Why so high?

Why so high?

Author
Discussion

rat rod

1,712 posts

29 months

Friday 26th February
quotequote all
newsatten said:


This ?????????
Looks great, brakes up the orange especially with no vinyl, I took the black numbers off the rear wing of my Galaxie after a lot of

deliberation. One hell of a long rear wing , Instantly knew i made a mistake after taking one side off ,

Toooooooooooo orange but had no choice but to take the other side off . Even though it had the single black

Shelby stripe every one said it was to much orange without the numbers on the side, grumpy




Edited by rat rod on Friday 26th February 19:35

rat rod

1,712 posts

29 months

Friday 26th February
quotequote all
newsatten said:
Or This??????




laugh Lifted as per from the Fabulous contributors on the MMA , thanks guys................................
Wifey ? thumbup

roscobbc

1,342 posts

206 months

Friday 26th February
quotequote all
Anyone watch the Film 4 sci-fi film tonight - 'Upgrade' - lead actor had Challenger (which was only seen driven towards the end of the film.......)

rat rod

1,712 posts

29 months

Saturday 27th February
quotequote all
roscobbc said:
Anyone watch the Film 4 sci-fi film tonight - 'Upgrade' - lead actor had Challenger (which was only seen driven towards the end of the film.......)
No missed it, Anything with sci-fi in it i don't watch because it's not real and i only watch programs that are like

Emmerdale and Coronation Street . Doesn't help that i live in the past and anything in the future goes completely over my head,



roscobbc

1,342 posts

206 months

Saturday 27th February
quotequote all
rat rod said:
roscobbc said:
Anyone watch the Film 4 sci-fi film tonight - 'Upgrade' - lead actor had Challenger (which was only seen driven towards the end of the film.......)
No missed it, Anything with sci-fi in it i don't watch because it's not real and i only watch programs that are like

Emmerdale and Coronation Street . Doesn't help that i live in the past and anything in the future goes completely over my head,
You didn't really miss - I quite enjoy a sci-fi 'flick' - for me 'one foot in the past' and 'living an alternate reality in my mind rather than in my pants probably sums me up'.......

rat rod

1,712 posts

29 months

Saturday 27th February
quotequote all
roscobbc said:
You didn't really miss - I quite enjoy a sci-fi 'flick' - for me 'one foot in the past' and 'living an alternate reality in my mind rather than in my pants probably sums me up'.......
Rather enjoy " Loose Woman" myself ,the program of course biglaugh,

newsatten

760 posts

78 months

Saturday 27th February
quotequote all
rat rod said:
newsatten said:
Or This??????




laugh Lifted as per from the Fabulous contributors on the MMA , thanks guys................................
Wifey ? thumbup
laugh Errr no ! however she has to be the worlds best bonnet prop! hehe

Rammed down here today, few yanks about, old and newish, theres a couple of Asian guys who have a wicked looking Red Eye, semi matt Battleship grey colour, i pulled up along side it outside Costa's , the cars turned a few heads laugh






Edited by newsatten on Saturday 27th February 22:14

rat rod

1,712 posts

29 months

Saturday 27th February
quotequote all
newsatten said:
rat rod said:
newsatten said:
Or This??????




laugh Lifted as per from the Fabulous contributors on the MMA , thanks guys................................
Wifey ? thumbup
laugh Errr no ! however she has to be the worlds best bonnet prop! hehe

Rammed down here today, few yanks about, old and newish, theres a couple of Asian guys who have a wicked looking Red Eye, semi matt Battleship grey colour, i pulled up along side it outside Costa's , the cars turned a few heads laugh






Great weather,same tomorrow, brings everybody out but can live with that. Lock down what Lock down.

Bet it was nice to see a few yanks out today, makes it all worth while . Haven't seen a Red Eye yet let alone on the road , my son keeps

reminding me that he's driven a few. Two Challengers together ,would have made a great photo,old and new .

Missed out on today was playing with the roadster,

Got it started and took the boys round the block just to make sure it wouldn't break down ,boys were disappointed ,they thought they were

going to the beach again. Spent the rest of the day sulking and ignoring me .

Monday is Jag day, must get on with it if i want to be driving it over Easter, now what did i do with my tweed cap.





Edited by newsatten on Saturday 27th February 22:14[/footnote]
[footnote]Edited by rat rod on Saturday 27th February 22:50

newsatten

760 posts

78 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
laugh
Your dogs sound like characters ..........................................
Yeah not sure what the guys do with the Challenger?? must be lucrative laugh great looking car, from all accounts its got 500HP more than mine!
500 FFS ..................................................................................................


rat rod

1,712 posts

29 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
newsatten said:
laugh
Your dogs sound like characters ..........................................
Yeah not sure what the guys do with the Challenger?? must be lucrative laugh great looking car, from all accounts its got 500HP more than mine!
500 FFS ..................................................................................................

After losing one only 3 weeks ago they've helped me to cope no end , don't know what i would have done without them.

What ever those guys do they got great taste,If buying a modern yank always thought 350/500Gt Shelby because of the Ford racing

connection and handling and the way they rev but a Red Eye,Demon ,Hellcat seem to be more of a thug compared to the Shelby.

