What are you racing in 2021? With photos!

What are you racing in 2021? With photos!

Author
Discussion

Yazza54

16,117 posts

148 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
This again, but it'll have the #1 on it


davejones

106 posts

201 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
Hopefully this one, once the fire damage is fixed...(Piston Click got a great shot here last year at Brands in the Masters...just before the inferno took hold...!!)



And......if all goes to plan this one again, but sadly without our buddy Marc



And.....if possible this might be out of retirement again........!!


TwoLeadFeet

132 posts

126 months

Sunday 7th March
quotequote all
Will be racing in 750 Formula with this



Edited by TwoLeadFeet on Monday 8th March 08:10


Edited by TwoLeadFeet on Monday 8th March 08:10

df76

3,128 posts

245 months

Monday 8th March
quotequote all
TwoLeadFeet said:
Will be racing in 750 Formula with this



Edited by TwoLeadFeet on Monday 8th March 08:10


Edited by TwoLeadFeet on Monday 8th March 08:10
Is that the Sheppard F750 car?? Last seen at my feet at Cadwell Park in bits (with various other parts behind us). Such a nice car and really glad to see it racing again. Hope you have a good season.

TwoLeadFeet

132 posts

126 months

Monday 8th March
quotequote all
df76 said:
TwoLeadFeet said:
Will be racing in 750 Formula with this



Edited by TwoLeadFeet on Monday 8th March 08:10


Edited by TwoLeadFeet on Monday 8th March 08:10
Is that the Sheppard F750 car?? Last seen at my feet at Cadwell Park in bits (with various other parts behind us). Such a nice car and really glad to see it racing again. Hope you have a good season.
Thanks, and yes it is the Sheppard F750. We bought and repaired it, and have raced it for the past two seasons. We’re currently building second car with a transverse engine layout that we hope to have out later in the year.



df76

3,128 posts

245 months

Tuesday 9th March
quotequote all
TwoLeadFeet said:
df76 said:
TwoLeadFeet said:
Will be racing in 750 Formula with this



Edited by TwoLeadFeet on Monday 8th March 08:10


Edited by TwoLeadFeet on Monday 8th March 08:10
Is that the Sheppard F750 car?? Last seen at my feet at Cadwell Park in bits (with various other parts behind us). Such a nice car and really glad to see it racing again. Hope you have a good season.
Thanks, and yes it is the Sheppard F750. We bought and repaired it, and have raced it for the past two seasons. We’re currently building second car with a transverse engine layout that we hope to have out later in the year.
Good luck for the year. Next time I'm at a 750MC meeting I'll come and find the car and hopefully the new one.

Ian974

2,405 posts

166 months

Saturday 13th March
quotequote all
ChevronB19 said:
Socially distanced towards the back of the grid in this (it’s 50th year of continuous competition in our ownership).



And hopefully this (9k rpm 1000cc) which is nearly finished



All house purchase notwithstanding, the 100e should move up the grid with a new 1600 as opposed to the current ‘cooking’ 1300.
Only just spotted this but keeping one car through half a century of continuous competition is a serious commitment and achievement!
Would love to hear a bit more background and stories!

ChevronB19

2,615 posts

130 months

Sunday 21st March
quotequote all
Ian974 said:
ChevronB19 said:
Socially distanced towards the back of the grid in this (it’s 50th year of continuous competition in our ownership).



And hopefully this (9k rpm 1000cc) which is nearly finished



All house purchase notwithstanding, the 100e should move up the grid with a new 1600 as opposed to the current ‘cooking’ 1300.
Only just spotted this but keeping one car through half a century of continuous competition is a serious commitment and achievement!
Would love to hear a bit more background and stories!
Sorry for delayed reply. Dad bought it in 1971 as a replacement for his NSU 1200TT that blew its engine on a rally. It was a scrapyard write off, which he got for the old money equivalent of £4.50 (it would’ve been £5 with the side valve, which he didn’t want, but he had to take it out).

It was a successful stage rally car through the 70’s, including being possibly the only 100e to win a forest stage against all the escorts. At the time it was also our only car, so I used to get taken to nursery in a carrycot strapped to the rollcage.

Fast forward to 1998, and it became a circuit racer. Goodwood revival 5 times (best result 4th), plus an outright win at Spa. Also competed in the saloon support race at the 2002 British Grand Prix, where it got a full page feature in Motoring News as ‘the cheapest car ever to race at the British Grand Prix’.

We’ve had many other race cars, but this hit a chord with dad and is a family heirloom. Family racing has always been a thing with us (dad now 82 and still racing, still quick as well), but sadly we lost my mum a few days ago, and I’m not sure where we’re going to go from here.

SparrowHawk

63 posts

110 months

Tuesday 30th March
quotequote all


Still battling to get this little thing ready for it's first ever race at Lydden Hill in April.

With only 3 weeks left until Race 1 it will need to be a sprint finish to get the car done in time, and will still be a work in progress as the season gets underway.

Car has been built from scratch during lockdown and I've done most of the work myself (apart from the roll-cage).

Planning to race with CMMC Southern in their Tin Tops series.

MikeyTT

2 posts

189 months

Tuesday 13th April
quotequote all
I'll be competing in the Classic Sports Car Club (CSCC) Future Classics in my Triumph TR7 V8. Hopefully be at Thruxton on May 2nd, or certainly Donington Park on the 30th May:


f

CanoeSniffer

825 posts

54 months

Wednesday 14th April
quotequote all
ol said:
Haha thanks. I was in Locost for years before we got MA7DA going. Your car looks great, and that's an awesome photo! Where is the live coverage of your series? Is it through the guys at Alpha Live?
Sorry, I missed this way back when. Our coverage is via 247.tv

Here > https://m.youtube.com/user/247dottv

And our edited highlights will be on Freesports on TV smile

andye30m3

3,393 posts

221 months

Tuesday 1st June
quotequote all
davejones said:
And......if all goes to plan this one again, but sadly without our buddy Marc

Did you do the 24h? we were in the garage next to you (annoyingly spent quite a lot more time in the garage than on the circuit) in this one.


Omaruk

493 posts

126 months

Tuesday 6th July
quotequote all
Doing the 116 Trophy. It’s an endurance based series in the 750mc. this was from our 1st time out at Donington

Stuart Thompson

569 posts

130 months

Tuesday 6th July
quotequote all
davejones said:
Hopefully this one, once the fire damage is fixed...(Piston Click got a great shot here last year at Brands in the Masters...just before the inferno took hold...!!)



And......if all goes to plan this one again, but sadly without our buddy Marc



And.....if possible this might be out of retirement again........!!

I was at brands when the Amazon caught fire, it was so sad to watch, it seemed like forever to put the fire out. 😢