. It will be interested to see if it sells. Certainly not at the asking price. Maybe his wife has asked him to sell.

"Okay darling I will try"

Pip
Do you own a CSL or did you used to own one?

Tommie38

772 posts

197 months

Thursday 31st March 2022
quotequote all
Matthew7711 said:
Pip1968 said:
Overpriced if you ask me. It will be interested to see if it sells. Certainly not at the asking price. Maybe his wife has asked him to sell.

"Okay darling I will try"

Pip
Do you own a CSL or did you used to own one?
Generally speaking:
- Owns one: thinks they are going up by the second
- Had one in the past and sold: Worth less than people pay nowadays
- Wants one: Worth less than what people pay for a 168k mile E36 318i SE saloon (with no sunroof or AC, also significant rust to OSR quarter).

CRA1G

6,641 posts

198 months

Thursday 31st March 2022
quotequote all
Pip1968 said:
darreni said:
One for sale at Redline for anyone looking

https://redlinespecialistcars.co.uk/used-cars/bmw-...
Overpriced if you ask me. It will be interested to see if it sells. Certainly not at the asking price. Maybe his wife has asked him to sell.

"Okay darling I will try"

Pip
It's now showing as SOLD.....!

Matthew7711

Original Poster:

104 posts

96 months

Thursday 7th April 2022
quotequote all
Tommie38 said:
Generally speaking:
- Owns one: thinks they are going up by the second
- Had one in the past and sold: Worth less than people pay nowadays
- Wants one: Worth less than what people pay for a 168k mile E36 318i SE saloon (with no sunroof or AC, also significant rust to OSR quarter).
Totally agreed.

The guy in question might be a tad bitter.

Matthew7711

Original Poster:

104 posts

96 months

Thursday 7th April 2022
quotequote all
CRA1G said:
It's now showing as SOLD.....!
That’s x2 CSLs for over 100k selling within a month!

Great news!

andrewh

458 posts

262 months

Saturday 16th April 2022
quotequote all
Spotted a grey CSL, reg: M3 CSL on the M62 heading towards wakefield, Anyone one here? pretty rare to see any E46 m3 to be honest nowadays and i do a fair amount of work miles.

Edited by andrewh on Sunday 17th April 00:19

Matthew7711

Original Poster:

104 posts

96 months

Mike Rainbird

215 posts

220 months

Friday 3rd February 2023
quotequote all
These cars supposed to be used - no point in owning such an epic driver's car and it sit in the garage not being used....






Kettmark

904 posts

156 months

Friday 3rd February 2023
quotequote all
Totally agree.I was out in mine today.And tomorrow.

Mike Rainbird

215 posts

220 months

Monday 6th February 2023
quotequote all
Kettmark said:
Totally agree.I was out in mine today.And tomorrow.
Me too tongue outwink :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBJRdINPHwY

teapea

693 posts

189 months

Tuesday 14th November 2023
quotequote all
There's quite a few for sale on autotrader at the moment.
Where do we think values are heading?

It seems like the ones on Collecting cars have been selling well, yet there's quite a few lingering around on PH and autotrader. Which seems a little odd.

darreni

3,880 posts

273 months

Tuesday 14th November 2023
quotequote all
Prices on everything are taking a hit, the CSL is no exception. That said, they won’t be making anymore.

Can’t comment on the ones for sale, though past cars that have been stored or low miles can have large gaps in their service history.

Matthew7711

Original Poster:

104 posts

96 months

Monday 27th November 2023
quotequote all
Everything is taking longer to sale due to the climate.

M4 CSL has taken a massive hit and no one seems to be interested in those cars.

E46 M3 CSL is still a rare car that will always remain desirable.


Pip1968

1,350 posts

207 months

Monday 25th December 2023
quotequote all
Have any CSLs sold recently? As already pointed out there is not much that as tactile to replace it with so any selling will just be realising assets into cash possibly due to the economic climate.

I have not looked on Nick Johnson's site for some time but he uused to be a good source.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Pip

Matthew7711

Original Poster:

104 posts

96 months

Thursday 28th December 2023
quotequote all
Pip1968 said:
Have any CSLs sold recently? As already pointed out there is not much that as tactile to replace it with so any selling will just be realising assets into cash possibly due to the economic climate.

I have not looked on Nick Johnson's site for some time but he uused to be a good source.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Pip
Most CSLs get sold without being advertised in the usual places like Autotrader and Pistonheads.

Its a slow market for everyone but as you mentioned it’s a hard car to replace with many owners owning x2 CSLs or buying them again after being sold in the past.