Will CSL prices drop?

Will CSL prices drop?

Author
Discussion

elitedetailer

Original Poster:

301 posts

220 months

Tuesday 30th May 2006
quotequote all
When the new shape m3 comes out? Incidently when is it due to be released? I am thinking about test driving a CSL soon. It's one of 2 on my shortlist, the other a Porsche 996 which is a childhood dream car.

The CSL doesn't come in manual form does it? Im guessing its a very reliable car also?

Sorry for all the questions but it is a lot of money and I want to do me research.

crook

6,870 posts

227 months

Tuesday 30th May 2006
quotequote all
SMG only and it may be worth doing a bit of research into clutch life.
Also bear in mind most of these cars are low mileage trackday toys so although on paper not very used, the actual use could be greater than the miles suggest, if you see what I mean.

As for the price coming down, it all depends on whether the new M3 has a CSL version. Also, best to buy something like this/GT3 in the winter after the tracday season is over.

Hope this helps, I was tempted to be tempted but I drove a normal E46 SMG M3 and didn't like it so it's out of the question for me now.

elitedetailer

Original Poster:

301 posts

220 months

Tuesday 30th May 2006
quotequote all
crook said:
SMG only and it may be worth doing a bit of research into clutch life.
Also bear in mind most of these cars are low mileage trackday toys so although on paper not very used, the actual use could be greater than the miles suggest, if you see what I mean.

As for the price coming down, it all depends on whether the new M3 has a CSL version. Also, best to buy something like this/GT3 in the winter after the tracday season is over.

Hope this helps, I was tempted to be tempted but I drove a normal E46 SMG M3 and didn't like it so it's out of the question for me now.


Thanks for your thoughts. Why didn't you like the drive? Also, is there any way of knowing it has been tracked? Im thinking stonechips, heavy brake wear, but these may have been changed. Sorry for all the Q's.

Vesuvius 996

35,829 posts

274 months

Tuesday 30th May 2006
quotequote all
The warranty p155 take will destroy prices for all M cars. Have you seen how many are for sale in Top Marques?

Very sad and very short sighted. Prices are plummeting.


>> Edited by Vesuvius 996 on Tuesday 30th May 20:41

elitedetailer

Original Poster:

301 posts

220 months

Tuesday 30th May 2006
quotequote all
Vesuvius 996 said:
The warranty p155 take will destroy prices for all M cars. Have you seen how many are for sale in Top Marques?

BMW - sad to say that you have ruined your cars' reputation and residuals at a stroke.





>> Edited by Vesuvius 996 on Tuesday 30th May 19:35


Will you tell me more about this warranty issues please

Vesuvius 996

35,829 posts

274 months

Tuesday 30th May 2006
quotequote all
Loads of stuff all over the web. They have put up warranty prices to (IIRC) £1800 a year for M cars over 60k miles, with a £250 excess, and excluded certain items from the policy.

Vesuvius 996

35,829 posts

274 months

Tuesday 30th May 2006
quotequote all

www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=232265&f=72&h=0&hw=warranty

>> Edited by Vesuvius 996 on Tuesday 30th May 20:28

elitedetailer

Original Poster:

301 posts

220 months

Tuesday 30th May 2006
quotequote all
Vesuvius 996 said:

www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=232265&f=72&h=0&hw=warranty

>> Edited by Vesuvius 996 on Tuesday 30th May 20:28


That is crazy! The newest CSL's are 04, therefore 1 year left on warranty then an extra £1500 per year on warranty. Thats crazy, if this is the case then it's Porka C2/C4 time or save for a mk1 GT3.

Thanks Vesuvius for that.

>> Edited by elitedetailer on Tuesday 30th May 22:03

elitedetailer

Original Poster:

301 posts

220 months

Tuesday 30th May 2006
quotequote all
What if you buy a warranty through another company Vesuvius?

m12_nathan

5,138 posts

262 months

Tuesday 30th May 2006
quotequote all
£1500 a year? £1050 IIRC + any excess you need to pay (unless the car is undriveable I guess most people will take their car in once per year and get everything fixed in one go?).

m3jappa

6,482 posts

221 months

Tuesday 30th May 2006
quotequote all
is a warrenty essential though,i had a m3 evo and i did 30k hard miles and only ever broke the oil feed pipe and that was due to hitting a fox making the oil cooler loose,but i suppose if spending over 20k it may be a different issue,not one ive had to tackle yet either lol

RichyCSL

3,741 posts

220 months

Wednesday 31st May 2006
quotequote all
The BMW Car Club have negotiated a comparable warranty with Warranty Direct. See BM3W or the BMW car club website for details.

www.bm3w.co.uk/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=419219&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1&nt=2

The engine is bomb proof anyway.

2skiddy

293 posts

219 months

Wednesday 31st May 2006
quotequote all
I can`t seem to get into the Bm3w website, saying that the page doesn`t exist. Is it me or has it closed down?

RichyCSL

3,741 posts

220 months

Wednesday 31st May 2006
quotequote all
You need to register.

2skiddy

293 posts

219 months

Wednesday 31st May 2006
quotequote all
Hi, I was registered and using it for some time, then it was gone?????

Aztec

178 posts

239 months

Wednesday 31st May 2006
quotequote all
Jon don't use AOL just enter the site through internet explorer

Dave