Any hell cat RHD conversion kits?

Any hell cat RHD conversion kits?

Author
Discussion

Super_G

Original Poster:

804 posts

62 months

Saturday 20th February
quotequote all
A few mustangs had them years ago before the main stable horse was released in the UK. There was a company offering a full custom conversion for a couple of thousand.

Will there be or are there any RHD kits for the hell cat?

rat rod

1,642 posts

29 months

Sunday 21st February
quotequote all
Super_G said:
A few mustangs had them years ago before the main stable horse was released in the UK. There was a company offering a full custom conversion for a couple of thousand.

Will there be or are there any RHD kits for the hell cat?
Think Rudd Speed did Mustang R.H.D conversions back in the 60's , That's the quickest way to devalue your Hellcat, Buyers of

American cars generally want the whole American package and that's

L.H.D and a V8 , try selling a 4cyl or 6 cyl or even V8 R.H.D yank, almost impossible , Fords have had a lot of success with the R.H.D

Mustangs,but that's only because Mustangs has become so iconic ,everybody knows what a Mustang is ,almost more European now than

yank, A Merc or Audi buyer will buy new Mustang but i doubt if most of them even know what a Hellcat is.

Only ever bought one R.H.D yank , a 1960 Ford Galaxie convertible that was a proper factory built in Canada for the UK, Australian

and Hong Kong market. Took me almost 2 years to sell it, even the guy who bought it said he wouldn't have come to see it if he knew

it was R.H.D but lucky for me his Marilyn Monroe look alike wife loved it,

Do yourself a favour and leave it as it is ,you will soon get used to it, if not go and buy a Audi.

Sorry i'll get off my soap box now. soapbox




Darkslider

2,891 posts

153 months

Sunday 21st February
quotequote all
rat rod said:
Think Rudd Speed did Mustang R.H.D conversions back in the 60's , That's the quickest way to devalue your Hellcat, Buyers of

American cars generally want the whole American package and that's

L.H.D and a V8 , try selling a 4cyl or 6 cyl or even V8 R.H.D yank, almost impossible , Fords have had a lot of success with the R.H.D

Mustangs,but that's only because Mustangs has become so iconic ,everybody knows what a Mustang is ,almost more European now than

yank, A Merc or Audi buyer will buy new Mustang but i doubt if most of them even know what a Hellcat is.

Only ever bought one R.H.D yank , a 1960 Ford Galaxie convertible that was a proper factory built in Canada for the UK, Australian

and Hong Kong market. Took me almost 2 years to sell it, even the guy who bought it said he wouldn't have come to see it if he knew

it was R.H.D but lucky for me his Marilyn Monroe look alike wife loved it,

Do yourself a favour and leave it as it is ,you will soon get used to it, if not go and buy a Audi.

Sorry i'll get off my soap box now. soapbox
Beg to differ, I'd love a bit of American muscle but no interest in driving a left hooker in the UK, so a quality rhd conversion would be right up my street and I'd pay more than a lhd example. Conversion standards do vary though which needs bearing in mind.

rat rod

1,642 posts

29 months

Sunday 21st February
quotequote all
Darkslider said:
Beg to differ, I'd love a bit of American muscle but no interest in driving a left hooker in the UK, so a quality rhd conversion would be right up my street and I'd pay more than a lhd example. Conversion standards do vary though which needs bearing in mind.
Take your point, maybe if enough of you get together and had a word with Chrysler , Trouble is the price point on a Hellcat is so much

higher than a Mustang and by the time you add the cost of the conversion onto the price of a Hellcat you would need deep pockets

which is fine if that's your dream yank . The problem is the resale ,not only will you lose the money that it cost to make it R.H.D but

in my opinion will devalue the car itself compared to a proper unmessed about with U.S.A L.H.D car.

After saying that there maybe a like minded buyer out there like yourself who will pay the premium.

If that's all stopping you and money is not a issue at least you will have the car of your choice ,

Being as old as the hills I've been driving yanks and L.H.D European cars for 50 odd years and it just doesn't feel right unless it is L.H.D

Certainly wouldn't turn up at a American show in a R.H.D yank,

Only problems i have found is Mc Donalds drive-thru and if you have a nervous front passenger ,e.g. the wife, can cause a few

issues. yikes

Lucky we all have a different perspective on these things.

