Anyone know a Pay & Play around Somerset for Easter weekend?

Anyone know a Pay & Play around Somerset for Easter weekend?

Author
Discussion

Kermit power

Original Poster:

25,449 posts

182 months

Thursday 28th February 2008
quotequote all
We'll probably be in Ilminster for Easter, so looking for somewhere to go and have a bit of fun with the kids. Anyone got any suggestions?

pugwash4x4

7,341 posts

190 months

Thursday 28th February 2008
quotequote all
what dates' easter weekend? i may have just the thing biggrin

Kermit power

Original Poster:

25,449 posts

182 months

Thursday 28th February 2008
quotequote all
pugwash4x4 said:
what dates' easter weekend? i may have just the thing biggrin
The actual weekend is the 22nd/23rd.

At the moment, I am very tempted to come down the following weekend instead and go to 4x4 Adventures Daily Driver Challenge in Wellington.

pugwash4x4

7,341 posts

190 months

Thursday 28th February 2008
quotequote all
bugger i was just about to suggest exactly that

I'm going (being one of only two currently signed up) and i'm trying to drum up support so that we get the minmimum numbers- it's a bit hard as most people would be quite nervous about going- i'm taking my standard landcruiser (well it's got MTs but that's about it). having done a fair few 4x4 adventures DRDs, comps and similar i can really really really recommend them.

WWent to spectate at the last winch challenge event and there were some very big names there- Devon 4x4, gigglepin etc etc

Kermit power

Original Poster:

25,449 posts

182 months

Thursday 28th February 2008
quotequote all
I might well look to come down for that weekend, either instead or as well as Easter, since that looks like a lot of fun. I know that my 5yr old would absolutely love being put in charge of the punch card! smile

Kermit power

Original Poster:

25,449 posts

182 months

Friday 29th February 2008
quotequote all
pugwash4x4 said:
bugger i was just about to suggest exactly that

I'm going (being one of only two currently signed up) and i'm trying to drum up support so that we get the minmimum numbers- it's a bit hard as most people would be quite nervous about going- i'm taking my standard landcruiser (well it's got MTs but that's about it). having done a fair few 4x4 adventures DRDs, comps and similar i can really really really recommend them.

WWent to spectate at the last winch challenge event and there were some very big names there- Devon 4x4, gigglepin etc etc
Do you know the guys organising it? If so, could you ask them to check their spam folder for my email asking for more details? cry No response as yet.

pugwash4x4

7,341 posts

190 months

Friday 29th February 2008
quotequote all
Kermit power said:
pugwash4x4 said:
bugger i was just about to suggest exactly that

I'm going (being one of only two currently signed up) and i'm trying to drum up support so that we get the minmimum numbers- it's a bit hard as most people would be quite nervous about going- i'm taking my standard landcruiser (well it's got MTs but that's about it). having done a fair few 4x4 adventures DRDs, comps and similar i can really really really recommend them.

WWent to spectate at the last winch challenge event and there were some very big names there- Devon 4x4, gigglepin etc etc
Do you know the guys organising it? If so, could you ask them to check their spam folder for my email asking for more details? cry No response as yet.
I do actually- chap organising it James at 4x4 adventures and i met him through doing a fair few of his events- a really really nice guy who knows what he's doing.

he is usualy pretty prompt in answering emails so i will tell him to check- one of the best ways of registering for this event is on the 4x4 forum that i inhabit- link to the event is http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=23049

I have PM'd you as well.

Kermit power

Original Poster:

25,449 posts

182 months

Friday 29th February 2008
quotequote all
pugwash4x4 said:
Kermit power said:
pugwash4x4 said:
bugger i was just about to suggest exactly that

I'm going (being one of only two currently signed up) and i'm trying to drum up support so that we get the minmimum numbers- it's a bit hard as most people would be quite nervous about going- i'm taking my standard landcruiser (well it's got MTs but that's about it). having done a fair few 4x4 adventures DRDs, comps and similar i can really really really recommend them.

WWent to spectate at the last winch challenge event and there were some very big names there- Devon 4x4, gigglepin etc etc
Do you know the guys organising it? If so, could you ask them to check their spam folder for my email asking for more details? cry No response as yet.
I do actually- chap organising it James at 4x4 adventures and i met him through doing a fair few of his events- a really really nice guy who knows what he's doing.

he is usualy pretty prompt in answering emails so i will tell him to check- one of the best ways of registering for this event is on the 4x4 forum that i inhabit- link to the event is http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=23049

I have PM'd you as well.
I tried emailing him again from my work email address and it bounced back with some sort of cryptic message. On closer examination, it seems they've missed the s off the end of adventures in their email address, so I'm hoping that the revised version gets there.

Not had a PM yet. Was it just to say the above, or did it have something further?