Yellow vests - fuel protest day of action in France

Yellow vests - fuel protest day of action in France

Author
Discussion

sunbeam alpine

4,790 posts

138 months

Saturday 12th January 2019
quotequote all
TVRJAS said:
...Or you will be arrested,held in custody,allowed no lawyer and sentenced to 12 months in prison...
Sounds good to me - I'll get free food and probably get more sex that way - and maybe get to choose when some of it takes place...

Wobbegong

12,025 posts

119 months

Saturday 12th January 2019
quotequote all
dudleybloke said:
Water cannons have been busy in Paris today.
My friend protesting in Bordeaux tells me they’ve had a guillotine out, along with an effigy of Macron eek


Ultra Sound Guy

27,138 posts

144 months

Saturday 12th January 2019
quotequote all
rscott said:
Anyone guess what's next from TVRAJS? We've had :-


Is step 5 the big flounce?
We live in hope!

EddieSteadyGo

4,255 posts

153 months

Saturday 12th January 2019
quotequote all
sunbeam alpine said:
(In many ways I feel guilty posting this as some other posters might use it to suggest some kind of press conspiracy)
No need to feel guilty. I think most people will prefer to hear reports from real people, regardless of how that fits with the prevailing ebb and flow of a particular story.

In the small town where I was (SE France) there were a few yellow vests hanging around on a roundabout today. Totally benign though.

I'm going to take my life in hands tomorrow by venturing onto the peage to collect my wife from the airport - fingers crossed we get back in one piece biggrin

williamp

16,767 posts

223 months

Saturday 12th January 2019
quotequote all
I know for a fact there are no protests in these locations


Ashby de la Zouch
Gracedieu
Chapel en le Frith
Belvoir

And Chateau Impney is still open as usual. Cant imagine other french locations are are different.

_Sorted_

331 posts

27 months

Saturday 12th January 2019
quotequote all
williamp said:
I know for a fact there are no protests in these locations


Ashby de la Zouch
Gracedieu
Chapel en le Frith
Belvoir

And Chateau Impney is still open as usual. Cant imagine other french locations are are different.
You were saying?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-12/watch-ab...

EddieSteadyGo

4,255 posts

153 months

Saturday 12th January 2019
quotequote all
_Sorted_ said:
williamp said:
I know for a fact there are no protests in these locations


Ashby de la Zouch
Gracedieu
Chapel en le Frith
Belvoir

And Chateau Impney is still open as usual. Cant imagine other french locations are are different.
You were saying?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-12/watch-ab...
That isn't Ashby de la Zouch... or Belvoir (where there is a great chateau BTW).

TVRJAS

2,390 posts

79 months

Saturday 12th January 2019
quotequote all
EddieSteadyGo said:
That isn't Ashby de la Zouch... or Belvoir (where there is a great chateau BTW).
I think Saint-Denis escaped as well. wink

Hope it works ok for you tomorrow... You can always fall on plan B and head to the mountains.

rscott

9,700 posts

141 months

Saturday 12th January 2019
quotequote all


3rd item on the BBC mobile home page ...

Linked eeport claims 84,000 protestors on the streets (quoting official French figures).

DSMA notices don't appear to be working any more ...


TVRJAS

2,390 posts

79 months

Sunday 13th January 2019
quotequote all
rscott said:
Yeah I noticed that from some tweets.... even quite close with their numbers... My side say 100-140,000 but lets not argue about that hey.

Did you happen to watch bbc news on tv? Because if it was on there then that bbc journalist was spreading fake news which I would find hard to believe. Of course it could of been a fake account and he's not a journalist at all.. Strange times we live in.

Lovely news on that 1st story also.... I just hope any media doesn't put her in harms way.

Edited by TVRJAS on Sunday 13th January 00:48

Frank7

4,297 posts

37 months

Sunday 13th January 2019
quotequote all
_Sorted_ said:
Nice bit of a Freudian slip with the graffito in red, across the hood of the white Mercedes van, “Macron, tu es un voleur”, (Macron you’re a thief).
Tutoyage has been used, meaning the familiar, family and friends use of the verb “être”, (to be), rather than “vous êtes un voleur”, the regular everyday use of it.

Tom Logan

2,024 posts

75 months

Sunday 13th January 2019
quotequote all
Frank7 said:
Nice bit of a Freudian slip with the graffito in red, across the hood of the white Mercedes van, “Macron, tu es un voleur”, (Macron you’re a thief).
Tutoyage has been used, meaning the familiar, family and friends use of the verb “être”, (to be), rather than “vous êtes un voleur”, the regular everyday use of it.
“Vous vous êtes un voleur” surely? (Person specific)

smifffymoto

2,928 posts

155 months

Sunday 13th January 2019
quotequote all
Only on PH.
Take it out of context, Macron ,kill a thief.

Dindoit

1,645 posts

44 months

Sunday 13th January 2019
quotequote all
I’ve seen lots of mumbling about how this is what we’ll see if there is a Brexit betrayal. This is France. Their national sport of protesting. We’ll get a lot of tutting, eyes rolled and exasperated sighs. There will be moronic thugs from the right out shouting and moronic thugs from the left out shouting back at them but nothing like what the French are doing.

Wayne E Edge

260 posts

101 months

Sunday 13th January 2019
quotequote all
Tom Logan said:
“Vous vous êtes un voleur” surely? (Person specific)
Vous can be used for one person or group. No need for the reflexive. The familiar might have been used on purpose as to patronise him.

Vanden Saab

4,420 posts

24 months

Sunday 13th January 2019
quotequote all
Dindoit said:
I’ve seen lots of mumbling about how this is what we’ll see if there is a Brexit betrayal. This is France. Their national sport of protesting. We’ll get a lot of tutting, eyes rolled and exasperated sighs. There will be moronic thugs from the right out shouting and moronic thugs from the left out shouting back at them but nothing like what the French are doing.
Are you suggesting that there are fundamental differences in attitude between the French and the British? Are we not all the same?

Reciprocating mass

5,636 posts

191 months

Sunday 13th January 2019
quotequote all
The perfect storm is most effective when complacency rules.

Wobbegong

12,025 posts

119 months

Sunday 13th January 2019
quotequote all
Frank7 said:
_Sorted_ said:
Nice bit of a Freudian slip with the graffito in red, across the hood of the white Mercedes van, “Macron, tu es un voleur”, (Macron you’re a thief).
Tutoyage has been used, meaning the familiar, family and friends use of the verb “être”, (to be), rather than “vous êtes un voleur”, the regular everyday use of it.
Nope. It’s to convey their disrespect and contempt for Macron.

Dindoit

1,645 posts

44 months

Sunday 13th January 2019
quotequote all
Vanden Saab said:
Dindoit said:
I’ve seen lots of mumbling about how this is what we’ll see if there is a Brexit betrayal. This is France. Their national sport of protesting. We’ll get a lot of tutting, eyes rolled and exasperated sighs. There will be moronic thugs from the right out shouting and moronic thugs from the left out shouting back at them but nothing like what the French are doing.
Are you suggesting that there are fundamental differences in attitude between the French and the British? Are we not all the same?
Hi Cathy

Tom Logan

2,024 posts

75 months

Sunday 13th January 2019
quotequote all
Wayne E Edge said:
Tom Logan said:
“Vous vous êtes un voleur” surely? (Person specific)
Vous can be used for one person or group. No need for the reflexive. The familiar might have been used on purpose as to patronise him.
Cheers. my French isn't from school but from the horses mouth, so to speak.

thumbup

Agree about the patronising bit, they are good at that. biggrin