Battlebots 2019

Author
Discussion

ajprice

Original Poster:

16,429 posts

141 months

Thursday 27th June
quotequote all
Episode 4 fights

Cobalt v Duck
Rotator v Bombshell
Deathroll v Foxtrot
Quantum v Lock-Jaw
Endgame v Ribbot
Tombstone v SawBlaze

hairykrishna

11,005 posts

148 months

Thursday 27th June
quotequote all
Should be some good matches there. Cobalt Vs Duck will be particularly great I think.

I predict Lockjaw's going to have a bad time against Quantum.

Some Gump

11,030 posts

131 months

Thursday 27th June
quotequote all
hairykrishna said:
Should be some good matches there. Cobalt Vs Duck will be particularly great I think.

I predict Lockjaw's going to have a bad time against Quantum.
Lol not compared to sawblaze. Slightly flimsy bot with visibly flimsy saw on a lever. That is not going to match well to a big impact thing like tombstone!

ajprice

Original Poster:

16,429 posts

141 months

Thursday 27th June
quotequote all
The full list

joefraser

685 posts

56 months

Thursday 27th June
quotequote all
Some Gump said:
Lol not compared to sawblaze. Slightly flimsy bot with visibly flimsy saw on a lever. That is not going to match well to a big impact thing like tombstone!
Sawblaze is one of the decent bots in the field, i think it will do ok against tombstone- maybe even win.

Some Gump

11,030 posts

131 months

Friday 28th June
quotequote all
joefraser said:
Sawblaze is one of the decent bots in the field, i think it will do ok against tombstone- maybe even win.
We shall see! Need to find an unkilled youtube first...

hairykrishna

11,005 posts

148 months

Friday 28th June
quotequote all
I don't think they're flimsy - the flashy saw arm is just an excuse to bring a massive spinner killer wedge. I think it'll be a good fight - they only need to slip up for a second though and Tombstone will rip big chunks off them.

Some Gump

11,030 posts

131 months

Saturday 29th June
quotequote all
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K9k9P3ZQwNs

Ep 4 is go!

No further comment to avoid spoilers smile

ChocolateFrog

5,653 posts

118 months

Saturday 29th June
quotequote all
The guy who runs Tombstone is pretty unlikable.

Another decent episode though, first fight in particular was epic.

hairykrishna

11,005 posts

148 months

Saturday 29th June
quotequote all
Great episode. I think they need to sort the floor out though - factor in two of the fights there.

Nobody seems to have a bad word to say about Ray (tombstone dude) and he comes across well on podcasts and stuff I've heard him on. I think they just encourage him to play the baddie/bad winner and he enjoys doing it.

ajprice

Original Poster:

16,429 posts

141 months

Saturday 29th June
quotequote all
Ray Billings (Tombstone) away from the arena seems a normal guy. With a controller in his hands and a crowd he plays up as the panto bad guy. Part of the Tombstone show.

Some Gump

11,030 posts

131 months

Saturday 29th June
quotequote all
ChocolateFrog said:
The guy who runs Tombstone is pretty unlikable.

Another decent episode though, first fight in particular was epic.
I thought that until i read that he's asked by the show to be the bad character, and apparently he helps all the new guys loads. I also read he's one of the most popular competitors within their own sphere of people.

Just think - if he really was a dick he could do so much more damage to bots than he does...

ajprice

Original Poster:

16,429 posts

141 months

Monday 1st July
quotequote all
Does each team get 4 fights before the last 16? A few teams who have lost so far are looking at the 'desperado' contest as their way through already.

The floor definitely needs sorting, other than getting caught on the rough edges, I did see one get caught in the floor saw slots.

Other than that, a lot of the fights were really good, especially Cobalt v Duck.

ChocolateFrog

5,653 posts

118 months

Monday 1st July
quotequote all
Some Gump said:
ChocolateFrog said:
The guy who runs Tombstone is pretty unlikable.

Another decent episode though, first fight in particular was epic.
I thought that until i read that he's asked by the show to be the bad character, and apparently he helps all the new guys loads. I also read he's one of the most popular competitors within their own sphere of people.

Just think - if he really was a dick he could do so much more damage to bots than he does...
That's fair enough then.

ChocolateFrog

5,653 posts

118 months

Monday 1st July
quotequote all
And I think Cobalt is my new favourite bot.

ajprice

Original Poster:

16,429 posts

141 months

Monday 1st July
quotequote all
Testing a new floor for 2020 https://www.instagram.com/p/BzYl1sIALXr

ajprice

Original Poster:

16,429 posts

141 months

Thursday 4th July
quotequote all
Episode 5

AlexS

1,328 posts

177 months

Saturday 6th July
quotequote all

Some Gump

11,030 posts

131 months

Saturday 6th July
quotequote all
Ep5 a bit weak tbh. 4 was great tho

ChocolateFrog

5,653 posts

118 months

Sunday 7th July
quotequote all
AlexS said:
Bugger, that link didn't last long.