G-Shock Pawn

Author
Discussion

TheJimi

Original Poster:

21,969 posts

220 months

Sunday 6th March
quotequote all
a_dreamer said:
TheJimi said:
Any recommendations for G-Shock customs?
I like this one though I'm not sure it's value for money

https://iflwatches.com/product/g-shock-casioak-bla...
For £475 on a watch that can be had for circa £70-100, I'd want a better finish than this -


a_dreamer

1,537 posts

14 months

Sunday 6th March
quotequote all
TheJimi said:
For £475 on a watch that can be had for circa £70-100, I'd want a better finish than this -

yeah, when I looked a while back there seemed more companies doing it and some of them looked really good and were about £300

richard-cxcy4

37 posts

80 months

Tuesday 22nd March
quotequote all

Sheetmaself

5,209 posts

175 months

Tuesday 22nd March
quotequote all
Looks like we’re all wearing the same model today!


a_dreamer

1,537 posts

14 months

Tuesday 22nd March
quotequote all


And me

Zoon

5,740 posts

98 months

Tuesday 22nd March
quotequote all
TheJimi said:
a_dreamer said:
TheJimi said:
Any recommendations for G-Shock customs?
I like this one though I'm not sure it's value for money

https://iflwatches.com/product/g-shock-casioak-bla...
For £475 on a watch that can be had for circa £70-100, I'd want a better finish than this -

Meticulously hand painted!

r1ch

2,594 posts

173 months

Wednesday 23rd March
quotequote all
I don't know how i've managed not to buy one of these Casioak's yet. I like all three of those ^.

a_dreamer

1,537 posts

14 months

Wednesday 23rd March
quotequote all
r1ch said:
I don't know how i've managed not to buy one of these Casioak's yet. I like all three of those ^.
I've got four. The black with colour above, the pure black, the skeleton one (see through) and the red one and I'd likely get a few more. Tempted by a metal one.

r1ch

2,594 posts

173 months

Wednesday 23rd March
quotequote all
a_dreamer said:
I've got four. The black with colour above, the pure black, the skeleton one (see through) and the red one and I'd likely get a few more. Tempted by a metal one.
The metal ones command a premium don't they, I want a 5600 metal (silver) - but quite costly for a casio. I think i'm going to get the black/colour oak, it'll be a more fun summer watch than my current ones.

thebraketester

12,545 posts

115 months

Wednesday 23rd March
quotequote all
I did my own custom paint job on my g shock. Splattered with dulux trade emulsion with a 12" roller.


MrBig

1,758 posts

106 months

Thursday 31st March
quotequote all
As it’s time to think about my summer watch, I’m debating what to do with my King. I think I’m falling out of love with it. Wore it the other day and I’m just not feeling it any more. I can’t source an orange strap and bezel for it now and the aftermarket ones look st.



So I’m thinking about moving it on and replacing it with a white G. Any suggestions for which one though? I have 8” wrists so things like the GLX5600 are just too small. I think the GA700-7A is the most likely contender at the moment unless anyone has any good suggestions?

Ninjin

814 posts

52 months

Thursday 31st March
quotequote all
thebraketester said:
I did my own custom paint job on my g shock. Splattered with dulux trade emulsion with a 12" roller.

I've made a couple of those limited edition models too but my choice is Jonstones Trade.

Pupp

11,342 posts

249 months

Thursday 31st March
quotequote all


Thought I’d give this an office airing today…

Portofino

3,297 posts

168 months

Thursday 31st March
quotequote all
I can’t stop wearing this since I got it 6 weeks ago! Love it.


Unbusy

919 posts

74 months

Sunday 3rd April
quotequote all
Fabric said:
Unbusy said:
Having recently ummed and arhhed over a watch, they are now sold out. No more to be made, it was about £995. Available only via eBay new for £2000 which is quite a mark up. I’m giving it a pass sadly.
Nightmare! Which one was it, out of curiosity?
Opps. Sorry for my late reply, I’m not often in this thread. It was a MT-G multicoloured which was a limited edition. They did 2, one is mostly blue and the other all sorts of colours. I’m a numpty and can’t post photos. They are still on the web site even though they aren’t available. Just shy of £1K.

toastybase

2,126 posts

185 months

Friday 8th April
quotequote all

Alorotom

10,335 posts

164 months

Saturday 9th April
quotequote all
Unbusy said:
Fabric said:
Unbusy said:
Having recently ummed and arhhed over a watch, they are now sold out. No more to be made, it was about £995. Available only via eBay new for £2000 which is quite a mark up. I’m giving it a pass sadly.
Nightmare! Which one was it, out of curiosity?
Opps. Sorry for my late reply, I’m not often in this thread. It was a MT-G multicoloured which was a limited edition. They did 2, one is mostly blue and the other all sorts of colours. I’m a numpty and can’t post photos. They are still on the web site even though they aren’t available. Just shy of £1K.
guessing it was the MTG-B2000XMG-1AER - MARBLE LIMITED EDITION

I was very tempted too


Fabric

3,734 posts

169 months

Saturday 9th April
quotequote all
Alorotom said:
Unbusy said:
Fabric said:
Unbusy said:
Having recently ummed and arhhed over a watch, they are now sold out. No more to be made, it was about £995. Available only via eBay new for £2000 which is quite a mark up. I’m giving it a pass sadly.
Nightmare! Which one was it, out of curiosity?
Opps. Sorry for my late reply, I’m not often in this thread. It was a MT-G multicoloured which was a limited edition. They did 2, one is mostly blue and the other all sorts of colours. I’m a numpty and can’t post photos. They are still on the web site even though they aren’t available. Just shy of £1K.
guessing it was the MTG-B2000XMG-1AER - MARBLE LIMITED EDITION

I was very tempted too

Apologies, Unbusy - also a slow reply from myself!

Of the two you're describing, I'm guessing it's the Blue Phoenix, and the Rainbow Mountain that Alorotom's posted above?

The Rainbow is still in stock with Jura watches, according to their site (for retail price), might be worth an enquiry. They're generally worth checking out for some of the limited models, as they seem to receive an official allocation - and tend to sell out a little slower than the main Casio site. thumbup



Edited by Fabric on Saturday 9th April 11:05

BaronVonVaderham

2,168 posts

124 months

Friday 15th April
quotequote all
Finally after endless colour variations they are making a solar casioak!

Shame it’s not multiband 6 too, but Bluetooth is better than nothing.

I’ll be getting the yellow one asap to go with my original black one with white hands.

Way more excited about this than the moonswatch hehe

https://g-shock.co.uk/ga-b2100

thebraketester

12,545 posts

115 months

Friday 15th April
quotequote all
BaronVonVaderham said:
Finally after endless colour variations they are making a solar casioak!

Shame it’s not multiband 6 too, but Bluetooth is better than nothing.

I’ll be getting the yellow one asap to go with my original black one with white hands.

Way more excited about this than the moonswatch hehe

https://g-shock.co.uk/ga-b2100
Is the Bluetooth purely for clock sync?