I believe Clive Sutton in London is specialising in Challengers and Hellcats and should be cable of quoting on a conversion.



Edited by rat rod on Sunday 21st February 02:03

roscobbc

1,310 posts

206 months

Sunday 21st February
quotequote all
Really can't understand anyone buying a RHD American car - unless as RR says its a specifically manufactured RHD vehicle like the Mustang. Most RHD 'converted' vehicles put an unrealistic cost on the car - especially one that is already at a premium price (Hellcat) - RHD/LHD whats the difference - I swap from one to another without thinking about it - dosen't seem to stop LHD RV's and European truckers using them over here. I'm with Ratrod - a RHD yank isn't the proper thing. Old car buddy of mine from years ago refused to drive anything other than a RHD Yank - he always ended up with 4 door Galaxies or Impala's - he even bought a flamed '32 hi-boy (RHD) - in the end he started driving LHD Yanks simply to get himself something half decent.
If you're really stuck on a RHD American car why not consider puting your name down for a C8 UK spec Corvette. Even with base engine it'll run rings around any other vehicle from over the pond.........

SRT Hellcat

6,509 posts

181 months

Sunday 21st February
quotequote all
you could try and find a specialist company in Australia to carry out a right hand drive conversion but it will be incredibly expensive.

newsatten

731 posts

78 months

Sunday 21st February
quotequote all
laugh

One wonders what the 2022 speed limiters will do to something like a C8 or HellCat of whatever.................C8 in RHD, sounds great ,should have done it years ago, and given how forward thinking Chrysler i cant understand why they've not done it,
700 + HP 200 + top end , and a speed limiter that will Dob you in ! WHF have we come to .............................................................

Personally i love the idea of a RHD Challenger, laugh

rat rod

1,642 posts

29 months

Sunday 21st February
quotequote all
newsatten said:
laugh

One wonders what the 2022 speed limiters will do to something like a C8 or HellCat of whatever.................C8 in RHD, sounds great ,should have done it years ago, and given how forward thinking Chrysler i cant understand why they've not done it,
700 + HP 200 + top end , and a speed limiter that will Dob you in ! WHF have we come to .............................................................

Personally i love the idea of a RHD Challenger, laugh
Now that last statement surprised me coming from someone who's been driving L.H.D yanks since he was 17 years old or

earlier and still is. driving

At least if Chrysler manufactured R.H.D the cost would be at a realistic level and the main thing is you would know that the

parts used should be of excellent quality unlike a expensive conversion by Del Trotter & Sons using a Meccano and Lego.

Personally i'll keep to my cack-handed yanks, tooooooooooooooo old to change. nono

As for 700bhp, driving a fast car slow comes to mind as i can't see where i'm going at 30 mph.

newsatten

731 posts

78 months

Sunday 21st February
quotequote all
laugh

Lol............ only apply's to late stuff, where someone would use it all the time, as i did back in the day, Had my TA's had been RHD i could have pushed on better on A and B roads, almost no Dual Carriage ways around here before 1980!
Stuck behind a truck on a B road in a left hooker aint no joke! you needed the extra power to overtake as one had to drop right back to see around a vehicle in front ...............................

love the Demon etc, but 100K and 80K for a Hell Cat , laugh just dream motors , as youve said RR driving a seriously quick car slow would be tedious, and all that top gear power sliding tosh is boll--- in the rear world, as are Line Locked Burnouts , hehe

Glad i cant afford one! think of the heart ache ive saved myself laugh



roscobbc

1,310 posts

206 months

Sunday 21st February
quotequote all
rat rod said:
As for 700bhp, driving a fast car slow comes to mind as i can't see where i'm going at 30 mph.
Better than driving a slow car fast perhaps - overtaking with a LHD car can be kinda challenging - at least you have the advantage of being able to overtake vehicles you are following on left handed bends (seeing up the inside - unlike being in a RHD car)


