24 Hours in Police Custody: Ch4

Author
Discussion

number2

4,371 posts

190 months

Thursday 1st June 2023
quotequote all
Fermit said:
Yeah, we watched it last night. Quite good we thought. Not quite sure how they were found guilty mind, with evidence not being conclusive?
Yes, good programme.

It was well beyond any reasonable doubt, in the way it was presented to the viewer at least.

No smoking gun so to speak but perhaps not needed. I seem to recall a policeman on here, saying that circumstantial evidence is enough.

Fermit

13,215 posts

103 months

Thursday 1st June 2023
quotequote all
number2 said:
Yes, good programme.

It was well beyond any reasonable doubt, in the way it was presented to the viewer at least.

No smoking gun so to speak but perhaps not needed. I seem to recall a policeman on here, saying that circumstantial evidence is enough.
The thing is, to my mind, that there was nothing conclusive to prove who threw which punches. I wondered if it could have been a scenario for joint enterprise. It almost doesn't matter who threw what punches, they both went in to it together, that is 100%

edgyedgy

480 posts

130 months

Monday 17th July 2023
quotequote all
I noticed 24 hrs in police custody is on tonight and tomorrow as a two parter. black widow is its Title. Anyone know if it’s a fresh episode or a repeat of previous series?

Mezzanine

9,397 posts

222 months

Monday 17th July 2023
quotequote all
edgyedgy said:
I noticed 24 hrs in police custody is on tonight and tomorrow as a two parter. black widow is its Title. Anyone know if it’s a fresh episode or a repeat of previous series?
That’s a repeat unfortunately.

normalbloke

7,525 posts

222 months

Monday 17th July 2023
quotequote all
Mezzanine said:
edgyedgy said:
I noticed 24 hrs in police custody is on tonight and tomorrow as a two parter. black widow is its Title. Anyone know if it’s a fresh episode or a repeat of previous series?
That’s a repeat unfortunately.
First aired Jan 2021.

edgyedgy

480 posts

130 months

Monday 17th July 2023
quotequote all
Mezzanine said:
That’s a repeat unfortunately.
Thanks

edgyedgy

480 posts

130 months

Monday 17th July 2023
quotequote all
normalbloke said:
First aired Jan 2021.
That’s a shame it’s been a while since any new episodes

Legacywr

Original Poster:

12,418 posts

191 months

Monday 17th July 2023
quotequote all
Did anybody watch Murder in the Family on ITV last week?

Nowhere as good a Ch4 do it, but the twist 3/4 of the way through made it more interesting…

Alickadoo

1,937 posts

26 months

Monday 17th July 2023
quotequote all
Legacywr said:
Did anybody watch Murder in the Family on ITV last week?

Nowhere as good a Ch4 do it, but the twist 3/4 of the way through made it more interesting…
Yes, there is already a thread on it.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&...

youngsyr

14,742 posts

195 months

Monday 14th August 2023
quotequote all
Anyone watch ITVs two parter Code Blue The murder of June Fox Roberts?

Absolutely harrowing case and very much in the style of 24 hours.

rigga

8,740 posts

204 months

Monday 14th August 2023
quotequote all
youngsyr said:
Anyone watch ITVs two parter Code Blue The murder of June Fox Roberts?

Absolutely harrowing case and very much in the style of 24 hours.
Watched both parts last night, terrible situation for the family member who discovered her mother.

Greendubber

13,340 posts

206 months

Monday 14th August 2023
quotequote all
rigga said:
youngsyr said:
Anyone watch ITVs two parter Code Blue The murder of June Fox Roberts?

Absolutely harrowing case and very much in the style of 24 hours.
Watched both parts last night, terrible situation for the family member who discovered her mother.
Yep I thought that too, horrific.

youngsyr

14,742 posts

195 months

Monday 14th August 2023
quotequote all
I'm not sure how you could ever feel safe again, after knowing what happened.

It looked like the family still lived in the same house?

Kamov

269 posts

14 months

Monday 14th August 2023
quotequote all
youngsyr said:
I'm not sure how you could ever feel safe again, after knowing what happened.

It looked like the family still lived in the same house?
Harrowing viewing, very much in the vein of 2023 we had a lot given to his mental health.
All serial killers by default have mental health issues, for sure in the UK most end up in secure psychiatric prisons for this reason, but this is the first show that made a big play on it which i found interesting.

Add to that how the media have been telling us that everyone has mental health and how many are suffering mental health issues due to a high Gas bill, i'm surprised this doesn't happen every day...................

I kid of course.
The media mixes up mental wellbeing, with mental health and mental health has, like all things a massive spectrum.
I have bi polar and this annoys the hell out of me how the media does this.

According to the media this guy either didn't have enough walks in the park or had just got his Energy bill.......
When the truth is he had a severe mental illness which ultimately regardless of his situation it would always be there.

Of course making everyone think they have a mental illness because one day they might have a feeling that isn't positive, is great for the pharma business flogging those happy pills.....

I make it clear again i have bi polar, can have massive highs and massive lows, totally different to feeling a bit low one day because of something, then next day being a bit more jolly, because of something....
So yeah I'm not belittling actual mental illness. I don't medicate either as its worse for my condition when they made me take it for 2 years 20 years ago. I also stopped drinking 10 years ago which I put down to my current normality, that and working hard on myself...
Sorry a rant i wanted to release.....


Richtea1970

1,216 posts

63 months

Monday 14th August 2023
quotequote all
Looks like there's an episode on tonight at 10pm. Description says a shooting in Luton, I can't remember it but I presume it must be a repeated episode, as haven't seen it advertised anywhere?

Legacywr

Original Poster:

12,418 posts

191 months

Monday 14th August 2023
quotequote all
Richtea1970 said:
Looks like there's an episode on tonight at 10pm. Description says a shooting in Luton, I can't remember it but I presume it must be a repeated episode, as haven't seen it advertised anywhere?
Young mixed race lad IIRC?

edgyedgy

480 posts

130 months

Monday 14th August 2023
quotequote all
Legacywr said:
Young mixed race lad IIRC?
23 year old Polish lad is the victim. Shot in an altercation in off-licence.don’t remember this episode before personally.

Legacywr

Original Poster:

12,418 posts

191 months

Monday 14th August 2023
quotequote all
edgyedgy said:
Legacywr said:
Young mixed race lad IIRC?
23 year old Polish lad is the victim. Shot in an altercation in off-licence.don’t remember this episode before personally.
I don’t recognise it so far…

edgyedgy

480 posts

130 months

Monday 14th August 2023
quotequote all
Legacywr said:
I don’t recognise it so far…
I’m still undecided if I’ve seen it before or not but I’m leaning towards not.

Legacywr

Original Poster:

12,418 posts

191 months

Monday 14th August 2023
quotequote all
edgyedgy said:
Legacywr said:
I don’t recognise it so far…
I’m still undecided if I’ve seen it before or not but I’m leaning towards not.
Yes, seen it before.