Sure either will put a smile on my face.




Edited by rat rod on Sunday 28th February 17:58

newsatten

760 posts

78 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
laugh

Ive been doing a bit of research into upping the HP on my Dodge, if i stay with the slusher it would free up a substantial wedge of cash, with my dodgy knee
could well be a good idea!

So i could upgrade my motor, a stroker option to 426CU, and with the correct blend of parts 500 Horse's are obtainable with no forced induction.
With the relentless rise in prices for trendy Yanks, its very unlikely now i'l be able to afford a second car now, so taking the RT to the next level is probably
the way to go for me, im bored now its as finished as these cars ever are!


rat rod

1,712 posts

29 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
newsatten said:
laugh

Ive been doing a bit of research into upping the HP on my Dodge, if i stay with the slusher it would free up a substantial wedge of cash, with my dodgy knee
could well be a good idea!

So i could upgrade my motor, a stroker option to 426CU, and with the correct blend of parts 500 Horse's are obtainable with no forced induction.
With the relentless rise in prices for trendy Yanks, its very unlikely now i'l be able to afford a second car now, so taking the RT to the next level is probably
the way to go for me, im bored now its as finished as these cars ever are!

What a great idea ,Instead of spending the money on a average tank spend it making your Challenger even more special .

Ideal as you can do this yourself, expensive exercise if taken on by a engine builder.

These higher revving small blocks are asking to be stroked .

Would more than cover costs the way the prices are going and take it to a higher league in the muscle car world.

You sound like my ex-business partner who gets bored once he's finished his restorations but at least you use them,

he just lets them sit there once finished and lets them get dusty preferring his pick up.



newsatten

760 posts

78 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
laugh
Just looking at all options, bored, C19 not going out, no Shooting and now soon to be laid up! lol..................................

I'd farm the Engine work out if i go this route?? Dave B is the obvious choice, his name on the invoice would add value to the project, i hav'nt gone to far in ATM, but assuming the 4" stroke would require materiel removal below the bores???
If the block has to be decked then the heads and inlet will require work, no this is specialist engine work, not something i could do on the garage floor! lol

Ironically the Lotus came up this morning, as the booth has been ordered , and two sheds will need to go to make room for it, the boss is clearing stuff out!
He asked me today to make an offer if i was interested laugh

His Dad has owned it almost from new, been off the road for 36 years FFS..............................................................

rat rod

1,712 posts

29 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
newsatten said:
laugh
Just looking at all options, bored, C19 not going out, no Shooting and now soon to be laid up! lol..................................

I'd farm the Engine work out if i go this route?? Dave B is the obvious choice, his name on the invoice would add value to the project, i hav'nt gone to far in ATM, but assuming the 4" stroke would require materiel removal below the bores???
If the block has to be decked then the heads and inlet will require work, no this is specialist engine work, not something i could do on the garage floor! lol

Ironically the Lotus came up this morning, as the booth has been ordered , and two sheds will need to go to make room for it, the boss is clearing stuff out!
He asked me today to make an offer if i was interested laugh

His Dad has owned it almost from new, been off the road for 36 years FFS..............................................................
Nice to get the heads up on these cars, Depends on if you fancy a change from yanks and have a Lotus for a second car

Sounds the way to go with the engine build,if and when you decide to sell at least there's a established name behind it plus

they have the premises and tooling. While the engines out maybe you could sneak a manual box in there somewhere,

I'm good at spending other peoples money.

Sounds like you have not got much to look forward to in the next few months so need to be occupied , rebuild Lotus, upgrade

engine or cruise around in Challenger knee permitting. Would you do engine now or after the summer.

Good thing with these cars is life is never boring.




newsatten

760 posts

78 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
laugh

Just going to find your Rod on R&S's lol..............................................................................

roscobbc

1,342 posts

206 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all

On the subject of seriously expensive cars - I saw this 1913 De Dion chain drive 'special' advertised for sale a couple of days ago......and simply love it. Aero engined cars fascinate me, OK so this ones a Curtis 8.3 litre V8 (presumably WW1 or early 20's era) and arguably a little 'small' for an aero engine but what a vehicle. Anyway I enquired about the asking price...........£175K. Wow!



Edited by roscobbc on Thursday 4th March 21:36

SRT Hellcat

6,514 posts

181 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Imagine taking the missus shopping in that. Awesome smile

newsatten

760 posts

78 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Rosco you should also posted this on the RHD muscle Car thread ! laugh

roscobbc

1,342 posts

206 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
newsatten said:
Rosco you should also posted this on the RHD muscle Car thread ! laugh
Should have noticed earlier - its RHD. I don't want it now...........

rat rod

1,712 posts

29 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
The guys who actually drive these monsters to meeting not just trailer them are my heroes,

Been to quite a few VSCC meeting and there's always lots of these type of cars there, They totally fascinate me

along with their eccentric owners. I thought i was a bit off the wall but i got nothing on these boys .

I think that what keeps England afloat.

Feels almost modern compared ,the R/T Challenger in Silverstone auction estimate is £60K to £70K,

There's some really lovely cars entered so best i keep away. nono