rat rod

1,642 posts

29 months

Sunday 21st February
quotequote all
roscobbc said:
Really can't understand anyone buying a RHD American car - unless as RR says its a specifically manufactured RHD vehicle like the Mustang. Most RHD 'converted' vehicles put an unrealistic cost on the car - especially one that is already at a premium price (Hellcat) - RHD/LHD whats the difference - I swap from one to another without thinking about it - dosen't seem to stop LHD RV's and European truckers using them over here. I'm with Ratrod - a RHD yank isn't the proper thing. Old car buddy of mine from years ago refused to drive anything other than a RHD Yank - he always ended up with 4 door Galaxies or Impala's - he even bought a flamed '32 hi-boy (RHD) - in the end he started driving LHD Yanks simply to get himself something half decent.
If you're really stuck on a RHD American car why not consider puting your name down for a C8 UK spec Corvette. Even with base engine it'll run rings around any other vehicle from over the pond.........
Been told that most not all R.H.D newer Mustang owners don't even acknowledge each other the way classic cars do in general,

No camaraderie like the classic yanks, although still special they are a new car and bought with a different mind set just like a Audi or Merc .

Think a lot of buyers dismiss L.H.D without giving them a chance and not even bother to drive them .

Shame as they could be missing out on something exciting for small outlay .

Must admit like i said, nervous wives and girlfriends can be a problem ,but got the perfect remedy for that,

leave them behind next time.


rat rod

1,642 posts

29 months

Monday 22nd February
quotequote all
newsatten said:
laugh

Lol............ only apply's to late stuff, where someone would use it all the time, as i did back in the day, Had my TA's had been RHD i could have pushed on better on A and B roads, almost no Dual Carriage ways around here before 1980!
Stuck behind a truck on a B road in a left hooker aint no joke! you needed the extra power to overtake as one had to drop right back to see around a vehicle in front ...............................

love the Demon etc, but 100K and 80K for a Hell Cat , laugh just dream motors , as youve said RR driving a seriously quick car slow would be tedious, and all that top gear power sliding tosh is boll--- in the rear world, as are Line Locked Burnouts , hehe

Glad i cant afford one! think of the heart ache ive saved myself laugh


I think we have got the hang of these old things by now, when it's time to sell and have to take people out in the cars i can't believe how they drive .

Miles away from the kerb with the right hand wheels going over the cats eyes, Terrifying being in your own car sitting on the wrong side

with a complete stranger at the wheel, Did refuse to sell a old boy (i was younger then) a Cadillac as i thought he would kill his invalid wife

and himself as he didn't have a clue, Local guy and i saw him some weeks later in one of those 80's compact square Caddy's .

Must admit to looking at these newer yanks when i feel like pushing off for a weekend and end up in the Lexus yet again,

Red Eye, Demon ,Hellcat modern Shelby would be nice ,at least it will lock

and have security and will get there and back without braking down like the old ones do.

My dad always said possessions are a liability, if you haven't got them there's nothing to look after.

Don't know who i took after ,he had his 190E from 1989 till he died in 2015 and my mum had her Prelude from 1984 till she

joined him 2 mouths later. Still got the Merc.





Edited by rat rod on Monday 22 February 20:38

roscobbc

1,310 posts

206 months

Monday 22nd February
quotequote all
Strange world where a late model personal import LHD Mustang is likely to be the one 'stuck on the shelf' and unlikely to be cheap enough to entice anyone to buty instead of a UK market RHD version with its 3 year warranty etc. Oddly I could almost have considered a 'used' RHD late model Mustang at thier introductory prices but then Ford decided to 'improve' the spec' and increase the price by several thousand pounds which 'strangely' seemed to have a similar effect of dealer stock of used earlier spec' cars........and then you have the 'Bullit' version........Ford seems to know how to charge for that don't they? Does it really remind people of the one from McQueens film! - buyers must have myopia.......

rat rod

1,642 posts

29 months

Monday 22nd February
quotequote all
roscobbc said:
rat rod said:
As for 700bhp, driving a fast car slow comes to mind as i can't see where i'm going at 30 mph.
Better than driving a slow car fast perhaps - overtaking with a LHD car can be kinda challenging - at least you have the advantage of being able to overtake vehicles you are following on left handed bends (seeing up the inside - unlike being in a RHD car)
Well with your Vette at least if you make a mistake while overtaking with all that power you can be gone out of harms way

in a blink of a eye and be half way down the road before anyone realizes what's going on.

