What are you competing in - 2022 edition

What are you competing in - 2022 edition

Author
Discussion

Dan BSCS

1,063 posts

213 months

Thursday 20th January
quotequote all
k20ris said:
3rd season of 750MC Hot Hatch (A) in the old EG Civic. R1 is Croft which makes a nice change for someone who resides in Newcastle.

Good to see you back again Kris. Hope you’re cracking on with the winter upgrades. biggrin

k20ris

242 posts

126 months

Thursday 20th January
quotequote all
Dan BSCS said:
Good to see you back again Kris. Hope you’re cracking on with the winter upgrades. biggrin
Plenty of surgery happening in the shed this winter Dan! driving

Yazza54

16,430 posts

158 months

Thursday 20th January
quotequote all
k20ris said:
3rd season of 750MC Hot Hatch (A) in the old EG Civic. R1 is Croft which makes a nice change for someone who resides in Newcastle.

Love the old civic, what's in it? K series? Still got VTEC Y0?

Chunkychucky

5,000 posts

146 months

Thursday 20th January
quotequote all
k20ris said:
3rd season of 750MC Hot Hatch (A) in the old EG Civic. R1 is Croft which makes a nice change for someone who resides in Newcastle.

Awesome, used to have a K20 EG hatch cool Unfortunately naively didn't realise they were eligible for competition with a K20 swap, so sold it... paperbag

GAjon

3,508 posts

190 months

Thursday 20th January
quotequote all
Hope to get the Grantura Gem out for at least a couple of events this season, only got two last year.



k20ris

242 posts

126 months

Friday 21st January
quotequote all
Yazza54 said:
Love the old civic, what's in it? K series? Still got VTEC Y0?
Cheers, Was running a standard B18C until very recently and at the minute there's nothing in there confused , was struggling with 140ft/lbs.

k20ris

242 posts

126 months

Friday 21st January
quotequote all
Chunkychucky said:
Awesome, used to have a K20 EG hatch cool Unfortunately naively didn't realise they were eligible for competition with a K20 swap, so sold it... paperbag
Class, yeh not many series allow for such engine swaps, fortunately the Hot Hatch series caters for it.

Chunkychucky

5,000 posts

146 months

Friday 21st January
quotequote all
k20ris said:
Class, yeh not many series allow for such engine swaps, fortunately the Hot Hatch series caters for it.
Wicked, look forward to seeing how you get on with the K swap under the bonnet - great chassis the old Civics and superb engines the K series so fingers crossed for you! cool

Yazza54

16,430 posts

158 months

Friday 21st January
quotequote all
k20ris said:
Yazza54 said:
Love the old civic, what's in it? K series? Still got VTEC Y0?
Cheers, Was running a standard B18C until very recently and at the minute there's nothing in there confused , was struggling with 140ft/lbs.
I had a kit car (GTM Libra) a few years ago with a B18C type R in it. Glorious engine.

confucuis

1,228 posts

101 months

Saturday 22nd January
quotequote all
Planning on doing hillclimbs and sprints in my mk1 Punto. I've had it since 2018 and basically rebuilt it over time, my first race car and I've been learning to do everything as I go along. I've been plagued by issues since I bought it, which I hope are solved now (I've been going through wheel bearings for fun, I don't know why!) The next event is a big one for me I think, I need it to go well with this car otherwise I think I'm finished with this car frown Its' a factory built race car, has been competing since 1998 and had a lot of battle scars, I've been doing a working restoration on it essentially.


Also hope to get out in our Morris Cooper S, my father's original car 1972. We built it together over a very long period, great car love this one to bits! She's a 1275 rally car, absolute little rocket!

k20ris

242 posts

126 months

Monday 24th January
quotequote all
Yazza54 said:
I had a kit car (GTM Libra) a few years ago with a B18C type R in it. Glorious engine.
Awesome, one of the very best indeed, especially in something as lightweight as a Libra. I've saw a few B18 Lotus Elise built in Japan too.

AceOfHearts

5,716 posts

168 months

Monday 7th February
quotequote all
An older picture but we will again be racing our 348 in the Ferrari Owners Club - Formula Classic Series. Hopefully our F355 will be ready to start using instead at some point through the year.


Mr MXT

7,546 posts

260 months

Sunday 10th April
quotequote all
Hey Dan! A couple of rounds of the BRSCC MX5 Clubman cup for me - my driving style is slightly less lairy than the Westfield Curborough days now!

Keep it stiff

1,633 posts

150 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
I recently had my first run out in my Chevron B15






andye30m3

3,404 posts

231 months

Sunday 15th May
quotequote all
I’m out in CTCRC pre ‘93 in my 318is



And the C1 24h next weekend



Also should be out for the Snetterton round of club enduro in a friends E36 M3


andy97

4,389 posts

199 months

Sunday 15th May
quotequote all
I am currently working away until early August, wasn’t quite expected, hence had to withdraw from todays CSCC meeting at Anglesey and from a rally at Abingdon in June. Annoying; I work to afford to race but can’t race because I am working!
Hopefully do a couple of meetings at the end of the year in the Caterham and 2-3 of the circuit rallies in the winter in the Escort.