Wheeler Dealers

Author
Discussion

gareth_r

3,358 posts

187 months

Wednesday 6th February 2019
quotequote all
Evercross said:
...One of the many cock-ups that could have been edited out or re-shot that I mentioned back on page 5 of this thread...
Like the mispronunciations. smile

And Ant is still saying "RPMs".

housen

1,698 posts

142 months

Wednesday 6th February 2019
quotequote all
why do they dress sooo badly

dundarach

2,053 posts

178 months

Wednesday 6th February 2019
quotequote all
I enjoy it.

Ant's breathy voice gets on my nerves a bit.

However if I didn't like it, I'd turn it over.

Mike is most probably not very nice

And Ant, probably not very good

The cars are obviously very prepared before he takes them apart soooooo easily...

However, it's TV and I admit a nice way to spend 20 minutes, once you skip the daft bits!!


johnxjsc1985

15,948 posts

114 months

Wednesday 6th February 2019
quotequote all
dundarach said:
I enjoy it.

Ant's breathy voice gets on my nerves a bit.

However if I didn't like it, I'd turn it over.

Mike is most probably not very nice

And Ant, probably not very good

The cars are obviously very prepared before he takes them apart soooooo easily...

However, it's TV and I admit a nice way to spend 20 minutes, once you skip the daft bits!!

I watched my first non Ed episode yesterday about the Alfa and I was very impressed that Ant could work on a leaky old engine without gloves but keep his hand clean and not an oily rag in sight very impressive and the tools all look nice and shiny too

V8covin

2,479 posts

143 months

Wednesday 6th February 2019
quotequote all
johnxjsc1985 said:
I watched my first non Ed episode yesterday about the Alfa and I was very impressed that Ant could work on a leaky old engine without gloves but keep his hand clean and not an oily rag in sight very impressive and the tools all look nice and shiny too
Usually Ant's hands are covered in oil and grease,he never wears gloves

johnxjsc1985

15,948 posts

114 months

Wednesday 6th February 2019
quotequote all
V8covin said:
Usually Ant's hands are covered in oil and grease,he never wears gloves
I have Brewers aversion so this was the only one I saw with Ant in it and I enjoyed his stuff but as soon as Brewer turns up I have to switch channels. You could actually take his contribution from the first ever show and just splice it in to subsequent shows and nobody would know the difference.

Clockwork Cupcake

62,784 posts

222 months

Wednesday 6th February 2019
quotequote all
The thing that always amuses me is that Edd was fired (sorry, decided to leave) because allegedly he didn't see why he had to do all the spannering and saw his role more as the presenter / face of spannering. It was part of the dirty laundry that Mike Brewer aired in the Twitterstorm over it.

Are we really to believe that, conversely, Mike personally researches every car they buy, does all the legwork looking at all candidates, and personally negotiates every purchase? Of course not - he'll have a team of scouts and researchers.
Yet he felt that Edd should do *all* of the spannering.

(Allegedly)


Edited by Clockwork Cupcake on Wednesday 6th February 18:41

gareth_r

3,358 posts

187 months

Wednesday 6th February 2019
quotequote all
The end credits for the latest episode listed
a researcher
an automobile consultant
a shop manager
a lead mechanic
3 mechanics
a fabricator
and a parts manager.

Doesn't leave much for the "co-presenters" to do off-camera. smile

I'm surprised that Mike Brewer isn't listed as a producer, though.

Evercross

1,271 posts

14 months

Wednesday 6th February 2019
quotequote all
Clockwork Cupcake said:
The thing that always amuses me is that Edd was fired (sorry, decided to leave) because allegedly he didn't see why he had to do all the spannering and saw his role more as the presenter / face of spannering. It was part of the dirty laundry that Mike Brewer aired in the Twitterstorm over it.
FTFY.


Clockwork Cupcake

62,784 posts

222 months

Wednesday 6th February 2019
quotequote all
Evercross said:
FTFY.
Thank you. Updated.

lost in espace

4,877 posts

157 months

Wednesday 6th February 2019
quotequote all
gareth_r said:
I'm surprised that Mike Brewer isn't listed as a producer, though.
He probably thinks he is higher up the food chain than that. Network principal?

ajprice

17,004 posts

146 months

Sunday 10th February 2019
quotequote all
The E39 M5 bought for £4k is on now, the cheapest currently on Autotrader is £8.5k. Was this one a cheap dog or have they gone up in value since this programme was made? Or both hehe

SydneyBridge

4,815 posts

108 months

Sunday 10th February 2019
quotequote all
ajprice said:
The E39 M5 bought for £4k is on now, the cheapest currently on Autotrader is £8.5k. Was this one a cheap dog or have they gone up in value since this programme was made? Or both hehe
Bit of both i think
Z1 next, amazing car

Adrian W

11,360 posts

178 months

Monday 11th February 2019
quotequote all
$3000 for a blocked breather, who’s writing this stuff

anonymous-user

4 months

Monday 11th February 2019
quotequote all
Ant does it for the love of cars laugh

Clockwork Cupcake

62,784 posts

222 months

Monday 11th February 2019
quotequote all
There was a repeat of the Fiat Dino Coupé episode on tonight (I forget which channel).

What an achingly beautiful car. I think I've lost count how many times I have seen that episode. That and the Urraco are .probably my two favourite episodes.

I have a bit of a soft spot for the Corrado one too, having owned one for 14 years, and found myself nodding knowingly as they tackled each of the known issues, particularly the sunroof.

Welshbeef

39,013 posts

148 months

Monday 11th February 2019
quotequote all
ajprice said:
The E39 M5 bought for £4k is on now, the cheapest currently on Autotrader is £8.5k. Was this one a cheap dog or have they gone up in value since this programme was made? Or both hehe
That episode was on TV Many years ago I mean many.

Look at what series it is - currently its series’s 15 episode 6.

Adrian W

11,360 posts

178 months

Monday 11th February 2019
quotequote all
Watching the Volvo T5R episode, you couldn’t make up this rubbish



Obviously they have

Edited by Adrian W on Monday 11th February 21:29

gareth_r

3,358 posts

187 months

Monday 11th February 2019
quotequote all
Welshbeef said:
ajprice said:
The E39 M5 bought for £4k is on now, the cheapest currently on Autotrader is £8.5k. Was this one a cheap dog or have they gone up in value since this programme was made? Or both hehe
That episode was on TV Many years ago I mean many.

Look at what series it is - currently its series 15 episode 6.
2012

ajprice

17,004 posts

146 months

Monday 11th February 2019
quotequote all
gareth_r said:
Welshbeef said:
ajprice said:
The E39 M5 bought for £4k is on now, the cheapest currently on Autotrader is £8.5k. Was this one a cheap dog or have they gone up in value since this programme was made? Or both hehe
That episode was on TV Many years ago I mean many.

Look at what series it is - currently its series 15 episode 6.
2012
I know it was an old one, I was asking about the M5 values since the programme was made.