rat rod

1,642 posts

29 months

Monday 22nd February
quotequote all
roscobbc said:
Strange world where a late model personal import LHD Mustang is likely to be the one 'stuck on the shelf' and unlikely to be cheap enough to entice anyone to buty instead of a UK market RHD version with its 3 year warranty etc. Oddly I could almost have considered a 'used' RHD late model Mustang at thier introductory prices but then Ford decided to 'improve' the spec' and increase the price by several thousand pounds which 'strangely' seemed to have a similar effect of dealer stock of used earlier spec' cars........and then you have the 'Bullit' version........Ford seems to know how to charge for that don't they? Does it really remind people of the one from McQueens film! - buyers must have myopia.......
think it's a form of brain washing, Steve McQueen is such a cool dude ,a James Bond with a ruffer edge and a real car guy.

With all the fuss on the 50th anniversary of Bullitt people get swept up in the hype of it all,plus with the price of 68 Bullitt replica's

being so high that only footballers and London bankers can afford them the new ones seems like a good idea especially as the

first ones that came through were making over list as they were meant to be limited production .

See them now with discount ,claimed cancelled orders by the Ford dealers.

Have you seen how many late Mustangs are for sale at the moment including Bullitts, pages and pages of them.

roscobbc

1,310 posts

206 months

Monday 22nd February
quotequote all
Wonder if some of them are ex contract hire/lease/PCP vehicles just out of 3 or 4 year contracts?

rat rod

1,642 posts

29 months

Monday 22nd February
quotequote all
roscobbc said:
Wonder if some of them are ex contract hire/lease/PCP vehicles just out of 3 or 4 year contracts?
Ye your absolutely bang on , Like most modern cars most are on finance or lease hire and the Mustang now falls into the same bracket as

BMW's.,Merc's, Audi's as company owned cars, for the money back 3 years ago what would you rather own a plain Jane middle of

the range Audi or BMW or a sexy ironic Mustang for the same monthly payments, but now every corporate guy has got it out of his system

they will return back to the prestige European badges even if it's only to keep the boss or wife and kids happy.

Should be some bargains out there especially if you don't mind a few extra mileages on the speedo and don't use it that much

in a couple of years the mileage will catch up with itself. Then go shopping for a super charger, exhaust, suspension kit, hear we go again
.type

Google [bot]

5,333 posts

145 months

Monday 22nd February
quotequote all
You could see if this lot would sell you a kit and get someone local to install http://www.crossovercarconversions.com.au/

I’d stay LHD though as mentioned.

newsatten

731 posts

78 months

Monday 22nd February
quotequote all
laugh

I managed to block up the whole town the other day! being a Cack Hander its sooooo easy to talk to people on the payment, started gassing with a guy that i know that runs a very trendy pub down here in Whitstable, (well was trendy pre C19!!!! ) lol.................................

Ended up blocking the whole oneway system laugh

The wives and girlfriends thing has always made me laugh , sometimes i can see my wife side over the the centre of the car when passing a oncoming
vehicle thats a bit close! laugh
And she's always got her foot on a brake pedal that aint there, but most of the times she's bloody waving laugh

rat rod

1,642 posts

29 months

Monday 22nd February
quotequote all
newsatten said:
laugh

I managed to block up the whole town the other day! being a Cack Hander its sooooo easy to talk to people on the payment, started gassing with a guy that i know that runs a very trendy pub down here in Whitstable, (well was trendy pre C19!!!! ) lol.................................

Ended up blocking the whole oneway system laugh

The wives and girlfriends thing has always made me laugh , sometimes i can see my wife side over the the centre of the car when passing a oncoming
vehicle thats a bit close! laugh
And she's always got her foot on a brake pedal that aint there, but most of the times she's bloody waving laugh
Waving like the Queen does ? Sounds like she hasn't grown out of posing either. Often get into a chat when sitting in the outside lane at

traffic lights, Thought by now with so many yanks under your belt she would have got

used to sitting in the suicide seat by now. Sure she got every confidence in you .

Took my ex wife with me on a quick there and back trip to Bournemouth one morning, she was bored so knowing she's a bad passenger

and warned her i was in a hurry so don't yell at me, we were in a R.H.D SL so not really a quick car,

To my amazement she didn't say a word ,wasn't until i went to hoover the car out some days later i discovered a hole in the passengers side

over mat that was the same size as the heel on her shoe.

Got a feeling i've told that story before ,that's what happens when your old.